LOSE the FLUBBER girls Weigh In/Progress Day..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI friends...
    Had to use the "shakin' my butt at ya" icon. In pain and feel like my back is gonna break if I move too quick, which should not be an issue since I am moving like a snail (LOL).

I promised I would keep up with this thread, so here goes. I think I squeezed 2 more pounds off the scale - or could be one, mine is very moody :)

Feel a little less "round", but bloated and a YUCKY Day. Had a few dinners out with the family and cheated away, ya know "I deserve" this or "deserve that". SO, I guess I deserve not to fit in those jeans.

Sorry for the rant... Lets be positive..there always next weeks check in :). Hope you all are doing well, I know the weather is not helping us much.

Wishing you a great day and week. Let me know how you are doing.
    Big Squishy Hugs to you all :)
    Kimba
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

anyone?? hmmmmm
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I didn't join in on the first posting but had to add my two cents worth. I am at the point that I keep flucuating (sp) between 170 and 173. A lot of it depends on how much pain I'm in and what we have in the house and if it's a good day as far as the depression. I have noticed that at least with me when I'm in a lot of pain I tend to stuff my mouth more and I think it is simply something to do to take my mind off the pain and the fact that I can't do to much more then just sit on the couch. lol. To all the ladies and gentlemen if there are any trying to loose weight too, good luck and don't let scale get you too down cause as Kimba said there is always next week. Keep up the good work and this thread. It's always good to have people to support you when it comes to loosing weight......SueF
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Sue - we seem to be in the same boat & at the same weight! Yes, it really should go by how we feel instead of that darn scale. Great point. Sometimes I will lose inches, but the scale won't show much of a difference and I am happy with that.

I am with you on the Pain thing... I get upset and then instantly run toward the fridge. It's a hard habit to break. I try to keep healthier snacks around, but sometimes I think that the sugar will help me at the time.
    Good Luck to you! Thanks for your reply.
    Hugs
    Kim
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I decided to join in last week. The scale only shows that I am down a pound, but it's a start. I decided I want to lose 12 lbs. total, 11 to go!

I did get out and do the Breast Cancer 5K walk on Sunday, that was good exercise. Now, if I can just get myself back on my exercise bike. I have been soooo tired, but I am glad you started this, it's nice to have other people to get motivated with. Have a fantastic day everyone! Kim :)
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi to everyone!

My weight has been my bane of existence since, I first used Zoloft in the early '90's.... I've been off of it forever, but it added weight quickly. I have a very hard time taking it off, and keeping it off!

I've lost 2 pounds since last week. This after having gained 6 pounds back of what I had lost. Confusing isn't it! LOL

I remember the saying 'Skinny feels better than food tastes.' It is a good line, but food still tastes pretty darn good! LOL

Good Luck all!

Kim
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I guess Kim is the name of the day :) Hi Kim's ... Glad you are joing us!

boltchik: Good for you on the pound and the Walk! My friend has the biggest team in the DC area. I admire anyone that can walk and support the cause - Good for You! Welcome!

Ksp56: Good for you on the 2 lbs.! That is great & yes, skinny does feel better... but that chocolate... hmmmmm. Well, you know what I mean! Welcome!

Hi Prickles: Yep... I have lots of layers to loan you (LOL). I am hoping for a better week too. I am sure you are still doing all of that walking, don't sell yourself short. Heres to a better week for us!!

Keep up the good work friends. We can celebrate or complain next week.. whatever the case may be. Keep it up!
    Big Hugs :)
    Kim
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

For your words of support!

And you are so right...chocolate always sounds good!!!

Check in next week!

Hugs,

Kim

PS. I had been at 183 lbs after loosing 11 lbs. Consumed way too many carbs and went to 189, now down to 187 and hoping for 145..eventually!
  9. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Kim-
    That would be my ideal as well! Good Luck - even close to that would be great! Wish I could work out like I used to - but I will try little things every day.
    Hugs
    Kim
  10. dononagin

dononagin New Member

KIMBA!!!!! HELP!!!!

I haven't lost an ounce this week! I know I have been stress eating... BAD GIRL... BAD.. BAD!!!!

Ok... I'll get my fat butt back on track!!

Squishy hugs back at ya!!

Love to ya all!
    dona
  11. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Dona - It's okay...it's okay... it's okay... (atleast that is what I keep telling myself - LOL)

I haven't been great either and am supposed to be going out of town with hubby this weekend. YOu know what that means... food, food and food. I will watch it a little and make sure I do some walking/exploring if I am able to.

I will have to be extra good so next Wednesday I am not up 5 lbs.! YOu can do it - but I know it is hard. We will work on it together as we face the same struggles. Try to have lots of snacks around that are healthier. I am not in to big meals, just love to reach for the convienence foods, which gets me in to trouble. Good Luck this week!

Big Hugs :)
    Kim
  12. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I just looked at your profile and saw your pic. Now either that is an old pic or your a lot taller then me cause your 173 looks a lot better on you then me. lol. why do you think I haven't posted a pic. lol.......SueF
  13. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

OH THE POWER OF SOFTWARE EDITING... HE HE. LOL. No, I did not edit that one, but I like it because I was so happy and pain free then (and to think I complained about my weight then... gee, never happy)

Okay, Okay.. I will post one from this year with my son.. time to come clean :). I am 5'9 and rounder than I want to be. I'll change it now. LOL - you caught me.

Bug Hugs
    Kim
    Wouldn't it be depressing to have a post with pics.. before this DD and after. I will post my depressing "after" pic now. Maybe this can end up being my "before" pic and in a few months I can post a great "after" pic. (fingers crossed)
  14. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

i could only find the one that had me and the kids, but not a full length shot (hmmm wonder why?) I will find a humiliating one to post... :)
    Big Hugs
    Kim
  15. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Ok.... I was a good girl last night! I even went for a walk!!

now for this morning... (hiding my head in shame...)

I come in and Chef left these beautiful halloween cupcakes on our desks! Sooooo that was breakfast.

Now.. I'm the only one in my office now, (my assistant went home sick ) so my butts glued to this chair for the rest of the day so I guess I don't have to worry about lunch...

Joe promised he would go walking with me again tonight..

The weather is perfect in the evening here right now so I guess we better enjoy it while we can!

Hope you are all having a great day!

Kimba you will get through the weekend fine as you are going into it with a positive attitude.

Love to all...
    Dona
  16. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hey Girl!

Don't worry about posting a different picture! It is always nice to see how good we felt and looked at one time.

I'd post one, but have no idea how to do so! Not a PC genius! LOL

When we are all less 'squishy' we can put up our 'new lives, now, pix!

Hugs,

Kim
  17. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Thanks for the reminder of "weigh in Wednesday".... Just jumped on the scale...
    4lbs down! WOW.....finally, getting somewhere.

I think its been the dr putting me on a wheat free, sugar free detox for the past week....its kinda turned me off food cuz the things I have been allowed to eat, aren't very tasty!! Mind you Im not having cravings like I was...so that's cool.
    And my IBS is wayyyyyyyy better as well. One more week of detox, fingers crossed for another 4 next week. I'll be pumped!

Good luck all!
    Erika
  18. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Dona - good for you!!! That is great. Just write that cupcake off... you could have eaten that and had no exersize the night before... Sounds really yummy though!

Great on the walking - yes, go again tonight. I find the walking, even if slow, really helps clear my mind as well. Good for you - Keep up the great work!

Hi Kim - Yep... we could post some after pics and our new thread will be "The Lost Flubber Girls"... oh wait, that sounds like we are actually lost.... well, we kinda are... Well, you know what I mean.. LOL.

Hugs
    Kim
  19. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi friend... we must have been posting at the same time... I did not want to miss writing to you. Let me just say..
    CONGRATS!!! That is very inspiring. I wish I could be turned off of the food (LOL).

So good. You are doing GREAT! Anxious to hear from you next week. Even taking care of the IBS.. so great!! I think I need a big ole' detox myself. I might ask you about that at another time. You are obviously sticking to the detox rules too, which should be commended.

AWESOME!!!! Yaaaahhhh!
    Big Hugs to You!
    Kim
  20. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Gotta tell you that your 172 looks a lot better on your 5 foot 7 inch(?( frame then it does on my little ole 5 feet 2 inches. I keep telling everyone that i'm not over weight i'm just to short for my weight. there is a difference ladies. don't let anyone tell you differently either. lol. One of the things we know about our weight is everyone looks different and feels different in thier minds about how their body looks. That being said I'm just giving you a hard time about it and hope you relieze that I really am laughing with you and not at. People can be size 0 and still feel fat and when looking in a mirror see themselves as fat....SueF
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]