LOSE THE FLUBBER people... How are you doing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimba4318, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Friends... I will start walking next week (doc said it should be okay, after my surgery, by then).

I know a big resolution for alot of people is weight loss. I am going to introduce the walking slowly and decrease my fat intake. I will do this slowly and hope to get some added energy out of it.

I am focusing on eliminating trigger foods that may add to my flare ups and see how I do with that.

Anyone else have any goals you will be setting for yourself or any other progress to report? What has worked, or is working, for you? Please share.

Good Luck and Hugs to Everyone.
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Well, I'm going to go back on phase I of the south Beach Diet. I gained 12 pounds while on prednisone.

The South Beach Diet works great for getting rid of belly fat. It gets rid of the sugar cravings too.

I have been on phase 2 of the South Beach for a couple of years now. I had lost 35 pounds on the diet. Then I had a recent flare up of my rheumatoid arthritis and BAMO! Prednisone pounds!

Unfortunately, I can't exercise as I use an electric mobility scooter. So if I can lose 35 pounds on the SBD, it must be a good diet!

Loosing that 35 pounds made it much easier on my arthritic weight bearing joints. So back to phase I for me. I just have to get rid of some of the foods in my ref. that are allowed on phase 2, but not on Phase 1 of the diet.

I'm not throwing them out! So I'll probably be starting on it in a week or 10 days.

It is an excellent meal plan for life, it is not a fad diet by any means.

so that is what has worked for me. Joyfully
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I was already up to high, and christmas has really done me in! I've never weighed this much accept when pregnant.

I really dislike how this feels!

My goal, clean eating, and busting this sugar craving! Simple meal plans for the next week.

Would like to comitte to walking everyday, even if it's only to the mailbox and back.

That's my plan. It's just so painfully slow to lose weight when one is so inactive!! Hard to stay motivated, but i know my bad eating lately isn't doing me any good.

WOW!! I'm sitting here at the computer feeling like a beached whale! I swear, my jeans are so tight now that they're cutting off all circulation to the lower portion of my body..I haven't had good eating habits for months..Never mind about all the yummie food at Christmas, I've been eating anything and everything insight for months!!

I truly don't know what has come over me with my poor eating habits..I keep telling myself, "tomorrow, I'll start eating healthy tomorrow", but it hasn't happened yet. I know I've got to lose the weight..my body is screaming at me to do so..and perhaps when I do start eating healthy and exercising again, I won't be so crankeeee!! I know my husband will be thrilled to have a kinder person in the house!!

Kim, I'm not sure if this was your intention or not, but, hopefully, this thread will turn out to be a weight loss support group. I will check-in tomorrow and let you know if I've started my program to lose the "flubber"!!

Thanks so much and have a good evening everyone!

5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Good to see you posting after your surgery. I hope that means you are feeling pretty good. :)

Well, I stayed the same over the holidays, it is near impossible to lose more weight with all that yummy food around. I am working on trying to stop my sugar cravings. I still have a goal of losing 12 more lbs. or so. Slowly, but surely! Have a great night all! Kim :)
  6. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Am trying to loose that weight too, so far 10 pounds in 2 months. I know it isn't much but hey I'll take it. I will check back often It is nice to see others who are working for the same goal.

7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Then gained three back in December.....rats! But I have no one to blame but myself. So my hubby and I are doing our own "Weight Watchers"- we have their materials and will be accountable to each other (to save money!). We weighed in yesterday- ugh- and will encourage each other to exercise. Good luck everyone!
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Yikes! Gained 3lb from xmas, and i was already over my limit!

First goal is to lose that 3lb first!

Blueski, if you lost 10lbs in two months, that's incredible!! Way to go! The only time i lost that fast was when i was to sick to eat.

My biggest problem is the inability to exercise!

So if i want to lose i have to be super strick on the eating, however, if i get to strick, that makes me feel ill and weak.

I'm going for clean eating.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/05/2007]
  9. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Yep - lets get going. Lets take it day by day and if we screw up one,we have to commit to jump back on the wagon. One bad day does not mean it is all over for us.

We will check in next Wednesday (and every Wednesday for updates). We did that for a while, but I had some surgeries and ofcourse the holidays did not help either.

Thanks for sharing what works for you. Sounds like some good plans to get it done for the new year. I am also disgusted at myslef but know I can change it and yes... be a happier person hopefully :) God knows we have reasons to be cranky anyway, but I think this will give me a big boost in feeling better physically & even emotionally.

Lets get started... will talk to you next Wednesday or sooner. Hope you all have a stress/pain free week.

10. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I'm just barely back and just found the CHAT section where in everyone seems to be 'chatting'...tehe

My grand tally to date is down 32 lbs...all since 12/1...I didn't lose the flubber yet either, just the inflammation from this friggin disease...

AND I HAVE BEEN ON 80mg. PREDNISONE a day too...My head is HUGE from the 'moon face' and my body shrunk, I look funny, but nothings worse than how I feel so I deal with it, just thankful to be alive...

I changed my diet completely and I am loving it...I now really love to eat cause everything tastes GOOD and HEALTHY, not greasy, fatty, sweet, salty...all the tastes I thought were pleasant...ICK!

So keep up the good work girls...I intend on living like this forever...Peace~Alicia
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm interested in your diet- how much did you lose the week you were on it? It sounds a lot like the cabbage soup I made on Weight Watchers. I can eat a bowl of it, but tire of it pretty quickly. But I need to lose weight.........
  12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing with their diet..So far, I'm doing pretty good..

Hope everyone has a great evening!
  14. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

Hi Kimba
    I tried this Cabbage soup diet years ago. Someone told me to eat cabbage soup for one week I would lose weight at that time I was only wanting to drop about 5lb. I dropped more than that when I hit the floor from passing out. I didnt know I could have other food's was only eating the soup. FUNNY now ,but scared me then lololo. This was before I was sick. I have gained alot of weight since I was DX with FM I am just not as active now. The last time I was this size is when I was pregnant with my twin boy's. I have gained 30lb' and I am 5ft 2in (It really shows) I have tried so many of these diet pill's but nothing is helping. Thank you for posting this I will give it another try ( THE RIGHT WAY) :) Thank's again
  15. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

WEll, I truly need to lose a good 20 lbs now, And I need to lose it by April 1st as we are going on holidays for 2 weeks to Australia and I want to be able to wear shorts and not scare anyone, I am just worried if I try the cabbage soup diet and lose some weight and then gain it back and then some...... well I have 3 months to decide.

Love to all, Ann
  16. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Friends! Hope you are feeling a little less pain today, if possible.

I have not done my walking yet, but will start after my mouth feels a little better after my unexpected dental experience yesterday.

I will be taking my Golden with me, as he seems to be my motivater lately, him and the excess 20lbs I need to lose. I am with you all... we gotta get it off to feel better.

I have never personally tried the cabbage soup diet. I am going to go for more of the exercise 1st and go from there. It does sounds like they would drop off quick for a jump start though. However, knowing me, I would just think I "deserved" to eat whatever I wanted after dropping it that quickly. Boy do I sabotage (sp) myself.

I hope you all are doing well. Anyone else have aNy progress to share or even guilt stories... hey WHATEVER it is, I feel for ya! Gettin' it in gear over here.

17. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I seriously looked at myself and determined to lose some weight starting a couple days ago. With age, medications, and pain limiting my activity, I weigh more now than even when I was 9 months pregnant with my sons. In fact, right now, I would love to weigh that amount.

So, I am taking the bull by the horns and starting to do what I know to be right.

I have tried all kinds of diets over the years (even the cabbage soup diet...Save Me from That!), so now I'm just cutting out sugar and too much bread. I also have started walking more and have some very low impact exercise tapes. Of course, my legs hurt so much, but have been determined.

I'm not weighing myself. Just would be too depressed to see the number. Anyone else feel like this? JUst watch as my clothes get bigger and bigger. I'll let the doctor notice the next time I go in.

So, I'm with you all. Best wishes for great success in this really important health endeavor.

18. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Well folks, I'm off of the prednisone. I've lost 3 pounds of the 12 pound weight gain. I don't know if the weight loss is from cutting calories or just getting off the prednisone. I'll take it either way!
  19. fivesue

fivesue New Member

the Discovery Health 2007 Health Challenge...a weight losing plan. They have a weight tracker, a exercise tracker, menu plans for all types of eaters with shopping lists, and lots of other things.

I really haven't used their menus, but plan to check them out now and then. My husband just wouldn't go for the recipes so I am just eating better...and got all the candy, etc. out of the house. I lost a couple pounds the first two days...easy to lose the first, holiday weight. Now, I have to keep it up. I want to feel better.

Anyway, check it out on Discover Health if you want. Think it's a good way to keep me thinking about eating better and exercising more as I can.

20. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I gained about 5-7 pounds during the holidays. I got that off ...now I am ready to tackle the last ten pounds that have been haunting me for the last year and a half.

I went back on the LA Weight Loss plan. I am determined to get the weight back off. I feel better when I weigh between 130-135. I have severe vericose veins. My legs can't handle the weight anymore.