Losing My Patience...NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmelodyg, May 10, 2003.

1. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Things are really getting frustrating for me lately. I lost my unemployment insurance payments a couple of weeks ago, so now I am totally without an income. Thank God my boyfriend is helping me out a little. So, I applied for government medical insurance and disability. The Med. Coverage is going to start in about a month or two. And who knows when or if my disability will go through. My current pain regimine is 10 mg. of Percocet 3 times a day with nothing for breakthrough pain. And it certainly is not lasting 6 hours, mabye 2 hours at the most! My doc says that he does not want to give me anything more until he can get some more tests and get me to a Neurosurgeon. He is worried that he is just "covering up something" with the meds. But what about the mean time while I am waiting??? The Neurosurgeon's office called to tell me that the first available appt is in October!! I desperatly need to have an MRI done on my back, because my doc seems to think I probably have degenerative disks in my back due to the shooting pain in my legs and feet. And my pain is getting worse and is spreading more and more every week. I was taking Ultram for breakthrough pain. But it works about as well as just taking Tylenol! So I just told my doc to stop prescribing it for me. I don't see the point in paying big money for a med that is useless. My next appt with my regular doc is May 28th. Who knows what he will do at that point. I am such a standstill point and I am losing my patience. I think that I am going to have to just do my own legwork to find a Rheumy and/or Neurologist. My doc's office is useless. No place that does MRI's will allow me to have one without putting at least a deposit for $500. Yeah right. I need help and better pain meds NOW!! I am so sick and tired of this. Sorry, I just needed to vent.

Lots of Love,
    Kathryn
    [This Message was Edited on 05/10/2003]
  2. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

It is ok to vent your anger on this site there are a lot of people who can tell you the best thing to do i am sorry i am in the UK and they do things difrent here but i do no stress can make a lot of these things worse and you sound very stressed maybe when you see your doctor on may 28th he can ask for you to be seen as an emergency can you bring his appointment forward as an emergency as well, if not you may have to waiti think if some one from the USA is reading this they could advise better,thinking of you
    (((((big hugs))))
    Loopyloo xx
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

There is nothing I can do to help, but just wanted to let you know that I did read your vent, and I do hope it made you feel better just getting it out of your system.

You take care, and I will hold some good thoughts for you.

Shalom, Shirl