LOSING POST: Is it just me my computer or does it happen to yo

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1sweetie, Apr 1, 2006.

1. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am constantly losing post. It happens quite often to me. Sometimes I am in the middle of the post and then there are the times that I have completed the post and it disappears and goes back to the thread that I was responding to before I can send it.

I am going to get a new computer but this really bothers me and I need to know if it's this message board or if I'm doing something wrong.
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I sometime's hit the wrong key, and end up back on my homepage!:)

I think it must be your computer, if it was the messageboard, you would get an e=mail stating why your post was deleted.

I think that is what you are asking? Ihope that answer's your question.:)

Best wishes for a new computer.:)

Claudia
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thanks so much for your help. I did not know how to do that. I just found your anwser today. I have lots of problems with brain fog/cogntivite issues and did not find your post until now. I will make a copy so I will remember how to do that. Your description is exactly what is happening to me. My computer skills are lacking.

I did get a new computer but now I am having so much trouble with sensory overload that I can't stay on the comptuer as I could with the old one. I am trying to adjust fonts and page colors so I can use the board.

At times, I feel it is the only place I can go for help. Again thanks for your time and knowledge.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I don't know how to tell if a problem is due to the computer, the internet, the server, the browser, the search engine or global warming.

I do know I tried to post a message two days ago. After clicking on SEND the message vanished. Haven't seen it since.

Here Little Message...where are you?
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

It's probably floating around in good company with several of mine.

It takes too much time and thought to loose these post. I am just figuring out how to use this board. It has taken several months.

If we find those post, maybe we can find my brain.
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I like SocialWorker's answer about using Notepad if you are on Windows and TextEdit if you are on a Mac. I do that a lot, but I generally don't have a problem with the board.

I do notice that when I have problems with some Internet websites and I know I've been on the computer for a long time, I'll reboot and flush out the cache and the computer will work a lot better.

Just an idea if you have been online for 4 hours or more.

Also if you are answering a post in Notepad or TextEdit, you can see all the posts that were written in order to answer all of them, instead of just seeing the first post.

Hugs,
    Faye