Losing Weight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Jan 6, 2009.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I was wondering if any of you had success with any sort of weight loss plan? I have started to eat lots of veggies and cutting out the potatoes, etc. But my goal is to loose 100 lbs and I just don't think changing my eating habits will be enough.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/07/2009]
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I wrote you a bit of note on the Porch. You might want to check that first. I have also gained some wieght in the past few years but not as much as you have. However, it is still very frustrating no matter how much you gain. When your clothes (esp my pants do not fit it is very frustrating).

Was glad to see youon the Porch. Check the porch and see what I have written. Then if you want to answer you can do so here.

So sorry you are feeling so badly with your pain. I understand that for sure ! I have had mine way to long !!

3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Well today I'm feeling very inspired. I've talked with the rest of the family about my plan for losing weight. The guys were very good about everything and said they would also like to eat healthier and slim back down before summer. So, I did a lot of grocery shopping today and I picked up tons of veggies and some "light" snacks for the guys. No potato chips, peanut butter cups or any junk. Heck, I would just be happy to lose the 70 lbs. I put on before all the fibro.

I've been on Lyrica for about 2 years and my dr. is convinced this was the problem for the weight gain. I've always liked just a little chocolate every so often but with the Lyrica I craved it like I had horrible PMS. And whenever I ate I never felt really full. Plus, I've stopped drinking all the water like I use to. The soda has to go. Randy can't go without Mountain Dew but I don't think it will be that hard for me.

So, I'm doing some research on customizing a plan to start losing weight with and use my Gazelle faithfully everyday even if it is just for 10 minutes. A friend of mine with fibro said even if it hurts you will end up feeling better and then you will be able to increase your exercise. Until I find someplace that has a indoor pool so I can swim, because I love swimming and it really is suppose to help.

So, time to do the dinner dishes. We had tomato basil soup and grilled cheese. No more butter and back to margarine. Not sure why I switched to using butter all the time. I really prefer the margarine. Over time I can slip in the lighter version of margarine. Small steps for all of us in this house.