Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Allen, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Allen

Allen Member

I have Fibro for about 20 years. Constantly injuring myself....some times really badly.....you should see my left arm, as we speak.
    Please share if you also have this nasty symptom.
  2. Spacey

Spacey Member

I also have this problem. Dizzyness and balance problems. |Iv'e had it everyday for 5 or 6 years now. For me it's the worst symptom. It so affects everything that you do. It's one thing to have pain, but this just makes it worse. Iv'e tried about every therapy there is for it, and nothing seems to work. Good luck. Spacey
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I've always been a klutz--so people who know me well think its just normal for me.

The balance issues can be very embarrasing like in a store or at work. I think some of my meds make me a little dizzy at times, so if I am going to work or driving I space them out a little different than when I can be at home.
  4. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

I am right there with you guys. My doctor called is a proprioception problem. I am constantly black and blue, so much that the last time I has to go to the ER for kidney stones, they kicked my husband out to make sure I wasn't being abused. LOL

5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Possibly a Babesia infection...read about it here on pages 22-24, 26-27:

6. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Everyone is ALWAYS asking me "What did you DO to yourself?" like I just went out and decided to try ice climbing or extreme skiing off of Mt. Everest! The truth is, I took ballet and pointe for 13 years and even danced in a production of Swan Lake. I flew a plane and skydived, rode horses, and surfed. That was before fibro hit. I've broken three toes this year - all in my house. I fall over my feet, have fallen out of bed a few times and I can't get on a small step stool or change a light bulb. I'll kill myself. About the only exercise I CAN do is snowshoe. My shoes are extra big and the deep snow breaks my falls. But looking up at the sky and seeing the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness is worth it!

7. loto

loto Member

I've been diagnosed with Fibro since 2008.
    While I've not injured myself as a result of losing my balance, I do have problems keeping it. I want to be videotaped sometime to see what I look like when I walk. I wonder if people think I'm drunk all the time by my unsteady gait.
    Sorry for your injuries Allen.

8. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I think that this problem may be caused by a build-up of neurotoxins in our systems. All those tick-borne infections produce neurotoxins inside you, and exposure to low levels of mold toxins for years allows neurotoxins to accumulate in you.

I used to have this problem, and it has gone away since I have been avoiding toxic molds.

You can get an HLA-DR test from Labcorp and it will show you which kinds of neurotoxins you are genetically susceptible to. Being susceptible to a neurotoxin means your body has trouble eliminating it, so it builds up.

For more info, see http://www.biotoxin.info