Lost and feeling alone

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by CindyMarie, Jul 12, 2010.

1. CindyMarie

CindyMarie New Member

I am in the worst flare I have ever had. There is not one spot on my body that doesn't hurt. I am drowning under that guilt of how this effects my Husband and our two children. To hurt so bad for weeks on end for no reason. I wish sometimes my outward appearance showed my pain. No bruises or broken bones but the pain of it. I know that I am not the only one with this but Have had a hard time reaching out. I have no friends left as they don't understand why even going to lunch is not possible sometimes for two or three months. I am afraid now that the constant pain and fatigue are making me cranky. I so desperately don't want to let this change me into a meanie but I feel like it has done just that. I feel proud that I fight the desire to just stay in bed and hope to die, but wonder more these days just what it is I am working to maintain. Is this drowning chaos normal and if so please give me some words of advise, how do I get through this as it continues to get worse?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Are you suffering w/ Fibromyalgia? You might want to post on
    the Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue board. It's on this site. See the upper right hand
    corner. It has more traffic than this board.

These DDs (darned diseases) take away so much. Our health, work, friends,
    money, self-esteem, etc. Some folks have had good results with various
    supplements and strategies.

Good luck.

Rock

3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I have systemic lupus, malar lupus and suspected discoid lupus. Whether your flare is from lupus or Fibro, try to be kind to yourself. My best friend is wonderful and understands that between the lupus and the extreme migraines, I may have to cancel lunch so I call that day to tell her if we are a go or not. People like my friend are hard to find and they are truly special people. She developed CFS and goes into some terrible bouts at times so she understands. I run low grade fever, I get bad joint pain and I have to lay down and that's the most important thing for me is some rest. I'm fortunate that my lupus isn't advanced that it goes for extremely long periods. But I can feel pretty crappy for about a week.

There is a very good boards here that are Fibro and another one that is Lupus. Whatever your situation is, you might want to also post there to get the most help. I wish you the best and don't give up. Hugs.