Lost another young one

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by woofmom, Jan 12, 2008.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Last nite a 21 young man who is a family friend was cleaning his gun. It went off and shot him in the head and killed him instantly. He is one of my son's group of friends and they've all been best friends since middle school. These boys are devasted. He was always polite and well mannered when he came to our house. His Mother sang at my brother's funeral this past May. My heart is heavy. He is one of those that you instantly like and are drawn to. He is the third one to die by accident in the past two years and the second from a shotgun accident.
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. So senseless too. I will be praying for you, and the boys' family tonight. I am so sorry!

3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

that is terrible news. i am so sorry to hear it.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

It seems that always the Good guys are the one's to have Tradgic accidents like this!,,,,,I'm so sorry for the loss of your Son's Friend!,,,,Sis
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry to hear this. The same thing happened lase week to a younger boy, 14-15 or so. His parents bought him a gun for Christmas and it went off and killed him, he was an only child and the parents are devastated.

I can't imagine their pain. I am sorry for your freinds and familys-Carla
  6. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Woofmom: My heart just breaks for you and the family of that young man. Sending you my most sincerest condolences!
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am deeply sorry for the loss of this young man. I'm also deeply concerned for your son. So much loss in such a short time, keep an eye on him please.

Would he be open to the idea of a grief counselor?

Nancy B
  8. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Thanks, but he and his friends are each other's grief counselors.
  9. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Iam sending heaps of angels to surround all those mourning his loss

hugs Connie