Lost In MN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JulieKathryn, Apr 2, 2003.

1. JulieKathryn

JulieKathryn New Member

I have been fighting Dr after Dr here in Minnesota. One tells me there is nothing I can do. One keeps reducing my pain medication because of fear of addiction. The latest one told me to join an Arobics group!!! I have done some research and have been unsuccessful to find a GREAT Dr who finally understands. Coping is beginning to be unbearable. Not to mention I lost my Job last week for this very reason!! Any advice???
    I am new to the board, so I am not sure what the heck I am doing. I have No Support from my spouse or minimal at best from my family. Is this the place to vent? Find fellow friends? I have reached a point in my life where I need something...mostly I think just venting and learning are all I can do, but what about the other days when darkness looms!!

Julie
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2003]
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Hi Julie,
    Welcome to our support group...we vent a lot here and share a lot of good info too. I grew up in Stillwater, MN and have lived in southern California for almost 30 years but still go back to visits...I love it there. I know your neck of the woods too...I have family in Virginia...my sister-in-law lives there and has my brother drive her to Winona for this doctor because he is so good and she goes once a month - she has severe FM and has been seeing him for years - Mark Martin in Winona 507-454-0646. I know it's far but I see there are no doctor referrals in the database here for MN but I know there's a lot of people who are from MN and may have another closer doctor for you.

Hope you find a good one.
    Blessings,
    Shaky
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I'm from Mound, on Lake Minnetonka, and we have a pretty good doctor here. Dr. Sheila Seats. She rotates between Mound and some other clinics. Her number is 612-495-2020 Appointment scheduling. This doctor believes FM exists, and that's half the battle. The gal up at the post office here has FM and see's this doctor too and she gets sent for water therapy. I don't do anything because I don't want to have to drive anywhere and put up with regular appointments. I'm kind of a rebel that way.

Marilyn :)
  4. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

if you are from Virginia???? I went to a rheumatologist there at the Duluth Clinic and he was okay. Not great, but okay. We don't have much choice here in Northern Mn., but I would try the docs at the Duluth clinic.
    Don't know if you saw my recent post, but I told of my recent rheumy visit which was not satisfactory. I would drive for 3-5 hours for a good one.
    Good luck, and let us know if you find one.
    sue