Lost in the shuffle??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Jul 27, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Ok im asking for some support today! Latley had some bloodwork done and liver panels came back highley abnormal! this happened last winter so my Dr. took me off the antiinflamatories.................................................later rerun of bloodwork came back fine! so now it was ok to take 1 pill a day (anti) 750mg's! so i followed those instructions with no problem!..............................But now after recent blood work there has been a drastic cut in pain meds. and the 1 (anti)! I know it's for my liver Health but i also know that the pain level is going to be out of control!! if i do anthing other than lay around!....................................just makes me really sad that this DD is so unpredictable and just when you think that your doing ok then something eles happens!

Don't get me wrong i have nothing against taking less pain meds! so far i'm doing ok with the first cut of Darvocet 100 mg 3 times a day ! and the anti! But now she has cut my other pain med in half also!..............................Tramodal from 8 tabs a day to 4 tabs a day! half to go back in for another blood test on the 3rd of Aug!......................................I'm just frustrated!! and need someone to talk to! thanks for your time!..................................sisland
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Did she say this is a permanent cut back on your pain meds? By Aug. 3rd you will know how the cut back is affecting you so you'll have to tell her.... jeez I don't understand these docs, makes no sense to me. Wish I could help you more!

Hugz,
    Tona
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for your response! No word on the future of meds just have to wait and see! weird because she has been so supportive with me but........................Just Has her nurse call me witch is fine but don't know why i'm just feeling very very sad today!!......................................it will pass!
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello
    I Have been on Tramadol for many years, It's a genaric ultram. But yes the word from the nurse is no Tylenol-no aasprin- so i think what is happening is that I had to have my Gallbladder out about 14 years ago ..............................and now my liver does all the excreating (sp) But any way if we can get by with taking a lower dose then thats all the better for liver health. I think your fine with that dose!

I just worry about winter when the temp goes below 40 degrees! i really need the antis- and the davocet!......................oh well life goes on!! thanks for your concern!.......................sydney
  5. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

thinking of you, that really stinks..hope it gets better
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

There are pain meds out there that contain no tylenol but I'll be darned if I can think of their names right now. Maybe do a post asking about them??? I sure would so you can be armed with all the info you need when you see her on the 3rd!

Hugz,
    Tona
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

for all your concern! don't understand still but will get some answers hopefully after the next blood test! also i ordered some milk thistle so maybe that will help!!.................sydney
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

9. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Don't forget to let me know how it goes on the 3rd ! How are you feeling now on your cut back of pain meds?
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

You know it's not going as bad as i thought it would!! Maybe i'm making some progress!! the first couple of days were alittle Emotional and scary ! but today and yesterday haven't been to bad at all!!..............................I will let you know when i hear back from the Bloob test! this is so so scarey because i 'have been on the same perscription of pain Meds for 8 years! I'm sure my Dr, knows what she's doing!! ..........................................................I recieved the Milk Thistle in the mail yesterday so am starting that!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thanks for your concern! My oldest girl's Name is Tanya Marie and we call her Tona for short!! Weird huh!..............................Hugs! Sydney
  11. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Is that with a long O? That is how my name is pronounced. Mama found it on a tombstone when she was 8 months along... true story....

Anyway.... wishing you well and hoping the bottom doesn't drop out AFTER your appt. on the 3rd which has happened to me many times.

Hugz,
    Tona