"Lost" it today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twjen, Nov 21, 2002.

1. twjen

twjen New Member

Hi everyone, I recently just applied for short term disability through my employer. They called me this morning to ask question already answered. I got mad and told them to call my Dr. that I was in pain and wasnt about to take any narcotics for it and get hooked. Then when my HR lady from work called I chewed her out about constant fmla updates and harassing me. Then my husband called and wanted to know why I hadnt gone back to work and I just said CUZ. Ive tried to tell him about the fibro. colitis, etc. and he isnt interested much either. I feel better to some extent spending what energy I have and bearing the pain to care for kids and home. Im not going to push myself like last time 6 months ago and feel that bad again.
    I also faxed my Dr. a letter and told her that I had taken off work and she could put whatever or not on my fmla form, that I didnt care if I got fired or not, that all I cared about was myself! WOW, what a day, makes me laugh a little now. This ever happen with anyone else?
  2. twjen

twjen New Member

Hi everyone, I recently just applied for short term disability through my employer. They called me this morning to ask question already answered. I got mad and told them to call my Dr. that I was in pain and wasnt about to take any narcotics for it and get hooked. Then when my HR lady from work called I chewed her out about constant fmla updates and harassing me. Then my husband called and wanted to know why I hadnt gone back to work and I just said CUZ. Ive tried to tell him about the fibro. colitis, etc. and he isnt interested much either. I feel better to some extent spending what energy I have and bearing the pain to care for kids and home. Im not going to push myself like last time 6 months ago and feel that bad again.
    I also faxed my Dr. a letter and told her that I had taken off work and she could put whatever or not on my fmla form, that I didnt care if I got fired or not, that all I cared about was myself! WOW, what a day, makes me laugh a little now. This ever happen with anyone else?
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I never had so many in a row or the same day, but good for you! Don't you feel better?
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

I found myself biting everyones' heads off today. I didn't sleep well last night and was thinking that th eincrease in my Neurontin was backfiring. I discovered a while ago that I didn't take any Neurontin last night and I'm not sure about the previous night, but my guess is maybe I did, but maybe not! I didn't put it in my weekly med holder for some reason.

I got an email from my doc and it won't open. I tried everything I could think of. Then I tried to get online help. It wasn't helpful and I ended up "yelling" at the person who had tried to help me. I felt terrible about that.

Got in an argument with my mom. I can usually defuse those, but not this time. When I finally realized what was going on she was blaming everything on me and the fact that I was using her stapler, the only one in the house with staples in it! Her explanation made no sense.

If I don't sleep tonight I think I'll just stay in bed tomorrow. That way there will be no problems with anyone!

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 11/21/2002]
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I found myself biting everyones' heads off today. I didn't sleep well last night and was thinking that the increase in my Neurontin was backfiring. I discovered a while ago that I didn't take any Neurontin last night and I'm not sure about the previous night, but my guess is maybe I did, but maybe not! I didn't put it in my weekly med holder for some reason.

I got an email from my doc and it won't open. I tried everything I could think of. Then I tried to get online help. It wasn't helpful and I ended up "yelling" at the person who had tried to help me. I felt terrible about that.

Got in an argument with my mom. I can usually defuse those, but not this time. When I finally realized what was going on she was blaming everything on me and the fact that I was using her stapler, the only one in the house with staples in it! Her explanation made no sense.

If I don't sleep tonight I think I'll just stay in bed tomorrow. That way there will be no problems with anyone!

Barbara