Lost my car keys to fibro fog since Monday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cakedec, May 3, 2006.

1. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

Help--I haven't been able to find my car keys since Monday.
    I know that I had them then because I drove up to the video store to return videos and must have had them to drive back home. Can't locate them since--not in any of the usual places. Rest of family swears they haven't taken them. Going to look one more time--then will have to make replacement keys. So disgusted with this absent mindedness from FMS. I'm only 47. Any suggestions?

Deb
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

well...maybe more than once! LOL

Turned out they were locked in my car. *sigh* Mom and I were at a restaurant and I had to call hubby at work to come let me in my car. He didn't say a word. LOL Guess he's getting used to my fog.

Sometimes I have to follow my steps around the house, look in pockets, purse, etc. I need to get the beeper that Ouch is talking about. LOL Need it for my glasses too. *wink*

God Bless.
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Deb,

I know this feeling all to well. I know it's hard to do with this fog, but try to rethink every step you made before losing your keys...try to think/imagine the last time they were in your hand. If you drove home from the video store and this was the last place you went with your keys, they have to be somewhere between your car and home.

I hope you find your Keys and I know how frustrating this is....I have done this very same thing several times or I tend to lock myself out of my own car.

Hopefully they will turn up...Ouch had a great suggestion, weither you find your keys or have to make replacement's buy one of those little things to put on your keys that beeps, so if ever miss placed again you can find them.

Good Luck
    ((Hugs))
    ~Bluerose~
  4. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

I just bought a hair brush because I lost mine and can't find it anywhere. Don't even mention how many sets of keys I have lost in the past five years.
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Have you found your keys yet?

God Bless.
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Went to a bridge club some years ago. One of the players showed us the latest electronic gadget. You just press the button and your keyring will beep.

No more misplaced keys.

So after the game he couldn't find his keys, no matter how many times he pushed the button.

Finally a lady came back from the parking lot and said, "I think I have someone else's keys. And you know what? They keep beeping."
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I did the same with my partials,,,LOL! I would not smile to anyone for 2 days,,,

I later found them in a pot in my kitchen. Fibro can do those things to you. If they are not in the "usual" places, they are normally in the most unlikely places.

What was the first things you did when you came home? Putting away groceries, maybe while talking on the phone?

Mom put her glasses in the freezer, and the milk in the dry goods storage, and it happens all the time. She will hollor at herself, saying "I just bought milk, now, where IS it??"
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Cakedec

i've misplaced the keys alot!! one day i was at the grocery store and was unloading the bags into my trunk and yes you guessed it i dropped the keys into the trunk and didn't know it!!.............slammed the trunk and had to walk home (only a mile) but when you have fm that's a long way!!...............................................it was a 90 degree day last summer! needles to say I now have 3 sets! one in my wallet one on the key rack and one in my purse!!........................................................Check the couch cushions!..........goodluck! sydney
  9. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

for the keys? I'm just thinking you'd have 2 things to lose. AMY
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The beeper clips on your belt.

11. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

Thanks so much for all of your stories about the missing keys, teeth, milk, etc. I can so relate.

Yes, my husband finally found the keys last night. I throw my purse up on top of a hutch and the keys were up there; probably fell out of the purse. Too high and recessed for me to see into it but he is taller. I had already gone up to the hardware to make some extra keys but that's alright; will give us some extras.

4EverKid: I totally agree with your idea that you have to let the subconscious mind work by letting the conscious mind have a break when you go into a panic. Usually once I quit looking and calm down or pray about it, it will come to me a little later on.

Deb
  12. I had to go get a blood test the other day. The lab is in the basement. I thought I pressed the right key, the door shut and I thought it went. The door opened , I get out and look for the lab as it is right around the corner and I had just called them so I knew they didnt' move. Some guy asked if he could help me, I told him I was looking for the lab. He said its in the basement. OMG, here the elevator didn't even move, and opened later, and I was on the wrong floor. DUH! How embarassing.