Lost my Mom on Saturday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, May 4, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

My Mom passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Saturday April 29th. It has been an awful week. Just awful. I just got back home last night. She was buried in Lancaster Ohio.
    Her name was "Avonelle". She was Avonelle to everyone. She was a quiet simple woman. She was loved by all, and we all agreed we dont ever remember seeing her mad at anyone, or say anything bad about anyone.

You would have loved her. My poor Dad is lost. They were very very close and still in love after 54 years. I know we (myself, Dad and two brothers and a sister) are lucky to have her for so long, but this came as a huge shock, we will miss her so so much.

Pattie

[This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
  2. mom4three

mom4three New Member

My heart goes out to you.
    I am so very sorry for your lose.

I lost my mother today one year ago so I truly feel for you.

Tracy
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your mom suddenly. Somehow that makes it that much worse.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
  4. Jordane

Jordane New Member

It is so hard when you lose your mom.It breaks your heart into tiny little pieces.That you never totally get back together!!!
    My heart goes out to you!!

(((((hugs))))
    Jordane
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have known three families in april that have all died...i am sorry it was two...

is your father still alive...i know people refer to loves have been lost but they have diedn.....

there are breavment groups out there usually small fee or nominal...

great big hugs

jodie
  6. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Don't know what to say, that everyone else hasn't said, just wanted to lend my support.
  7. AZJulie

AZJulie New Member

Many hugs to you... Take extra care of yourself and watch over your Dad. One of the hardest things we have to do in life is out live the ones we love. I have been there, so my heart goes out to you. Try and rest, you won't but try.
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

((((Warmest Hugs!))))

Having lost my dad just a few short months ago, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. My prayer is for you and for your dad. I pray that the God of all comfort will comfort you, and that you will allow yourself to grieve when it is time. You are probably numb now...I know I was.

Again, I am so sorry. Your mom sounds like she was a really wonderful person...you must have some great memories.

Sue
  9. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Pattie,
    You are in my thoughts. I am so sorry. Having it happen so suddenly makes it all the more difficult. Take care and look after yourself,

Kathy.
  10. twerp

twerp New Member

I don't have any magic words to make it better for you. Just be sure that she knew you loved her very much and you brought much joy to her life.

Take care of yourself so you can help your Dad.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your wonderful mother. Only time will heal. You have these great memories of her and it sounds as if she did not suffer which is a blessing.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Love Anne C
  12. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I am SO SO sorry for the loss of your Mother.

I know it's very painful either way, but losing someone so suddenly and unexpected seems to make it even harder, my mother in law passed away suddenly and unexpected at the age of 51 this past febuary.

Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! May God give you all strength to get through this difficult time.

Hugs & Love
    ~Bluerose~
  13. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I am so sorry. There are no words to convey how hard loosing your mother could be, especially while watching your father suffer the loss as well. I simply can not imagine how difficult this must be for all of you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. I wish you strength, sleep, and wellness.

jenni

14. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you Patti. So very sorry to hear.

Take care of yourself and your Dad.

Hugs To You, Patti,

BlueSky555
  15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

My prayers are with you and your family.Linda
  16. kbak

kbak Member

Pattie,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Both my parents are in bad health, and I'm constantly worried about that situation. It's a huge loss to lose a parent. I feel so bad for yor dad. My prayer's go out to your entire family.

HUGS!
    K.
  17. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I am so very sorry for your lose.
    Prayer for those who mourn;

Bless those who mourn,eternal God.
    with the comfort of your love
    that they may face each new day with hope.
    and the certainty that nothing can destroy
    the good that has been given. May their memories become
    joyful.
    their days enriched with friendship.
    and there lives encircled by your love.

Vienna Cobb Anderson
    God bless, sixtyslady
  18. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am so sorry. I am sending hugs & prayers your way. Tam
  19. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

My heart goes out to you and your family, your mom sounds like she was a beautiful woman, my prayers are with you, Ritatheresa
  20. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I am SO sorry for your loss..

I thought I lost my mom on 9/11 (we didn't hear from her for 18 hours) and it was awful.

Losing your mom unexpectedly must be even harder for you.

Like everyone else, I have no magic words that we help, but know that I am praying for you and your family..

julie (is free!)

No one feels
    the way you feel.

All I know
    is love can heal
    what nothing
    else can heal..

- Radney Foster (written for his wife after she lost her father)