lost my mom to cancer last weekend, devestated!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by calgarychris, Oct 23, 2008.

1. calgarychris

calgarychris New Member

Hi Everyone,

Boy, the board has changed. I have not been of it for two months as my mom was diagnosed with B-Cell lymphoma on August 23, 2008 and left this world on October 18, 2008. I was with her every day and I am going to miss her for so many reasons, for being my mother, friend, and my fibro buddy as she had it too and she is the only one I can talk to about this disease. I feel lost right know and some encouragement would go a long way.

Hugs to all

Chris
  2. gws

gws New Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss..
    my heart goes out to you.
    Hang in there, as best you can
    your in my thoughts and prayers
    Becky
  3. limbo

limbo Member

My heart goes out to you in your sorrow. It is a long process to healing, the grief process isn't an easy journey. Reach out for support, it is out there. I divorced, so I know and remember. Are you a Christian? I'm very close to my daughter, so I relate to the your loss. I am so sorry! Remember God gave us tears to heal. God Bless limbo
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

How wonderful for you to have been with your mother every day. It must have been a tremendous comfort to her. There is no substitute for Mom in this world so please let yourself grieve for as long as it takes. You find that even as you begin to cope more "easily", it's normal to go back to it time and time again throughout your life - especially on holidays. Thus it is. Think of it as a time of healing and a tribute to your Mom.

My prayers are with you.

Marta
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

IAM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

I LOST MY DAD LAST DEC. AND I KNOW WHAT A VOID THAT LEAVES IN YOUR LIFE.

IM SO GLAD YOU GOT TO BE WITH HER EVERYDAY. MY DAD WAS ALSO THE ONE I COULD TALK TO(HE HAD FIBRO).

EVEN THRU THE HURT JUST KEEP TELLING YOURSELF YOUR MOM IS STILL WITH YOU IN YOUR HEART AND MEMORIES.

HUGS AND BEST WISHES
    JENNY
  6. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Chris,
    So sorry about your mom. I lost my mom to MALT lymphoma a yr. and a half ago. It hits you like a freight train! My UPS lady was my biggest support. I get a lot of packages since I live in the boonies and order over the internet.

She had lost her mom a yr. before I lost mine. She really was a rock for me. She always took the time to talk to me every time she delivered. You should find that 1 person or friend or group that can help you work through this. It really does take about a yr. to ajust.

Sending my prayer's your way!

kbak
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm really very, very sorry to hear about your Mum.

I lost my Mum early 2007 and I think of her every single day. Take your time to grieve. I wish I had some advice but losing my Mum was beyond anything that's ever happened to me, nothing can prepare you for it.

Take care of yourself.

love
    Rosie

8. jmq

jmq New Member

My heart breaks for you Chris....I too lost my mom, who was my best friend to cancer. Thank God you got to spend that time with her at the end. It is an unbelievably hard loss. There is nothing like a Mom.

I am glad you came back to post with us. Yes, the site looks and feels so different with the new site changes...but the good people are still around. Hope we can some how help you in this difficult time.

Gentle Hugs,
    jmq
  9. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I don't post much, I read a lot and I haven't even been here in a while but still never the less I wanted to say I'm very sorry for your loss.
  10. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

I lost my mom to breast cancer in 1994. I pray that the Lord will give you the strength you need to get through this time.

Phyliss
  11. kblackie55

kblackie55 New Member

i don't write on here too much but i lost my mom to cancer 20 years ago and i know how badly you must feel. i just wanted to give you my condolences.

kerrie
  12. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

To say I am sorry for your loss doesn't even begin to express my deepest sympathy for you. I can only imagine the deep pain in your heart and the emptiness that you must feel. Please take as much time as you need to grieve. There is no time line on that. I'm sure even though you had some idea that it was coming, there is no way you can truly prepare for the great loss you will feel. How blessed are you that you got to spend so much time with her, especially in her most precious days. I'm sure that is something you will forever be thankful for.

Right now, cry as you need to. Remember her with love and laughter. Mothers are the most special people on this earth. I don't know if you're a Mom yourself, but the greatest thing you can do is pass some of the wonderful things you learned about being a Mom from her to our own children. If you're not a Mom, still pass on the wonderful characteristics that she possessed.

You will undoubtedbly face some upcoming tough day, holiday, anniversaries, unexpected moments of great sadness. It's okay to cry yourself through those. I have friend who lost her Mom in 1985 and although yes it definitely becomes much much easier as time goes by, she still cries for her and that's perfectly okay.

I don't know what you believe in, but I believe that your Mom is still with you in your heart. Hold onto that. Talk to her when you need to, whenver you want to. I do believe that she can hear you. The bond between Mothers and their children is that strong.

If you ever just want to talk about your Mom, I for one, would love to hear about her! If you ever just need to talk, we're all here for you.

I know it's hard, but PLEASE try to take care of yourself.It is critical to your health and to your healing.

Many soft hugs to you. May your heart start the hearing process - but don't rush it.

My thoughts are with you.....
    Janalynn