lost or gained weight?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sjogrens, Jan 3, 2006.

1. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Has anyone lost or gained weight with fibro. In the begining I gained alot. Then a couple of years later lost 60 pounds back to my normal weight. Now I stay a few pounds under my normal weight. I never was heavy but when I gained I really gained like I did when I was pregnant. Now I don't try to loose weight. I never feel very hungry any more, but that doesn't really seem to matter whether I eat or not. Oh well just curious.
  2. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

My weight swings up and down a lot, sometimes very quickly -- like 35 lbs either direction within 6 months. Because I am very short and small framed, this means I swing from very skinny to rather quite plump and back again. I hate it.
  3. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I have gained and I can't fit into anything. I don't want to shop for clothes in size so I hope to lose some soon.
    Almost everyone I've talked to have gained weight on Cymbalta. I get the sugar cravings so badly. I've got to stop that at least.
    Angela
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

right now to just above my normal weight. I have lost 35 and I would like to get down about 15 more.

On Oprah a few months back she had a woman that said that if you wear a girdle type undergarmet for 2 months you will go down 2 pant sizes. It does work ladies. I have been trying it for a month and I am down a size.

Don't worry about what other people think about your weight. You know if you are healthy or not. I am comfortable in a size 12 - now in a 14 - some people would hate to be in that size. Everyone has a different size they are comfortable in.

Have a good day
    Kelly
  5. mistress-o-pain

mistress-o-pain New Member

I gained! Argh!
  6. kbak

kbak Member

sj,
    I think just about everyone with fibro battles weight. I'm a person who has all my life gained weight easily. Because of this, I've had to really what my diet to keep the weight off. Of course a lot of the meds that docs give you cause you to gain weight too. It's a battle!

K.
  7. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

Hi there... I gained at the beginning of the journey!! however in the last few months, only after going off Neurontin, and going onto Topomax..I have lost 30lbs..I had heard that neurontin makes you gain weight, but wow, never though I would gain so much ...now I have to maintain it. ...sharon5650 up here in Montreal Canada
  8. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I'm glad you did this post because now I see that I am not the obly one losing here. I have lost over 30 pounds. I am not happy about it though. I have lost all muscle do to the lack of exercise. It is not pretty weight loss. This disease/disorder can't do anything right now can it?
  9. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

I also started topomax (topirimate) and have lost since then? not sure whether that has anything to do with it? perhaps though from what was said in a previous post? I do get a bit concerned though, because i dont get to exercise at all, at the moment stuck in a wheelchair and now lose weight and appetite gradually and simulaneously?
    Shelby
    xxx