LOST (TV series) comments etc.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by llama, Nov 15, 2006.

1. llama

llama New Member

Hi all Losties!!

Well, I guess this is where we'll hang out from now on, posting our astute observations about LOST!!

Even though we have to wait until Feb. 7th for the next episode, in the meantime, one of us may come up with a great new theory. I hope everyone will continue to stop by this Thread even just to say Hello!!

We have to keep in touch and stick together...lol

Talk later............Jill...............
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL, Jill.

What an interesting idea that Ben and Juliet could be siblings. They do look like they could be. It could explain why she's not in such awe of him as everyone else seems to be.

Here is a clip that appeared on youtube:

Could this be what American Express members were seeing? Maybe not, according to what you read. Maybe someone else made it up. Who knows?

Happy viewing!

3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I am gone from the thread only for a bit and I find out a new theory! Ben and Juliet might be siblings? WOW!

That is interesting!

I have been wanting to get on here and share something that is only something that I am wondering. I don't have time to go read around on the internet about the show so I have no idea if anyone else is thinking this too.

My thought is has anyone noticed that the sound that the black cloud makes when it is coming and the "others" intercom system when it first comes on sound similar?

They are not exactly the same sound but very similar. So my thought is that maybe they are controlling the black cloud? I don't know! Just a thought!

Well, got to run!

4. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

Thank you Forebearance for your kind words on the death of my MIL. She seemed to go peacefully. I just knew that my emotions were running high and hoped I wasn't being abrasive with any one.

Yeah, I don't know if I totally go along with the sibling's theory or not. I haven't been online as much recently so I didn't see the clip you pointed out...I'll check it out later.

Kate, I can't say that it has occurred to me before, but the two sounds are similar and I definitely feel that someone is controlling both the smoke and especially the intercom.
    You may be onto something "Watson".

Guess my mind's not focusing too great right now. Still in the midst of helping make funeral arrangements.

Talk with you all later.............Jill..........
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Hello everyone,

I've not been posting much since I went back to work this week. Only two days a week, but it seems like more!

Llama, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. My thoughts are with you.

I like this new sibling theory. Could be true.
  6. llama

llama New Member

Thanks so much for your expression of sympathy regarding my MIL. The family and I appreciate it.

So you're kind of liking this sibling theory? I need to think a little more about what the ramifications would be, if Ben and Juliet are siblings (my mind, obviously, hasn't been on LOST too much over the last week or so).

It might explain their apparent jealousy of each other,"sibling rivalry"...lol

Maybe the man they referred to as Jason in the last episode is their dad (true leader of the Others?).

I'll have to give that some more thought!!....Jill.....
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Oh, man! I completely missed the reference to Jason.

I wonder if I have to watch the last episode AGAIN! lol

8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I also missed that Jason reference. I'm happpy that you guys pick up on that stuff!!

There was another article in The Detroit News about people losing interest in Lost. The ratings are going down. I wonder if this will affect the story line in any way.
  9. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

What Ben meant, when he said, "See Ya on the otherside"?
    Was he refeering , That he knew Jack was going to do something?
    Like did he know that Juliet, was being deceitful.

Or did he think is was his Turn to go whereever it is they go to.

Hope that made sense?

I guess I'll rerun the few shows I did manage to tape, for more clues, lol.
    Hug's, sharonk

Jill, sorry about your MIL's passing, it's Sad for us, as we always Miss them, when they leave this world.
    Gentle Hugs,
  10. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I was over on Youtube, and came across, some very funny Viedos of people performing, and sometimes there are surprises that Some can actually, Entertain you, with some talent.

Have any of you come across some good ones.
    Some can be trashy, but, that's when you use your Mouse and move on, ;o)
  11. llama

llama New Member

Thank you for your expression of sympathy about my MIL. The services were on Sat. and am just relieved that part of it's over. Not to sound selfish, but I'm feeling like I'm beginning to go into a flare after all the mental and physical stress.

Back to LOST....I guess I forgot that statement about "see you on the otherside" that Ben made. I'll have to rewatch that segment. At the moment, I'm not coming up with any good thoughts of what he may have meant by that?

That's why I like having this thread, I think we all miss a phrase here or there, that may end up being a clue for later.

Mollystwin, I hadn't heard that LOST's rating were declining. Maybe when it returns in Feb. for the 16 straight episodes, it will revitalize people's interest in the show. I hate to say this, but maybe this show requires too much thought for a lot of viewers? People are used to having a whole story rapped up in an hour. All the pieces to the puzzle are revealed without much effort from the viewer IMHO!!

Maybe devoted fans, like us, should feel proud that we have the apparent intelligence, curiosity and analytical skills to appreciate a show like this (especially with many of us dealing with Fibro Fog!!)

Thanks for the info....talk later.....Jill......
  12. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Didn't Desmond say this to Jack when we saw them in the bleachers in that flashback? Does anyone remember this? I'm pretty sure he did. This must mean something.

Llama, I agree with you on us die hard fans. All those other people have too short attention spans and just can't take the suspense!!
  13. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I do have the first season taped, I;ll look for that scene, with Desmond and Jack at the Stadium.
    Thanks for the clue.
  14. llama

llama New Member

Hi all!

Haven't been on the board as much lately, so just saw the latest postings about what Desmond said to Jack.

There's actually a website that is entirely devoted to just this sort of "trivia"(repetitious phrases, events, objects etc.). I highly recommend checking it out, you really forget how often just about everything is repeated.

To me it just adds another layer of mystique to the show. It really makes you more aware that almost every scene makes references to past episodes and is often foreshadowing to the future shows.

It's www.lost-repetitions.com/reps-dialog.htm

The actual quote that Desmond says to Jack when they happen to meet at the stadium is "See you in another life yeah?"

I believe he says the same thing to Locke, when he bails out of the hatch (thinking his relief had finally come and he was free to leave the button pushing to someone else).

Depending on your belief system "another life or the other side" can certainly be one in the same.

Hope you'll take the time and check out that website...

"See you in another post, yeah"...lol.......Jill
  15. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Thank you for the website, I'll check it out, I was just thinking about that this am, about, if there were some "catch pharse's" ,

You know when you watch a Movie, over and over, one that you like, that you catch stuff you missed the first time, I think it's the same with this SHow, only you need to watch it a little more,

I went over to check it out very Interesting, gives you some more possibilities, either they are all Crazy or they are waiting to Cross Over,

I bookmarked it for later reading,
    [This Message was Edited on 11/21/2006]
  16. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

That was it! See you in another life. I remember now! It's almost the same but just a bit different. It will be interesting to find out what the phrases and others mean.

I'm going to check yout that website on another day. Whenever I do stuff like that I end up spending over an hour, and I dont' have time today.

"See you in another post!" too funny!!!!

17. llama

llama New Member

Hi everybody,

Glad you both plan on checking out the repetitions website. I know what you mean about how you can really eat up some major time on the computer. You think, well, I'll just read this for a few minutes and pretty soon an hour has passed!!

Well, so far the three of us are getting to be ole faithful LOST buddies....thanks, I enjoy the thought provoking angles that you guys provide.

Do both of you enjoy reading mysteries? I do, but not when too much violence is involved.

18. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

My fav's are WHo Done It's, lol,

I usually figure them out long before I get to the ending, but it's fun, and it keeps the mind active.

I have a lot of Dean Koontz, some Stepen King's, too,

I love a good Movie too, where it takes me a long time to figue it out, who did it, and how.

Have you watched, Mindhunters", it's really a good one, keeps you on your Toes, a little messy in places, but it's a Movie with a Twist at the End.

What are some of Your Favorite, Movies,?

19. llama

llama New Member

Sorry I haven't replied sooner to your post about liking to read "Who done its?" I enjoy reading them too. I'm often ashamed at how pathetic my analytical skills are.

For some reason, I'm hooked on Amanda Quick's Victorian era (light) mysteries. Apparently, that time period is fascinating to me and I enjoy her books purely as pleasure reading.

I also like Laurie King's Sherlock Holmes mysteries, again it doesn't have the sensationalistic qualities of a lot of contemporary mysteries...but my "delicate" sensibilities cannot take too much stimulation...lol. Seriously, since I was a child could never watch or read overly violent or very suspenseful material...sensory overload that leads to nightmares.

Mindhunters, is this TV or movie? I do love a twist at the end.
    I guess for the time being, with LOST being on "hiatus" and people busy with holidays and all, not many posts coming in. I've continued to sporadically visit some of the websites where theories are posted, so at least still getting an occasional LOST "fix".

Talk later............Jill........
  20. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Sorry I missed this reply, been in a fog for a few days, lol.

Mindhunters is a Movie, very supsenesful, clean and if you do see it, let me know when you figured out who/what is the Killer.
    I'll send ya a Box of Cyber Candy, if you get it b4 the ending. ;o)

I am so Bored with TV now, waaa, Tues and Wed, have Lost my Interest, for now,

Feb really won't be that far away if ya don't think about it, seems like Months just fly by these days.

Does anyone, watch Nashville Star, ? I love that show, I have picked the winner everytime so far,
    DH & I bet on them. lol

Gotta go, need some Coffee,

Yak at you soon,