LOST (TV series) Week 10 "TORCH LIGHT IS LIT"... (CLOSED).

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by llama, Feb 28, 2007.

1. llama

llama New Member

Hey Losties!!

Here we are...another Wednesday, and that means Lost is on.

Hope this episode is better than last weeks...seems like a lot of us were a little disgruntled about the last episode?!

I'll post later...hope a lot of you will.......Jill........
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2007]
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Not sure I can stay up. If I dont' watch tonight, I have to wait until the weekend to watch the tape. So I won't be checking on this post till after I watch!

Knowing me, I'll stay up and watch anyway!!!!
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Oh 4everkid, that was so funny!

Here are my thoughts about "Lost" so far:

I can't believe Desmond used predestination as a reason to break up with his girlfriend. That's a first! I felt sorry for him, though.

I can't believe the writers would kill off Charlie! Noooooo!

What creeps me out about the Others is their sense of moral superiority. They act like any dastardly thing they do is justified. Either they're a cult or they think they're saving the world.

And the way they punished Juliet just solidifies my feelings that they are a cult. How weird was that brand?

And here's my latest question about the Others. How is it that they managed to 'brainwash' the Tailies so quickly, and yet Alex grew up with them and somehow managed to maintain a sense of moral clarity????

What did they tell the Tailies to make them so compliant???

What made Alex become such a rebel, and why do the Others put up with her behavior???

And why would the Dharma initiative have left Roger in his van? Why didn't they look for him and bury him? It starts to hint that perhaps their experiment was suddenly interrupted, which seems ominous.

Did anyone else notice Tom saying that ever since the sky turned purple, the Others haven't been able to communicate with the mainland?
    That was a few episodes ago.

4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Okay, I just read the thread about last week's episode.

I believe the crowd gathered by Jack's cage had come to watch Juliet's trial. (And maybe her punishment, as 4everkid suggested.)

I agree, TwinMa, that the actor who plays Jack isn't that great of an actor. But then his character is such a cliche that he doesn't have much to work with.

It would be fine with me, 4everkid, if we don't see Jack for a while!

4everkid, I think that what Jack meant was that his tatoo has a special meaning to him, personally, that has nothing to do with what it "says". I think it reminds him of Ashara, and that time in his life, etc.

Perhaps Ben didn't realize he needed a surgeon until some time after the plane had crashed and Ethan was dead.

Who did Charlie kill again?

5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

And I was glad I did. I liked this episode. I missed my old friends. Except we didn't get to see Rose and Bernard. I wonder if they will ever be back on again. I really like them.

And did you notice the Shambala song was playing when Hurley was little and he was getting ready to fix the car with his dad?

Do you think they are really going to have Charlie killed? I heard a rumor last fall that he would be next to go. I hope not!!!

That beer must have tasted so gross!!!! All that time in the hot jungle! Hubbie and I laughed about that.[This Message was Edited on 03/01/2007]
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hey, 4everkid,

Oh of course! The incident! That is a great idea about what may have happened to Roger. Yeah, he must have died around the time the "incident" happened, and before the orientation movie was made. It does fit.

The creepy woman in the antique store was part of Desmond's flashback, so therefore she was created by Desmond's subconscious. So she only knows what his subconscious knows. All it tells us is that Desmond's subconscious believed he was saving the world. How do you like that idea? :)

I like your ideas about Alex not needing to be brainwashed, and possibly being valuable in some way to them.

I love your theory that the "incident" made the Others sterile! lol

So far, the Others we've seen haven't even known about the Station of the Swan (isn't that what the Hatch was called?). And Juliet seems to have arrived on the island after 1980, since she had fashionable clothes and CDs. How would those things fit in with your theory?

Thanks for reminding me who Charlie killed.

That would be so cool if Hurley and Charlie both changed their fate. It would be kind of a moral message, wouldn't it?

Mollystwin, I didn't notice that the Shambala song was playing in Hurley's childhood! Cool!

I miss Rose and Bernard, too. I wonder how they're doing.

I have to watch the episode again. I usually have to watch each one twice to catch everything.

To the person who posted about the top ten list on Letterman: thanks! I watched the youtube video and it was funny. My favorite sign you're addicted to Lost is that you perform an all-kitty reenactment of the show in your basement afterwards! lol

Another big question I have right now is: they have hinted that the beach dwellers are running out of Dharma initiative food. If the hatch is gone, will the food deliveries continue? Or is it back to fish and mangos for the castaways?

[This Message was Edited on 03/02/2007]
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Great thoughts! It makes sense that Charlie cheated fate. That is what the episode was about, so I hope it's true.

If Juliet arrived after the "incident" wouldn't she be fertile? Can't wait to see what how that story line gets explained.

It looks like next week we may find out something about the eyepatch man. Wonder what his story is.
  8. llama

llama New Member

Hey Everybody,

This week's episode IMHO was one of the best ever. Well, I'll clarify that, the best in terms of "people acting like real people!" It was a welcome relief to see some true happiness and fun even if only for a few minutes. I hope that Hurley and Charlie, somehow have changed their luck/destiny.

I too have been wondering since the hatch imploded if the food drops would continue. Seemed like a little foreshadowing that they displayed a variety of foods...but not really a large quantity considering the amount of people there are to feed. Fish and mangoes would get old fast!!

I was glad to see Danielle getting back in the story...even though she's definitely a little psychotic, I believe that she holds the key to a lot of the mysteries. She's got to be motivated to help if she thinks she could reclaim her daughter.

I don't have any profound insights..a lot of good points have all ready been made about this episode. I was glad to see Vincent, however, it always seems that death/mayhem follow his appearance??

I'm also anxious to finally get to know more about the "patch guy."

I'm kind of foggy this week...hope we get more posts that bring up some more food for thought!

Take Care.........Jill................
  9. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

Well, we're quickly edging toward Wednesday!!

From the previews, it looks like a very action packed episode...I hope with some revelations to go along with the action.

Hope to hear from our "dwindling" group of Losties??

Take Care..........Jill................
  10. llama

llama New Member

Hi s-elaine,

Can't you set your VCR and watch it at a more convenient time?

Also, if you go to ABC's website, you can view any episodes that you've missed. They also have a summary of every show.

Hey...I'm trying!! I want as many Lost fans as possible. Come back and post...we have a nice little group of regulars that IMHO come up with some pretty brilliant theories!

Take Care............Jill..............
  11. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Oh wow, 4everkid, you think Desmond actually traveled back in time? Interesting!

I agree, Jill, that it was a great episode! Now on to the next thread.