LOST (TV series) Week 12 "TORCH LIGHT IS LIT"....(CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by llama, Mar 14, 2007.

1. llama

llama New Member

Well, here's are favorite night of the week..lol IMHO!

Hope we get to see a great episode!

Everyone please post...sometimes the smallest observations lead to the biggest clues??

Take Care............Jill.................
    [This Message was Edited on 03/21/2007]
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'll wait to post until everyone has watched.

Can I place a request that NO spoilers be posted? I want to find out things as they unfold. Speculation and theories are great and encouraged, but if you've read an actual spoiler on another site, please wait to post on it until the episode has aired. Thanks.
  3. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

I do go to a lot of Lost websites and like to read what other people are thinking/speculating about. I really don't want to read "spoilers."

I hope I've never inadvertently did that..the rumor about Jack and Claire being half-siblings has been circulating everywhere, all the way back to last season.

I don't know how or why that was such a major leak. Most sites, demand that you label such posts "contains spoilers."

I also thought this episode was very good. Hope to hear from you later.......Jill.............
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2007]
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I'll wait until everyone sees it to post. This was a great episode IMO. I didn't think the Jack/Claire thing was a "spoiler". I thought I remembered Jack's father visiting what we thought was Claire's house.

Lots of stuff to talk about. I'll check back later.
  5. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

I agree with 4everkid that if you haven't gotten a chance to watch the episode then you might not want to read the posts...unless you like spoilers!!

The reason that I always say that I'll be back later is b/c I'm EST and want to wait at least 3 hrs. until PST has gotten a chance to view the show.

WEll...here's the bell, whistle, strobe light etc.

Please start posting. From now on (not to sound bossy) let's just post when we want...and people can check out the posts when they want. I guess this all could have been resolved earlier..lol

Take Care..............Jill...............
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I don't have time to post much cause I have to go to work. But here are a few thoughts.

What is going on with Locke? He killed that guy because he was afraid he'd tell about being in a wheelchair? That was very graphic and gross and really surprised me! Is he going to be a different sort of man than we thought he was? I guess we'll find out more next week.

And Jack is playing football with the others and having a great time!! I think we'll find out more about that next week too. What a shock for them to see that after risking thier lives to come rescue him! And Claire is his sister, which we had suspected. I wonder how that will play into the story line. Will they ever discover this about each other?

And the French woman is mysterous as ever. Doesn't ask any questions about her daughter. The fact that this was brought up and discussed must be significant in some way as the writers say everything is significant.

I didn't hear everything the one eyed man said about why Sayid, Locke and (geeze, can't remember her name right now-brain fog!) are not on the list except they were flawed. Did he look at each one and give a reason? I wish I could tape! Gonna have to work on that.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!
  7. TKE

TKE New Member

OK my first time posting on this subject, but I do watch & try to figure this all out....a few thoughts...

Locke...hummm wondering if he's the "head guy"??? & that's why he pushed the one-eyed guy thru the fence?? so Kate & Sayid wouldn't learn who he was right then. Seems I remember (yeah right, LOL) that the one-eyed guy made some suggestion that Locke wasn't who he thought he was? Strange that Locke had C4 in his back pack & had told Sayid he didn't know the building was wired with it before he pushed the button & blew it up. Also how'd he manage to get past the computer game when the one-eyed guy couldn't? Leading more towards Locke knew a secret code?

Claire didn't know her fathers name, she told him she didn't want to know it & walked away. So unless Jack shows her a picture of him she may never know they're related.

Do those birds really migrate or are they also stuck there? Will the Others get the message they tied to the birds leg or will the bird actually migrate & some one else far off will find it?

Daniell told Kate that if this girl was her daughter she wouldn't know her, as she'd been taken 16 years ago & would be a complete stranger to her. That's why she wasn't overly excited to find her.

Desmond saved Charlie again...how many more times can he save him?

Also wondering about Michale & Walt...did they really get back to civalization? Remember Desmond had been trying to sail away from the island for a long time & couldn't?

Due to brain fog I forget the rest, LOL.

I sure hope before they decide to finally end this show (another season or two?) we find out all the answers.

8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Welcome Toy! It's great to have another person to share ideas with!! We lost a couple of posters somewhere along the way.

Maybe Locke blew up the building on purpose because it was a link to the outside, and he wants to stay on the island where he can walk. I don't want Locke to be a bad guy either. I hope he isn't. I can't wait for next week's backstory on him.

4everkid, your spit ball comment cracked me up!! How is it possible that it will stay dry!!!

And the Aaron baby theory sounds very interesting. Charlie did indeed come close to death many times and pulled through. I wonder how may more times he can be saved.

There is a website that posts odds on who will die next. I haven't looked at it, but people from work were talking about it. I don't want to know or even speculate on that.

OK twinma! Have you watcedh it yet? And what are your thoughts?

You too Twinofdar. We need more thought provoking comments and ideas.

9. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

Well as so often is the case, this episode left me with more questions than answers.

There have been a number of references as to a "list" of the good people and those that were deemed flawed were not on it. Ben (while being held in the Swan hatch) tells Locke that he's one of the good people and that he had come there to take Locke.(Sorry if I don't site what specific episode, and also I'm paraphrasing..I don't have the energy to do all of that!)

Ben also in that same episode goes on to say that the bearded man (Tom) is not the leader. He says that the leader is a brilliant man...etc. but an unforgiving man if a mission you're assigned is a failure.

Mikhail, also says he was brought to the island by a brilliant man (he says it almost reverently,ie; cult-like).
    He also says that they are all flawed (Kate, Sayid etc.). So is Locke a good person or a flawed person?..since now he's been labeled both.

I also thought that Mikhail and Locke looked at each other with a particular animosity and familiarity.

I was puzzled when Locke pushed Mikhail past the pylons and of course Mikhail knew he would die within seconds..he said Thank you. I'm wondering if this is b/c he "failed" his mission and would probably be killed by the leader? Another question...when Mikhail shot Ms Klue he said "I'm sorry" it seemed to imply that they had a homocide/suicide pact and he wasn't going to carry out his part of the pact. But then later he seems relieved that he was going to die? What changed his attitude?

Good point about the fortune teller insisting that Claire's baby be raised only by HER. Seems like Charlie is repeatedly putting himself in harms way. Apparently he's not getting the connection that every time he would supposedly have been killed it was attempting to save Claire.

I'm glad though,that Desmond told Claire...I hated that she was thinking Charlie was being an a$$. Of course with this knowledge, it seems to have deepened her feelings for him and that could indeed be deadly for Charlie!

I don't think that Jack has switched teams..lol. He has his own agenda and I think it will be a duel of wills..who can outsmart whom, the others or Jack? I think Juliet is in the same situation, she has to go along with the other's plans or be punished/killed but if given the slightest chance to flee she would.

One last comment (if you all are still awake??) I'm very curious now that we know that Jack and Claire are 1/2 siblings, how that relationship will be acknowledged by the writers? Since Claire doesn't even know her father's name, and Jack probably doesn't know about his father's fling that produced Claire? I guess we'll see!

I lied, one last comment...I'm always interested in what book Sawyer is reading. If you didn't catch it, it was Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, pretty lofty reading for a "redneck!" The defining theme of this book is "mans ego is the fountainhead of human progress." I don't know exactly how that fits...except that there are a lot of "egos" competing for dominance on the island.

Well, that's all I have to say for now. Hope more posts show up..I really enjoy the details that other people notice and analyze, that totally went over my head!

Take Care..........Jill..............
  10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Wow! Claire is Jack's half sister! I was surprised by that.

It seems like lately Locke is acting like he's not a team player. He keeps making decisions and acting on them without consulting anyone else. But maybe he's always been that way and I just forgot. He always seems to have his own agenda.

I wonder if he planned on blowing up something in Otherville??

I recognized the bird. It was an albatross, and they do migrate incredibly long distances, all over the South Pacific. But what if this particular one goes to Antarctica next? argh!

But wouldn't it be cool if Claire's little idea ends up being the thing that saves everyone in the end? There are so many dead ends on this show, though, that who knows.

I was sad that Claire was also responsible for someone's death. I hadn't made that connection between the crash survivors, that they had all killed someone. Or at least, that all the people on the "bad" list had.

I know! The Others think they're Santa Claus and are keeping track of who's naughty and who's nice. lol

Do you think that Desmond was actually shooting at a boar, or was he faking it?

I was bummed that Charlie and Claire didn't get to have their picnic.

The ending was a shocker! A chill went down my spine. It's just so incongruous.

11. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Remember when Jack used to hallucinate (or maybe it wasn't a hallucination) and see his dad? Maybe the body came to life LOL. I doubt that. But maybe he and Claire will "see" him at the same time and figure out that they are brother/sister.

Or maybe 4everkid is right and they find out from the others. They would definatly know because they know everything. The writers must have a reason for the relation. Maybe that will keep Jack on the island. The fact that he has a sis there too.

I was thinking about that bird thing. Claire, Sun and Jin went to great lenghts to try to capture a bird because it's a pretty hard thing to do. But yet when Desmond found the bird, he just picked it up and handed it to Claire. Not much fuss from the bird then or when Claire was handling it when she and Charlie put the note on it. I think any wild bird would not have been so docile!! Strange!
  12. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I hope you all don't mind if I join in and don't know how often I can check in but a few thoughts I'm surprised no one else has had....

For some time now I've speculated about cloning and the perfect race which could explain all the experiments. I, too, was shocked about the Jack/Claire thing.

Something to think about...my first thought seeing Jack at the end playing football was that he is a clone of the real Jack. The only thing I'm not sure of is where the DNA came from and how they could be the same age.

Also, when Claire was pregnant remember they stuck her with a hypodermic needle. What if her baby is another clone of someone there and also the Chinese lady's baby?

My daughter and I love to speculate about things after the show. The clone thing is the only thing that makes sense to me or possibley time travel. Any thoughts?
  13. llama

llama New Member

Welcome to our little weekly discussion group. We invite anybody to join in with what their observations, theories etc. are.

Haven't really personally thought about the cloning angle. However, after 2 1/2 seasons, I certainly don't discount any suggestion of what might be going on, on that mysterious island.

Feel free to post whenever...

Take Care.............Jill................
  14. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I hope I didn’t come across too snippy earlier. I just really don’t like reading what is going to happen before it happens, ya know! And llama, you have never given away any kind of spoiler. You’re a very good thread host! I’ve actually only seen the one spoiler here, and I don’t think she did it intentionally. I love reading this thread, and I think you are all brilliant! There, did I redeem myself?

Everyone has had really good observations. Lots of good theories. I watched this episode a 2nd time to see what else I could catch.

Why did Desmond try to get Charlie away from the picnic with Claire? Desmond said that hunting with him might be Charlie’s best option. Was this yet another life-saving effort? I know Desmond got the bird so Charlie wouldn’t fall in amonst the rocks and break his neck, but what was going to happen at the picnic? Food Poisoning? Or was the picnic going to lead to the bird hunt?

What’s up with Claire’s black hair? Yuck! Not flattering! I have noticed that when they do flashbacks, many times they give the person a different hairstyle. I guess that’s so you are clear that it’s a flashback. Maybe she was into a rebellious Goth kind of thing for a time. After all, she was working at an ear piercing/tattoo parlor. That brings me to: Claire was working at a tattoo parlor! Since we now know that Claire and Jack are brother and sister (big shock! Not! Okay, that’s the last of my snarky spoiler comments), is there some link between Jack’s tattoos and Claire’s tattoo parlor? I paused and tried to see if any of the tattoos on display looked like Jack’s, but it didn’t look like it. Kind of a coincidence, though.

Also, did anyone else see Jack’s arm in the last scene? When he was spiking the football? It looked like he had a new tattoo on the underside of his left arm! It had a kind of reddish color, but I couldn’t make it out. I put the tape on slow motion, but still couldn’t get a real good look at it. Did the Others give him a new tattoo? Maybe it’s like another poster suggested, and he’s a clone! Or maybe it’s a mark like Juliet got.

One more link is that Jack is now UNCLE Jack to Aaron.

Why isn’t Sun showing yet? How far along is she anyway? She’s still just a toothpick.

Is there some link with Bondi Beach? I saw that on the T-shirt that Claire was laying Aaron on. It had “Bondi Beach” and the Australian flag on it. I googled it, and it’s a famous beach in Australia. Mean anything to anyone?

Do we know how Mikhail lost his eye? Why couldn’t the island heal him?

John Locke is quite the bonehead. I know lots of people like him, but I’m pretty tired of him acting without thinking or talking to other people. He has just done one bonehead thing after another. Boone would probably still be alive if it weren’t for John acting impulsively. Pushing Mikhail into the security perimeter was just plain weird. What was he thinking! And then all he has to say is “Sorry” and walks off. Sheesh!

The note on the bird was too funny. I love 4everkid’s comments about needing a baggie, and it becoming a spitball. Too true! And that was one big honkin’ tag on that bird. Was it flying lopsided? And why didn’t Claire write down anyone’s names? She practically wrote a novel on that teeny little piece of paper, but she didn’t bother to sign it!

Okay, that’s all for now.

15. llama

llama New Member

Well, I think you've more than redeemed yourself...you really didn't have to apologize at all. I think that now that this thread is becoming a regular weekly activity for some of us...we realized that we needed to a have a few friendly rules!

So, the post whenever you want to rule and the no spoiler rule, if anybody has anything else that's been irritating them, spit it out now..lol!

Thanks for the unnecessary compliment of being a good thread host and to think I've actually had no training!

Back to Lost...I liked the connection of Jack's tattoos and that Claire worked in a tattoo parlor.

Sun I guess should only be maybe 2 to 3 months pregnant? Island time is like around 80 to 90 days since the crash. If the island "cured" Jin, then she conceived on the island. But if the pregnancy resulted from her affair, who knows??

I agree about Locke being a bonehead. He used to have such a nice serene, peaceful look on his face. Like he was a wise and fair man. Now he looks cynical and aggressive, IMHO. He just steamrolls ahead and makes some pretty monumental decisions on the spur of the moment. He sure has had to say "I'm sorry" a heck of lot lately..lol

Well as 4everkid, I believe, pointed out he's killed a man, so he joins the growing rank of island murderers. (What are the odds that a group of that size having that many members who have killed someone??).

In a sense, I feel he "sacrificed for the island" Boone, so another quasi-murder. Now with Locke's flashback story next episode...who knows what other malfeasance might be revealed? Believe me..no spoiler...I have no idea what's going to happen..haha.

Thanks for the post, Take Care..........Jill..............
  16. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

Oddly enough, I think Locke is my favorite character! He's very smart and mysterious. You never seem to know if he's good or bad. I venture to guess that he's with the "others" and maybe doesn't know it?

I think the reason Desmond didn't want Charlie having the picnic with Claire is because they would've gone for a walk, Claire would have slipped in and then Charlie fallen in to save her. He would have drowned. I wonder how many times Desmond will save him?

That's funny with Jack being Aaron's Uncle! So many little things to think about and yet I like to try and figure out the big picture.
  17. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thanks for clearing up that tattoo issue. I thought I was hallucinating! I wonder if the producers leave stuff like that in on purpose to get people talking (even more), or if it was just a goof.

I forgot about that box they found! I remember the bible, but I didn't remember that there was a glass eyeball in there. Back then I didn't have anyone to talk to about Lost, so I didn't "ponder" on it as much as I do now. Thanks goodness for all you guys!

Charlie, that stinker! I completely missed him palming the note. You just know that Claire will find the note. Unless he actually thinks to burn it. I suspect you are right that he doesn't want to go back to the "real" world. He did keep telling her he didn't want her to get her hopes up with the whole bird rescue idea. I laughed that he said he didn't want her to waste her time. What else do they have to do!!

I'll have to check out that Easter egg site. Sounds fun. Is that at Lost.com?

You definitely aren't hogging space on this thread. I love hearing your thoughts. AND everyone else's!
  18. llama

llama New Member

Your post about Charlie palming the "distress call" note just blew me away!!

I had NO idea that happened. And a couple of us even mentioned how we thought it was stupid of them not to have put it in a plastic bag..lol!!

I have the easter egg site bookmarked, but haven't gone there in awhile. It's amazing the things you miss..but of course the writers are counting on that. No way can anyone absorb every bit of visual/audio etc. info that's coming at them that quick (especially with just one viewing of an episode).

Please don't ever think that you're "hogging" the thread, there's no such thing! I personally value every opinion, observation etc. that anyone has to offer.

Great catch...can't wait to tell my hubby..I know he sure didn't suspect anything. He said before I did about putting the note in a plastic bag.

Take Care...........Jill.............
  19. llama

llama New Member

I think we had some really great, insightful posts on this episode.

Hope everyone will join in the discussions/comments on tonight's episode.

Don't forget the new "friendly" rules: you can post anytime you darn well please....and please refrain from "spoiler" information.

Take Care...Happy Viewing........Jill............