LOST (TV series) Week 9 (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by llama, Feb 21, 2007.

1. llama

llama New Member

Hey Losties!

Here we are at week 9's installment of "confusion?!"

Only kidding...hope we get some answers or some pretty dam good clues!!

Post later.......after we've all viewed the show.

Take Care.........Jill.............
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2007]
  2. llama

llama New Member

Hi everybody,

I'm truly puzzled as to how I feel about this latest show. My gut reaction is...SO??

I really wasn't overwhelmed by Jack's flashbacks...maybe I just missed something. The woman he was with (can't spell her name) supposedly had a "gift"...she sounded like a second rate fortune teller to me. I thought at first she was a hooker...maybe she would've been better at that..lol.

Saying "you are a leader, a great man, but you don't belong" (something along those lines??). How generic is that?? And then he gets all vehement and demands that it be tatooed on him?? Why?

I didn't understand the part about when the crowd was gathering by Jack's cage...what had they come to watch?

I think Kate and Sawyer are both acting strange. I can see that Kate would feel guilty about leaving Jack, but she's not acting rationally...why would they return, with no weapons etc.? Surely they would just get recaptured.

I guess Sawyer is "jealous" that Kate is acting so angry about leaving Jack behind? Even if she didn't have feelings for Jack (which I think she does) you still would expect the average person to feel guilty about leaving someone behind to an uncertain fate.

So apparently Nathan was a surgeon? If he was so valuable, why did Ben send him like some sort of "thug" to investigate after they witnessed the plane crashing? You'd think he'd have sent someone more expendable.

What'd you all think about the "sheriff"...bizarre. So she wasn't aware that Juliet had killed Danny? It was like she needed to be briefed on the situation.

Wonder what the ramifications of Juliet being "marked" are?
    Will she be ostracized from the group...if so, why should she care?? She wants off the island so why would she care if they shunned her?

Maybe I should have waited until tomorrow to post. I feel like I'm just rambling and just overall disappointed with the episode. Maybe I need to mull over it some more???

What are all you thinking??

Take care..........Jill.............
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I am as confused as you are. This episode was supposed to answer three big questions. Everytime a question gets answered, it raises a million more!

At least we know where the kidnapped folks went. They are "better off". Really? And I have the same question, what are they watching and why.

Totally missed that Nathan was a surgeon! Major brain fog this week!

I didn't understand the oriental woman either. That was supposed to answer a question about the significance of Jack's tatoos. Just raised more questions in my mind. And I don't get the marking of Juliet either.

The sheriff was very strange. And another new character. They should just concentrate on the ones they have already!

I heard that Cheech Marin was going to guest star in a flash back I think. Anyone else hear that rumor?

Can't wait to hear other's responses to this episode.
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I didn't like this episode at all. I just didn't care about what was happening.

Jack's flashback seemed pointless except to explain the tattoos. And to inject a bit of sex. So, did this whole Thai episode happen AFTER Jack's marriage failed? Was he there because he was grieving the loss of Sarah? I didn't like the acting by "Jack" either. He seemed very wooden to me (NOT a comment on the sex scene - Tee Hee). The actor seemed like he was just going through the motions (Again, not a comment on the sex scene, LOL).

Llama, I agree that they should not have sent Ethan to do a thug job. Why not send Tom or Danny? They seem quite trusted by Ben. And, didn't they already know that Ben had cancer when the plane crashed? I remember a scene where the Others were looking up at the sky and saw Flight 815 fly overhead just before the crash. Then Ben sent Ethan and Goodwin (the guy Ana Lucia ended up spearing) to spy. In a previous show, Ben made a comment to Jack saying something like "We needed a surgeon, and one fell out of the sky." So if they already knew Ben had cancer, they would have known they needed Ethan. Maybe Ethan was a doctor, but not a surgeon. Or maybe he was just a crummy doctor. Expendable.

I've got some more comments, but I have to go to work. I'll try to post more from there.

[This Message was Edited on 02/22/2007]
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Why the heck was Jack flying a kite in Thailand anyway? When Sarah broke up with him, did she tell him to "Go fly a kite!" And he took her literally?! It's just a weird image to have a brilliant surgeon on the beach in Thailand flying a kite! Okay, enough on that rant.

I think the Lost producers had a mini Brady Bunch tribute last night. There was the obvious one where Sawyer went up to Karl and punched him and when Karl whined about it, Sawyer said something about "Okay, Bobby" "You know, Bobby, the Brady Bunch?"

Then there was the little girl, Cindy. Bobby & Cindy, both Brady Bunch names. Did you see the little teddy bear that they were dragging around last season? There it was again last night.

Why would getting a tattoo from Achara have consequences? Were the consequences that her brother would beat him up?

Here's the one that really got me last night. When Tom told Jack they were moving him and Jack said if they were going to kill him to just let him know. Then Tom said what kind of people do you think we are anyway? And Jack started rattling off all the awful things the Others had done--taking a pregnant woman, hanging Charlie from a tree, kidnapping children.

Then Tom says: "You see this glass house you're living in, Jack?" Tom says. "How about I get you some stones?"

What does that mean? Do the Others think the people from the crash have done some terrible things? Well, I guess they have, but Tom sounded indignant, like it was the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe the Others have been told things about the crash people that aren't true. Any thoughts?
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I think the teddy bear definatly has some sort of significance. They made sure we saw it last season when they were walking through the jungle. Wonder what?

And the tatoo thing. I'll just bet there is more consequence than getting beaten up.

And the glass house thing. Pretty weird. Maybe they do think that the plane survivors have done bad things. Or maybe he was referring to what Jack did to Ben during surgery?

I hope next week is a better show!
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

4everkid - Very good theories!

I hadn't thought about the fact that so many of them had killed people--many since they came to the island.

What about Michael? He killed Anna Lucia and Libbie. I wonder if he is or WAS on the list. Are he and Walt off the show for good?

Would Locke be on the list? He was very indirectly responsible for Boone's death. He didn't tell Jack the real way that Boone had been hurt. Not that it would have made any difference. I think Boone was a goner anyway.

I like the whole idea of The Others dressing all icky to do the capturing, and then the spiffed up Others do the rescuing. Interesting!

I had another thought about last week's episode (the Desmond flashback episode). You know how Desmond keeps hearing the Mamas & the Papas song "Make Your Own Kind of Music"? Well, I looked up the lyrics. They are:

Nobody can tell ya,
    There's only one song worth singin',
    They may try and sell ya,
    As it hangs them up to see
    someone like you

But you've gotta make your own kind of music
    Sing your own special song
    Make your own kind of music, even if nobody else sings along.

Maybe Desmond of supposed to make his own destiny--make his OWN kind of music. Even though lots of other signs and people are telling him to go a different direction. Those directions are always toward the island and away from Penny. He loves her so much, but wants to do the "RIGHT" thing. SING YOUR OWN SPECIAL SONG DESMOND!

8. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

like everyone else didn't care for this episode. I feel like I stayed up late for nothing. I didn't understand the whole tattoo thing and my daughter had looked it up a long time ago because she likes Jack. She did a search under his real name for his tatoo and it means something to do with eagles, (brain fog, I forget). So, I'm wondering if they're going to change the meaning for the show in which case some people would know they were making it up. That seems weird.
  9. llama

llama New Member

Hey Losties,

I was just checking out a site that features "Lost Theories", a poster mentioned that he saw some previews for upcoming episodes and saw the guy with the eye patch.

He said it was a preview with Locke and Kate and a third person?(I think Sayid) out in a pasture like area with some grazing cows. When he zoomed in to see a possible 4th person in the distance it was "patchy." Hope I'm not exposing any spoilers...this was on a_theory_ site, so take it for what it's worth.

Also in this same scene, there was a building being blown up?....I sure haven't seen any preview like this, has anyone else?

If anyone is interested the site is: ABC.com/Losttheories.
    Also mentioned something you could view on youtube.com, I couldn't find it though.

One more thing, on youtube.com you can see Hurley on David Letterman's show doing the Top Ten List...the topic is the "Top Ten reasons you know you're obsessed with Lost". It's really funny, IMHO.

Take Care...hope this week's episode is better than last weeks..lol............Jill.................
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2007]