Lost weight and still feel bad... Why

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PBandJ, Mar 24, 2009.

1. PBandJ

PBandJ New Member

Hi all,
    I have lost over 30 pounds. Have a BMI of 23. Exercise more and am really trying to eat better.

Physically I am in the best shape of my life at 44. My question is why do I still feel as bad as I did 30 pounds heavier and a couch potato? I still have the aches and pains and headaches.

The meds the dr has prescribed all seem to make me so sleepy I cant work.

I take a good multi vitamin. Get at least 8 hrs of sleep and go outside everyday. Drink at least 3 quarts of water a day. Most days 4 quarts. No sodas. No artificial sweetners. Lots of greens and veggies and fruits. More fiber too. Yoga for stretching. I work at the hospital. I lift cases of fluids, squat, bend, reach, and walk miles a day.

Can anyone give me any help? I am home today with a migraine. They are muscle stress related. The pain starts in my hip, moves to my shoulder then on to my head and results in a migraine. I take relpax which helps, but I NEED some sort of relief!!! I wear very supportive shoes with orthodics. My feet and legs dont hurt.

I do have hypothyroidism and am on synthroid.

When I talk to my MD he wants to try another pill, or pop a shot. I need to get to the root of the problem, not just cover up the symptoms.

I hope someone can help!!
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

sounds to me like you are overdoing it.
    lifting cases, squat,bend reach walk. Do you have fibro? if so sounds like your body is telling you slow down too much.