Lost...what Rose said tonight, we all know...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Apr 12, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

In the last few minutes of tonights episode of Lost Rose was explaining to her husband that the faith healer he took her to didn't actual heal her.

Something she said hit me in the heart because I know we all feel this too.

Rose said:
    "When you're sick, and you have got something inside you that you know doesn't belong there, you can feel it."

Although her character is fictional those words ring so true for me and I know they do for you guys too.

She then goes on to say..."And after the crash, I couldn't feel it anymore. At first I thought it was just shock! But it wasn't...it's this place..."

She then tells her husband that the reason she told him that the faith healer "healed" her was so that he wouldn't spend what time they had left trying to "do" (which meant fix her).

It hit me so hard because it's true when you are sick you know it, you feel it inside and you know it doesn't belong there no matter what anyone says or tries to do. It also hit me because for as long as I have been sick my husband has tried to "do" for me, "fix" me.

I want "that place"...

kate
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi hon,

Just wanted you to know that I have been thinking of you, and praying for you. My longtime friend, Diane and I have an early morning phone-call time where we share our on-going stories, strengthen our faith together.

Just wanted you to know that we prayed for you twice recently. You have been so much on my heart and mind!

Sending lots of love your way!!!
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

It is so good to hear from you!!!! I have been on and off the boards but back for a few days and I am glad to run into you!

I have been praying for you too, seriously! How is your insurance thing going? I have been praying for them to cover your therapy for the PTSD. If I got any of the details wrong I apologize but God probably knew what I meant when I was talking to him.

Thank you for your prayers! I guess I am feeling a little depressed tonight. My husband went on another business trip but we are doing okay. I am feeling pretty bad but I am pushing through, don't know how but I am!

Well it is because my sweet little boy has been smiling and talking so that keeps me going no matter how bad I feel.

He does this cute little smile where he is all gums but he tucks his head a little kind of like he is being bashful. It is so adorable!!! And boy is he a chatterbox! He will just sit there and look at me and just make all sorts of noises and squeals! LOL

Okay well I am off to bed. With hubby being out of town it is just me so that means no night time meds and middle of the night feedings. He is getting better at sleeping longer though so that is good!

(((BIG HUGS))) I hope you are feeling the best you can!!!

Thank you for your prayers, they are much needed!

kate
  4. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

It was great that they added those lines to the show...

I imagine that our families feel like Bernard... they want so badly to 'fix' us, or to 'do something'. It's got to be as hard on them as it is on us.

BTW, if I were single, I'd want to be at 'that place' too...with Sawyer! LOL ;)
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I was wondering how you are. Yes, I do think we know when something is not in sync inside. Now you are a new mom, over time you will start to feel that wiht Landon too, know when he needs help.

How are you doing? Is the dpression any better? I was lsitening to the BBC program on MS(which is so similar to FM) and they said that many people feel better when pregnant, but for two months after the birth, they get in a depressed state when the symptoms also come back, then, after two months it lifts usually. I wanted to write and tell you this.

I also feel that you WILL begin to feel stronger and better. I know that the pull of Danny with his autism, that this is what pulls me through this vacuum. I know about that thing of people wanting to fix things-not so much for myself but with Danny.

I don't watch TV much so don't know the program. I just want you to know that you are a good person, God loves you, and he will protect you.

How is Landon? The Spring is a time of renewal and I think as you are able to take short walks with Landon, maybe see if there is a mom's circle you can join, things will start being brighter. Be strong, remember the circle of courage.

Love Anne C