lostmy eldest brother on 13th dec

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by springwater, Dec 13, 2013.

1. springwater

springwater Member

he had cancer, pls pray for his souls peace, strength to his wife n brothers n me to carry on

god bless
  2. hangininthere

hangininthere Active Member

Oh Spring, I'm crying. Thanks for letting us know.

Praying for you all to endure this horrific sorrow. Amen.

Patti
  3. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

I posted to you on the porch, Spring...so very sorry for this news. Prayers for all the family...
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Spring....... so hard to find words.

Grieving with you in your terrible loss. Praying for you and your brothers and sister-in-law. And all in family.

Praying for your precious brother's soul to be filled with complete divine love and peace.

So deeply sorry for your loss, dear friend.
    Love, Judy
  5. springwater

springwater Member

thank you all dear friends

i am so happy he is out of suffering, he had a rather difficult time only for two weeks and intense pain
    for around 13 hours towards the end

he walked to the hospital and was conversing with visitors till then.

i attribute that to all the prayers of our friends...thank you

however i dare not contemplate the road ahead...right now without him...

it is just too painful...just too frightening..

wind ..me too about going to the Source. sigh

god bless
  6. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Spring, sorry for your loss....I have a wonderful poem and I've posted it here over the years and if I get some energy I'll repost it here.....in essence it says **Miss Me, But Let Me Go**.... I'm sure you have wonderful memories with your brother and he would not want you to fall apart....life goes on.. Celebrate his life and celebrate your life. jam xox

Oh here it is online:

www.appleseeds.org/miss_me.htm‎
    Miss MeBut Let Me Go! Edgar A. Guest. When I come to the end of the road. And the sun has set for me. I want no rites in a gloom-filled room. Why cry for a soul ...
  7. springwater

springwater Member

Diane, Jamin

Thank you. I am grateful for your support. I think i find strength from sharing.

Jamin - yes i need to do that ...miss but let go..we all do, especially his wife

God bless
  8. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

(((Springwater))) I am very sorry to hear about your brother. I lost my sister a month before Christmas of last year to complications from cancer. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through as you must be feeling right now. Remember all of the goods times with your beloved brother - those are the memories that will help you get through your grief over the coming months.
  9. joanierav

joanierav Member

dear spring. im so very sorry for your loss. i cannot even think of losing my brother. its all so sad. i will pray for strength to get you all through this difficult time. but do take the time to grieve.

hugs, joanierav
  10. springwater

springwater Member

Tiger, joan, thank you for you kind words

joan -my brther and your sister are at peace now

tiger - even i ws like that, i cant quite take it in..he was the lively one, who didnt even want to go
    and here we are, me - the somber one, who didnt really care, living and he, the proactive one,
    gone.

God bless
  11. hangininthere

hangininthere Active Member

Keeping you and yours in my prayers, Springwater.

I read your updates on The Porch thread on Chit Chat and pray.

Keep talking it out here too if you're up to it.

Patti
  12. springwater

springwater Member

jasmine

my relationship with my brother was a complex one..he was helpful as well as causing me
    great distress...but we shared so much...he was the more active and into life of the two of
    us...he sort of lived every moment whereas i withdrew from life into an abstract world of
    dreams when i found the going tough...

patti - your message and understanding is so sweet..i lost so many loved ones over the years
    parents, friends, relatives, pets...and i think i ought to hv developed a desensitization...

but no, every farewell has left its mark..dont know whether i should feel thankful i
    can still feel or feel sorry i havent become a robot with dead metal for a heart

thank you both for writing

god bless
  13. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi Springwater, I have thought of you so much over the past few days. I was reading your response to Patti just now, and I certainly understand about complex relationships.

For me, as much as it hurt to lose my mama almost two years ago, our relationship was not always the best. However, I am glad I am able to still feel the pain...because then I am also able to still feel the love...

You continue to be in my prayers, dear one...
  14. springwater

springwater Member

julie - thank you..i appreciate so much your writing...i know you know how i feel, because

you hv gone thru the same thing that i hv...may God bless and heal all of us...and help us

move on..in strength

god bless
  15. springwater

springwater Member

jasmine

thank you for thinking of me. i am coping or trying to.

freida - thank you for your loving words,

take care you too

god bless
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014