Lots 'O Pops in the Joints

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vannafeelbettr, Oct 1, 2008.

1. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Ever since getting FM, it seems the joints all over my body make that popping and cracking sound quite often. I swear when I get up to walk across a room, it's like a world record amount of popping that occurs. My pelvis even "cracks" when I sit!!! I know this is harmless, as it's just air escaping through the joints. But, I have to wonder, why so much air in so many joints so often since getting FM? Anyone else's joints singing the 'Pops'?
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Yes, mine pop very often and very loudly. My boss, my boyfriend, my brother - everyone makes fun of me. It sounds like I'm an old lady. I'm only 28! My joints are also starting to hurt more. Filing my nails is almost impossible because of the pain in my hands, elbows and wrists. Ouch.
  3. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

have only one elbow that pops, but it is the loudest I have ever heard. I thought it was strange and it hurts a bit after ward as well. I am so tired of everything being the FM, I think sometimes there is more to it than that.
  4. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

I get the same thing , and my feet and ancles hurt so bad i can barly walk at times.. Not sure why though , still learning
  5. Engel

Engel New Member

I have FM, OA, DDD, carpal tunnel, trigger thumbs ... I can feel my one hip clicking as I walk (with my cane). I am 54.
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Funny you should mention this. When I had my physical exam with the rheumatologist who confirmed my diagnosis, he actually said "boy, you "pop" a lot". I never knew it that was indicative of me having Fibro or if he was just making a statement.

My bad knees, which click, pop, grind were the first things that sent me to the doctor 22 years ago. If you were to feel my knees when I bent them, you'd be amazed - they feel and sound like they're crumbled bones in there. Of course, they're all 'FINE'.

Anyway - yep, I'm a popper!!