Lots of grease/dead skin, when feeling sick? others??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnyslumber, Oct 27, 2008.

1. sunnyslumber

sunnyslumber New Member

Hi All,

I've noticed that whenever I am really sick my skin starts to shed. It comes off in what seem like really big amounts and leave a lot of new (reddish colored) skin when I wipe it off. I'm not entirely sure if this is dead skin, or dead skin + something else, since when I am very sick when I take a bath, there is literally a layer of grease above the water surface...

Does anyone else have this problem or have a guess what causes it?

Thanks Much!

[This Message was Edited on 10/28/2008]
  2. sunnyslumber

sunnyslumber New Member

I'm pretty sure its related to CFS, because I started getting this when I got sick with CFS and it happens worst when I am really sick (having a relapse).

The thing is that when I take a bath there is a layer of what looks like grease, (from dead skin? ) whenever I am really sick. It feels sort of like the blood is not getting there...

Thanks Caledonia I'll look into aloe vera (of course I am already doing the massive vit C... I guess most of us are). Im glad it went away for you. Also to answer your question it doesn't itch but it feels like you have a layer of dirt or grime on you... it feels icky.

Bumping for more replies.

john duncan
  3. sunnyslumber

sunnyslumber New Member

one more bumpity bump
  4. sunnyslumber

sunnyslumber New Member

bumping for more responses. I can't be the only one who has this?
  5. Jayna

Jayna New Member

Since skin, or rather the sweat glands, is one of the key ways to get rid of toxins, and obviously if you're sick your body is producing more toxins, it makes senses that you'd be shedding crud this way and some of that crud will be toxic enough to push up dead or dying skin cells on its way out of your body.

In addition to being nice to your skin, washing it well - but gently - at the first sign of greasiness, if you pay close attention to your other toxin removal systems (bowels, kidneys, lungs, liver, sinuses) and drink plenty of fluids to promote flushing out the toxic backlog, you may find you're not sick as long and your skin doesn't suffer as much.

Good luck.
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

my skin has been shedding for some years now since I relapsed badly with CFS. I think it's my body's way of detoxing too as someone up the thread mentioned. It happens when my skin gets wet and now my hairdressers think I have dandruff when they shampoo my hair because it's happening with my scalp too. I've tried to explain this phenomenon to them but they didn't believe me. It's very frustrating and for me it doesn't come and go but then again I'm very sick every single day now. I do get greasiness with my constant sweating.

I've met another PWC who has this problem too.

[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2008]