lots of pelvic pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homesheba, Oct 17, 2006.

1. homesheba

homesheba New Member

yep i get kidney infections alot with fibro and all the other stuff wrong w/ me,
    but no matter what-
    it seems i always have pelvic pain or pressuer.
    is this part of it also?
    do you all have this?
    i dread seeing another dr and going thru all that embarressing stuff...
  2. maedaze

maedaze New Member

my pelvic pain ended up being endometriosis. I hope this is not your case. do you have a good doctor that knows about fibro? they might know whether this is could be part of fibromyalgia.

In fact better yet ask prickles, she knows ALOT on fibro, if i've got a question on fibro i put her name in the title!! It's like have our own personal fibro doc on call!! she would certainly be able to point you in the right direction.

Just off the subject, i just read in your bio that you wanted to take up crochet and knitting. I have just bought a beginners book on how to crochet, have got wool to practice on but forgot the crochet hook!!! hmmm no fibro fog here!!! any way is it easy to learn, i was wondering if it would end up causing pain in hands and shoulders with the repetitive movement. but still want to give it a go once i am well enough to get into town and get some hooks!!!
  3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

thanks alot for the info and id better call prickles!!!:)
    thanks!
    and well i tried the knitting and all and i had to give up cause my hands wouldnt want to do the repative motion so much.. grrrr!!!!
    id drop the needle's alot and all that. but thats just moi... i am a klutz anyway.:)
  4. 1faith

1faith New Member

My pelvic pain turned out to be endometriosis and IBS. Are the infections in your bladder or kidney? When I've had bladder infections there was much pressure just above my pubic bone.
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I also have pelvic pain. Exactly what kind of pain is it-burning, stabbing, aching, etc?

I have endometriosis (endo) and interstitial cystitis (IC), both of which can cause pelvic pain. Where exactly is the pain-your entire pelvic area or on just one side? If it's a burning pain on the left side and you also have bladder frequency and a feeling of pressure, it could be IC. IC is a chronic inflammation of the lining of the bladder. Stress and foods high in acid will irritate your bladder and bring on a flare-up of the IC. A urologist can check you for this.

As for the endo, unfortunately, the only way to tell if you have endo is through laparascopic surgery. Do you also have painful periods and a lot of clotting? Or, it can be FMS, of course. With the endo, I have had a "pulling" feeling in years past, which I later learned was the scar tissue and endo growths that I was feeling. I have had several surgeries to remove endo growths and scar tissue and am doing better now. As the years have passed, my periods are not nearly as painful and I don't get as sick as I once did.

I sincerely hope you don't have either IC or the endo as neither is fun and there is no cure. I hope you get some answers.

Ellen

I have learned that we can't always assume that everything is FMS. It's always wise to explore all possibilities.

Ellen
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

My pelvic pain turned out to be endometriosis also, that was several years ago. I had laproscopic surgery and have not had a problem with it since. I know we hate going to the dr.'s, but you should go. It's better to get it handled so it doesn't get worse. There are many things that cause pelvic pain. My endometrosis was only stage one, I am glad I had it taken care of before it got really painful. Hope you get some answers soon, keep us updated. Have a great day! Kim :)
  7. homesheba

homesheba New Member

havent had a period since early or late 30's..:) i cant remember now- went into early menopause...
    and
    i have so much scar tissue now all over my stomach and inside that they are wary of doing any more surgical wk on me...
    also, this is personal..:) , i am now so closed up down there for some reason that even the gyn had trouble doing a pelvic...
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Same here~ Lots of pelvic pain,pressure/heaviness,pulling,aching,tailbone/butt pain,etc.
    DX with Endometriosis a long time ago.

I just keep having 'clean up' surgerys and bear with it all.

Just wanted to say that many times Endo goes hand in hand with Fibro. If you have FM your chances of having or getting Endo goes way up.

Hope you get some answers soon~

sorry to say but your best bet is a Gyno.
    I know,.. I hate going to drs.! with all their darn tests !

good luck :)
    Tandy
  9. 1faith

1faith New Member

That scar tissue you referred to can cause the sensation of pressure. Have you ever had a lap as the others suggested? It's "minimally invasive"-just a few small holes usually 2-3. The Dr can directly see what's going on in there!.
    MRI?
    But the first thing is probably to be sure you're free of the UTI and ensure your bladder isn't the culprit. Your Dr will have to get to the bottom of this for you, but you know the routine-you will have to push and push to get something done.
  10. homesheba

homesheba New Member

looks like ill have to as it aint gettin any better..:)
    and man, i have also the tail bone pain and all that... sooo wierd.
  11. wld285

wld285 New Member

I have had pelvic pain on my left side for a long time. I always thought it was my ovary (maybe it is). But when I had my 2nd IV at Fcc a few weeks ago, it went away and is just starting to come back now, so who knows?