lots of stress now, plus CFS and hot weather?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by BritDiane, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BritDiane

BritDiane New Member

Hi, I havn't been on the board in a long time as my flare up of ME has been bad. I've had ME for 12 years and it's gradually getting worse. I also have a current reactivation of EBV - my range was supposed to be under 0.8 and it's 7.6! Now I am getting a whole bunch of tests for Multiple sclerosis as I had MRI brain which showed abnormalities so now I have that to worry about. I'm fatigued every day, muscle/joint pain, unrestful sleep, insomnia, lack of concentration, short term memory loss....you name it.....Besides my health issues I've been with my husband (no children) for 12 years and we are having relationship issues and have decided this is the last year we are going to give our marriage a go. On top of that we also have impending financial problems so that's another stress. I originally moved here from UK in 1989 and after going through alcohol addiction and a severe stress for 8 years years I believe all this upset triggered my CFS.

As if I'm not at my wits end with all the above and now not know if I also have MS too, I live in Las Vegas and the heat is coming. I lived in Florida 15 years and couldn't tolerate the heat and humidity so though moving to Las Vegas and drier climate would help - boy was I wrong. It's so damn hot here in the summer 100-120 degress, even 99 degrees at night and I just am getting soooo stressed as I know the heat is coming. I think I'm going to blow a fuse with the stress because my symptoms get soo bad and I've absolutely no energy in the heat to do anything. Plus the air conditioning bothers my sinuses so I feel like a prisioner in my own home which adds more stress.

We are not in a position to move - my ideal climiate would be in the 50s to 80s and dry, that's as much as I can tolerate but year in and year out i've lived in hot weather now for 20 years and I don't know how I'm going to keep going. I have a 15 history of dysthymia witih major bouts of severe depression and I know it's going to get worse as the summer comes.

Do any of you have any advice what I can do to help my situation - I just wish there was a pill and I could take it now and hibernate until September when the heat has gone......I just so stressed and down right know :)

Thanks
    Diane.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

One of the ladies in the local disabled group has MS, among other ailments. We live in Arizona with the same type of heat you describe. The lady has gotten one of those vests that hold those gel packs from the refrigerator (or freezer if you can take it). It helps her so much in hot weather. She also wears a wide brimmed hat in the summer to keep the sun off her. She no longer drives because she had to turn in her drivers license. But before then, she had tinting on all vehicle windows to cut the incoming sun. Definitely the heat makes her symptoms very bad.

I hope that you can find something. Also, just a suggestion, if you have the built in air conditioning system, you may need to have your duct work cleaned and disinfected (to cut out mold and bacteria and there are molds that thrive in moisture and mold that love that desert dryness) and then put completely new filters in twice a month. The electric company that does my air conditioning has an cheap offer now to check out ducts and whether they need repair and are working properly--something like that would probably also tell you whether you are pulling in dust or dirt from outside (which happens) and throwing it into the air in your home.

Take care and I hope you get many ideas and find some things that will help you. Many hugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/01/2010]
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Diane,

Sorry that you are feeling so bad.

I wanted to pass along some info to you that could prove very important.

A chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) and common coinfection like babesia, bartonella and ehrlichia can cause all the symptoms you mentioned.

Lyme is a very complex bacterial spirochete that invades the neurological system and can also invade all tissues and organs of the body.

First, here is a great presentation showing how Lyme can imitate MS......Lyme can cause white matter lesions in the brain........scroll to pages 48-50 of the following site....

http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/Lymewhat_is_it_part_3,_LIA.pdf

The entire presentation is very informative .

Fatigue, muscle/joint pain, unrestful sleep, insomnia, lack of concentration, short term memory loss, heat intolerance, depression, etc are all symptoms of chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection and common coinfections.

It is common for lyme patients to also have other active infections like EBV.

Your CFS and MS-like symptoms have a cause.

It is likely infectious.......it is very probable that you actually have chronic lyme and coinfections.

Please read the symptom list on p 9-11 and the coinfection info p 22-27......

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/about_lyme.html

Most Dr's mistakenly rule out lyme by seeing a negative result on a lyme test...this is very wrong.