LOUD Speaker in my Ears- Need Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carolynh8, Jan 19, 2006.

1. carolynh8

carolynh8 New Member

Help-This constant echo and LOUD Speaker in my ears is driving me crazy. Even my breathing resonates in my ears
    and sounds like Darth Vader!!! I take Quiafenesen for the
    congestion also Flonase nasal spray and nothing helps except lying down. Does anybody else have this?? and do you
    know how to stop it?? Carolyn
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

You probably have tinnitis. Could be due to medications that you are taking (aspirin is a cause for sure).

Other causes may include Meniere's disease, which is characterized by attacks of fluctuant hearing loss, roaring tinnitus and dizziness.

Less likely causes are tumors of the nerve responsible for hearing.

Might be good to see an ENT doc.

I have tinnitis and it's annoying and tiring (just what we don't need, huh ..). Sometimes I have to use "white noise" to cope. The TV being on, a radio, or even my air purifier will help. Sometimes, I believe the tinnitis makes me nauseated when it's really bad.

Might check out The American Tinnitus Association -- at P.O. Box 5, Portland, OR 97207 to see if there is a support group near you.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have had this ringing noise in my ears
    24/7 for 5 years..it isn't due to meds because it started before I was on any meds..I have seen doctors including many trips to an ENT been treated for allergies, sinus problems and nothing has helped..

I have been told its just part of this DD
    and I take xanax which helps me tolerate the noise..

Sure hope you find someone that can help but with the help of xanax I just put up with it..

God Bless
    greatgran
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To the post on clonazepam. I've pasted Dr. Cheney's article on Klonopin there. Tinnitus can be a symptom of a slight state of seizure in the brain, especially if one also suffers from racing brain, insomnia, sensory overload, muscle twitches/spasms, anxiety, and RLS.

Love, Mikie