louisek are you ok?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blkkat, Feb 18, 2007.

1. blkkat

blkkat New Member

HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU OK? HAVE YOU RAN OUT? I HOPE NOT!!! WE CARE ALOT ! IM JUST ONE OF MANY HERE THAT REALLY DO CARE HOW YOUR DOING! PLEASE UPDATE US IF YOU FEEL GOOD ENOUGH> ILL LOG ON LATER TO SEE IF YOUVE READ THIS POST> GOD BLESS- HUGS FROM BLKKAT
  2. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Oh, how nice of you!! Well, I have to tell you today I am at half of my usual dose. Last night, late, I had a lot of weird stuff going on. Just like they say about opioid withdrawal only not as severe. Sweating, eyes and nose running, slightly shivvery feeling and a bit dizzy. Then I felt very tense physically and oddly couldn't swallow for a while. The worst and weirdest was trying to sleep. I was awake until 5am! I felt nervous and was sort of hearing things in a half asleep way and also did some weird jerking around. Also I was having some sudden mini panic attacks but I was able mentally to shoo those away.

I also took an Ambien and half a lorazepam. At 4:30am I took another half lorazepam and finally fell asleep.

I am only sort of anxious about this; I am not panicky which I think helps. And the reason I am not panicky is all the encouragement I've gotten here, honestly.

I only have a tiny bit left and will certainly have to wait until Tuesday end-of-day at the soonest for a refill.

I read that the withdrawal doesn't really hit for a day or two. I hope since I take such a small amount it will end up being a little mini withdrawal.

This situation brings up so many issues for me though. I am trying not to think about them now while I am going through this vulnerable time. Taking these serious drugs; needing them; feeling so misunderstood by the medical profession and even friends and family; but one of the hardest things about all this is just confronting the idea of the neverending, pervasive pain I have.

I feel like pain and fatigue are filling my whole life and world. I have already lost so much to them and yet they persist. They never let go.

Well, not to sound too glum but this situation really brings up my relationship to pain and the part it plays in my life. It's a lot to think about.

Anyway, I'm going to try to watch some tv and drink a lot of herbal tea and take a little lorazepam to stay calm.

You are a dear to check in on me, really. It's so appreciated.

Best,
  3. brensjoy

brensjoy New Member

I have been checking the board to c if u are ok. Seems like u r hanging in there. I dont know if u are a religious person or not but prayer can get u through anything. I am a living example of that. So hang there kiddo![This Message was Edited on 02/18/2007]
  4. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Bless you, dear! Yes, I light candles around my lovely Buddha statue and remind myself that I can learn from his great teachings that we are not our pain; we are not our suffering. Pain and suffering are inevitable in the world and in ourselves. It is our attachment, our response, to these inevitabilities that can make all the difference. Jesus, too, has the same wisdom for us.

You know, I think I just remember reading something here that we cannot discuss religion so I'll just leave it at this . . .thanks again.
  5. blkkat

blkkat New Member

HOPE YOU GET SOME SLEEP! SEE YOUR GETTIG THRUOGH THIS , YES ITS BEEN HELL IM SURE!!!YOU HANG IN THERE! AND YES I AM AND HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU <TO FIND THE STRENGTH TO KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!!!!! WE HERE ARE A FAMILY IN DEED> GOD BLESS- HUGS FROM BLKKAT