Louisiana/Mississippi doctors?? Has anyone heard about...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minxlinx, Feb 23, 2006.

1. minxlinx

minxlinx New Member

My doctor has decided to return to San Diego :(. His replacement wants nothing to do with me.

I've been looking for a new doctor and was wondering if anyone knows anything about Dr. Robert Fortier-Bensen or the Center for Functional Medicine.

According to his website, he "is a doctor that practices the medicine of tomorrow. His practice encompasses comprehensive treatment for acute and chronic pain or illness, including: arthritis, chronic fatigue, fibromyaglia.

To help people get better, Dr. Fortier-Bensen asseses the biochemistry that makes us individuals and the processes ivolved. and then uses all safe and effective methods to help patients effectively manage their health, nutrition, lifestyle, and pain. Dr. Fortier-Bensen is board certified in anesthesiology, pain management, anti-aging medicine, clinical nutrition, and naturopathy. He holds additional certifications in acupuncture, endocrinology naturopathic medicine, prolotherapy, and homeopathy."

He seems as if he would be able to help, but at approxmiately $400-$525 for the initial visit
    I'd love to hear anyone's experience with him or anything that they might have heard.

I'd appreciate any references someone could give me for either an internist/gp/rhuematologist or any other specialty that might be of assistance.

I'm also looking for a psychiatrist on the North Shore, so any recommendations would also be appreciated!

Thanks
    Ariel
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

bump for input.. sorry I'm clueless!