Lounge #125 Is Now Open

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Sep 16, 2012.

  1. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    So stop in, all you Loungers.

    Love, Mikie
  2. Ranigar

    Ranigar Member

    My grandma's dog was Taffy.Very obese poor thing.That's probably why I am a fanatic about huz and others feeding my dog to many treats.Florida will be a problem because BIL and his neighbor over feed his and offer treats all day to Lily.I want her to be healthy and live a long time.They look at me like I'm nuts when I say no don't feed her.

    Pig roast was good stayed til 9 and it felt like midnight.We sat outside by the fire but I was cold and legs were cramping.Huz wanted to leave earlier but I didn't want to offend anyone and he said later that would have happened.Today,well I feel as you can probably guess.Next weekend to get through with the wedding .One step at a time.I'm still feeling upbeat about it all.

    Lots to do this week but most of it will pileup the last couple of days.

  3. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Was the name given to my beloved dog before we got her at a year and a half old. We decided it would just make adapting more difficult if we changed it. She must have been a beige color when she was a pup but by the time she came to us, she was white with only a bit of beige on her ears. She was a Cocker/Terrier mix and was a beautiful dog. None of our dogs was obese but they got plenty of exercise and only occasional treats. Also, they were fed good dog food. We keep treats on the balcony for visiting dogs now but we alwasy ask the doggies' mommas or daddys if it's OK to give them to their dogs. I don't think people should ever feed others' pets without permission. I even asked Jeff if it were OK to feed the kitties. He has no problem with it. I was worried about Simon's never getting any treats like Tweety and Sylvester. Then it occured to me--I put just a few on top of his breakfast when I take it down for him in the morning. Poor old guy.

    Glad you are upbeat about the wedding and hope you aren't paying too dearly for the party. That's about all you can do is take things one step at a time. It'll all get done in the end.

    I went to take the newspaper over for Barb and there was a freshly-baked muffin on one of our little tables right outside my door with a "Good morning" note on it. How nice! I told her I couldn't miss it. If I can get it in gear, I may go to Target later. I need to get some vinegar to descale my coffee maker. Couldn't find my little filters but finally found them.

    Yesterday, I went to take my second BP pill and took all my pills: BP, Estradiol and Progestin again. I actually felt better and may experiment for a few days. I'm seeing the doc next week and can ask about it then. I slept better last night. Perhaps I need more hormones. Doc has some kind of injection for that too but wanted to wait until I finish my peptide shots to discuss it. Every night, I feel so thankful for my projection clock. Looooove it!

    Got good news in the mail from my Medicare Advantage plan. I had thought that with cuts to these plans, I might have to start paying a premium or higher co-pays. Part of Obamacare was to cut payments to these plans because they are so efficient that the insurance companies were making a killing off of them. The other part of Obamacare is that insurance companies have to use a certain percent of revenues for benefits for members. So, even with the cuts to my plan, there were excess revenues which had to be used in 2013 for benefits. I now have no co-pay to see my PCP, the maximum out-of-pocket has dropped, and Rx benefits are better. I couldn't believe it. Some good news for a change.

    As always, sending my love, hugs and prayers to everyone.

    Love, Mikie
  4. Ranigar

    Ranigar Member

    Well you got a surprise treat yourself then for a change.That's a nice way to start your morning.I don't mind people giving Lily treats just not to much.The Dairy Queen gives her a dog biscuit and so does the UPS guy,but she still hates him.

    DS Fiancee's uncle just passed away last night.He was 60 and had some health problems for some time but collapsed at home.DS just called and was heading to the urgent care with his BP and pulse high.I told him I wonder why.Poor kids all this stress.

    Jole I finally looked up Pinterest.I was on it all afternoon yesterday and won't let myself look at it today until I get some things done.It's addicting!

    It is cold mornings now.Today I tried to go get a shower but kept crawling back in bed under the covers.I got out brushed my teeth and crawled back in.After the fourth attempt huz came looking for me and caught me.I told him I would be down soon really it was just taking some time today.He just smiled and shook his head.Gosh the aches and pains from chilly mornings are not for sissies.

  5. bct

    bct Well-Known Member

    but I can feel the cold coming... Meanwhile I just want some rain! Send some if you can, please.

    Had a very tiring day Sat., taking the cat Slinky and the dog Phoebe too the vet. Said vet is the only one in town and does not take appts. so it was necessary to get up at six to be there when they opened. We were the first thank heavens, because the place is always a crazy madhouse. That said, everything went well. Slinks got her shots, and Phoebe dog got dxd. with incontinence (actually my dx!) and has been given Phenylpropanolamine! It's working well, no side effects.

    Pam, did your family actually roast a pig? Sounds good if you did. On a note on food, and pig, I saw pork brains in the store after visit to vet. What a shock, I had never seen them before! I didn't buy them!

    Jole, did you ever figure out what was bothering your kittens? I don't know what predators you have, but I have heard of raccoons getting the small ones. Maybe that's the culprit?

    Wildlife here has been deer and more deer. Also brush rabbits (very small), Turkeys, masses of quail, and I don't know what else. The foxes seem to have eaten all the chipmunks, which is a bummer! There was a dead flying squirrel under the persimmon tree the other morn. I very seldom have seen them, and then only dead. They are totally nocturnal. I guess the cat got it.

    Mikie, so glad your friend Barbie is back. Don't let her wear you out! I keep thinking about the clock projection on your ceiling.... I think I think it's strange but can't make up my mind!

    Rock, Leah, Linda and others,
    May energy flow your way.
  6. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Pam, sounds as though you did get worn out. I'm so sorry about your DDIL to be's uncle. Only 60, too young to go. Hope your DS is OK. It's probably stress, maybe a panic attack. I'm laughing about you Lily's hating the UPS guy even though he tries to bribe her with a treat. I have been thinking of visiting Pinterest.

    Barry, you have all kinds of wildlife where you live. Saw a vulture today and told Barb that I wondered whether he knows something I don't. Yes, we've been going out in the mornings but by early afternoon, I'm beat. I guess half a day is better than nothing; I am usually a glass-half-full kind of person but I feel cheated. I need to stay home tomorrow and get something done around here. I keep saying that and then go out and get nothing done. I do have to go to the condo mtg. to turn in some paperwork.

    DD just called to tell me she has some very small blood clots in her leg from her knee surgery. She saw the specialist who thought they would break down and get absorbed if she wears her compression stocking and takes two aspirins a day. They told her initially to stay off of her knee for a few days whereas my doc told me to use my leg without a cane or crutches. I walked out of the surgical center. I think her doc is wrong and her sitting around all that time caused the clots.

    Target had a deal on the Bed Head hair spray I use. I bought two spray cans and got a big bottle of Nexus shampoo with argan oil in it. Also, the hair spray was on sale. Unfortunately, the styling sticky stuff I use wasn't on sale. It's expensive too. I'm just using up the last of the BOGO stuff I bought. Wish that sale would come around again. I also got a beautiful strawberry/rhubarb pie that usually sells for $7.99 on sale for $4. I loooooove strawberry/rhubarb pie! Mmmmmm!

    Well, gotta go. Maybe I'll visit Pinterest.

    Love, Mikie
  7. Ranigar

    Ranigar Member

    I was thinking about rain for you Barry but forgot to concentrate my thoughts on your region because we got the rain instead.Yes the family roasted that big ol pig all night on a spit.Stuffed it with sausage in casings and pineapple.I guess usually they use sauerkraut and BIL said that was better but this was good too.

    Mikie isn't it strange how different recovery advise from Drs. can be.I would think getting up moving around would be best.Getting hair color and cut today for the Wedding.Wish it weren't raining because we need groceries for all the family coming in and I'm miserable.

    That is encouraging news that you are able to eat more foods Leah.That's really good for you right?I hope you continue with a good spell.I gained 2lbs. when I weighed myself this morning.I couldn't believe it so I got back on the scale.I've been really trying to eat when I can taste.

  8. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Get through everything you need to do. Getting a color job always brightens things up. I need one myself. Adrienne is also selling that powder like Joan Rivers's but a few dollars less. I still think I'll try it for my roots. I hate to have to keep coloring all the time. It takes two weeks when I color my hair for it to turn the color I want. My hair is weird.

    Check out my post on what one of the kitties did. It blows my mind to think how smart those little devils can be. Tweety just left after having a nice nap. She likes to get in my lap and be petted to sleep. Once she's nice and drowsy, I can move her to the loveseat. She's soooooo cute when she sleeps.

    I didn't go to the mtg. this morning. I'm just vegging in my jammies. I watched "Return of The Planet of The Apes." It was OK, a good escape movie on a day of rest. Now, I'm watching Technibond jewelry on HSN. Another good escape. Then, I'll probably read. Somewhere in there, I'll have a nap for sure. I've always wondered about Mamie Eisenhower; she used to have to take to her bed for the day every now and then. Perhaps she was ill. Being First Lady would be enough to drive any woman to her bed.

    Hope you, and all our Loungers, have a nice day.

    Love, Mikie
  9. jole

    jole Member

    Yes, Pam, this weather is not nice to us! It's down into the 40's at night now, and I can sure feel it! Your hog roast sounds wonderful. Reminds me of the kids' proms. The meals were always really fancy for all of them but my son's. They had roast hog, laying out on the table with an apple in its mouth...lol. The kids all said it was the best meal ever!

    I agree, Pinterest is interesting. At first I was spending a couple hours on there, and didn't realize it, the time went so fast. I try to only look an hour or so a week now. Found so many DIY things I'd love to try, if I could just find the energy!

    Barry, good to see you. Guess what? The Fish and Game Department had their pickup and trailer sitting along the side of a road about 10 miles from us awhile back. Our dentist thought they were having trouble, and stopped to enquire. No, no trouble. They just released three wolves...two female and a male! Now, why do we need wolves in this area?

    Like everything else, they will now deny it, just like they deny the fact that there are mountain lions here...which they also released probably 8-10 years ago. Luckily they aren't producing very quickly, but people in our area have pictures of them, and the F&G department still denies it. (Whoops, that F&G looks like I'm saying naughty things!)

    Mikie, wish you were here. I can't get Flash Player on my computer. Have deleated it and re-installed, but it still won't come on. Even shut off my antivirus while downloading. Can't figure it out. Plus, for some reason my wi-fi (router) won't work either. Got a new router, but can't install it to the computer. Seems everything is haywire and I'm out of things to try. Any ideas?

    Leah, so happy to hear you're feeling a bit better! Some days a little better is all we can ask for, isn't it? Sounds like your hubby's garden is like my house. Some days the more I clean, the worse it looks! Lol... I use to be well organized, but not now. Would love to be able to afford someone to come in and help once in awhile. I had company yesterday (the first in years that wasn't family), and I was embarrased by the dust on my furniture. Next time someone drives in, think I'll trace a big heart on my tv screen or something just for kicks.

    Rock, loved your jokes on the last 'issue'. You always add a touch of humor for us, or make us work our brains with all your info you give us. Thanks!

    Nothing new here either.......Hugs...Jole

  10. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Jole, wolves? Your tax dollars at work. I cracked up at your joke. It took me a bit to say the F&G a couple of times before I got it. I went to Pinterest and signed up. I chose a username but noticed all the posts used people's full names. I'm not wannting to use my last name but am afraid if I post, it will show up. Guess I'll just lurk.

    I'm not sure I could be of any help with your computer problems, especially installing Flash Player. When trying to install the new router, is your modem up and blinking first? Is there an ether cable from the modem to the router and another ether cable from the router to the computer? You can removed the one from the router to the computer when you are done. Only other thing I can think of is that the router installation software isn't up to date and you have to go online to download it. New modems aren't always compatible with routers, even new ones because the routers may not have the latest installation software on the CD's that come with them. I bought a new super-duper router and later found out I could have likely downloaded the software to make it compatible. I went through a nightmare getting everything up and running when Comcast made me upgrade my modem. Hope you can get it going.

    I went down early, about 5:00 this morning to feed Simon, the feral cat. I posted on another thread that yesterday, I didn't feel like going down so early to put out his food. Later, I went out on the balcony to have my coffee and there was his dish in the middle of the sidewalk. I always put it in the bushes to give him the privacy and cover he seeks. I don't know if it was he or Tweety who did the not-so-subtle reminder but if it's that important, I won't forget again. Tweety may be a diva but she looks out for the other kitties. They cats never go hungry because Jeff and his neighbor, Julie, also feed them. I just feed them earlier when they like to eat. Simon, especially, likes to eat under cover of darkness. He's like a little ghost moving through the dark.

    I slept better last night, from 11:00 p.m. til about 5:00 a.m. No waking at 3:30, unable to get back to sleep. I hope that was just an anomaly. Was gonna go to the store today for vinegar; it's time to descale my coffee maker. I'll wait til tomorrow because there is more on sale that I like. I got a $2 coupon for Publix and a $5 coupon for Sweetbay which Publix will take. That's $7 right off the bat and I may have coupons for other things. I think I'll take time today to organize my coupons. Both of these coupons came from the newspaper. It's almost $20 a month for our paper now. My rule is that it has to pay for itself in coupons or advertised sales that save me money. So far, I'm always way ahead of breaking even. Then, I give the paper to Barb and when Ilona comes down, Barb passes it on to her. We get a lot out of one paper. Since the fall, I've been doing the puzzles, except Sudoku, to try to get my cognitive function back, so they don't get that section.

    Well, kids, that's about it for now. Sending my best to everyone for a great day.

    Love, Mikie
  11. Ranigar

    Ranigar Member

    Huz went into the store yesterday and I sat gazing at all the beautiful Mums out on display.I wanted to go in and buy some so bad.That would be a silly waste of money since we won't be here much longer.What color did you get?Were they the bigger blooms or the tiny ones they have?I'm torn I like the burgundy and I like the purple.

    Brought the RV home for weekend guests to sleep in.Huz had trouble opening the door with his key.We got home and he was standing in the bedroom and asked where the TV was.Someone had broken in and stole the TV off the wall.Looking around a GPS was gone too.They jimmied the door lock.At least they didn't destroy or smash anything.All this time no incidents and we are just weeks from leaving and thieves break in.We store it on a fenced in lot the place isn't responsible for theft or damage.He's there during the day.Doubt we'll turn it in to Ins. the TV was small.

    Boiling pot. and eggs today.Going to the airport to pick up the kids.Enjoying my last peace and quiet moment with my coffee.

  12. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    You paint such a beautiful picture of fall and everything you observe. As you know, we don't really have seasons down here. I always say we have two seasons--hot 'n hotter. Like you, I've had no energy lately. This morning, though, I started purging so it may be the transfer factors I took a few days ago. I woke at 4:00 this morning but was able to go back to sleep til 6:00. I hurried down to get Simon's breakfast to him.

    I am also thankful every day for all I have, my many blessings. Even when I am down and out, I have a nice comfortable bed in which to rest. I have my A/C to keep the air cool and dry. I have TV and my Kindle because when I'm sick, all I can do is read or watch TV. Sometimes, my brain is even too tired to read. I also have this website and my online family which is a huge blessing. Soon, we will have snowbirds, both the human kind and our fine feathered friends down here.

    This morning, I took a soak in Epsom Salts. I guess Tweety has never seen me get into the tub. It scared her but she was also curious. Eventually, she got close enough to sit up straight like a ground hog does. She's white and looked almost like a bunny. She was relieved when I got out and she raced to the front door to go out. She's probably telling the other cats about this new strange human behavior she witnessed. They probably don't believe her. Who would get soaked in water if she didn't have to?

    Just sitting here trying to decide whether to get dressed and go to the store or just sit again today. Perhaps if I were to get dressed and go to the store, I'd feel a bit better. I'll see. It's only 8:30. Hope everyone has a great day.

    Love, Mikie
  13. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Seems as though our Loungers have been few and far between here. I hope it's because everyone is feeling well and busy. If not, I hope everyone is isn't up to par gets better.

    I've had no energy and now I know why or, at least, one reason why. My transfer factor kicked in and I'm purging. These new TF's don't seem as strong and don't seem to cause such a strong initial reaction. They also appear to take longer to do their work. I'm glad they are not as harsh as the old one. This reaction I'm having now means the TF's are working. Purging started last night and continues today but not as strongly.

    I had some places I had wanted to go but didn't get too far before fatigue drove me home. Well, I drove myself but you get the idea. I filled up my car and went to Target. I love their Laura's brand steaks and when they get close to the sell date, they put $2 or $3 off coupons on top in big red stickers. The last one I bought, the clerk didn't scan the coupon so I went back to get my $3. I also took back my Bed Head styling gel to get the new Nexus Frizz Control serum. There was a free sample on some shampoo I bought. OMG! It's got Argan Oil and coconut oil in it. It feels all oily in the hand but doesn't make the hair oily. It shines like crazy and is so much easier to style. I went out in very humid weather, even for us, and there was no frizz nor curling up. I also like It's A 10 with keratin but I like this even better. It's not cheap. It was $12 for a 2 oz. bottle.

    Now, I'm home and feeling dragged out. I guess it's just gonna take time for this virus to leave me alone. I'm getting a peptide shot next week and am hoping that will help. I'm also hoping this humid weather brings more rain. We need all we can get.

    Barb went to the beach with friends today so she is wanting for us to go out tomorrow. I need to rest so I can. Don't know where all we'll go. I need to prioritze so that we do first things first.

    Sending my best to everyone and hoping our Loungers stop by.

    Love, Mikie
  14. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    So sorry you are in crash mode. Today was the first day I did things with Barb, including lunch, that I didn't have to come home to crash. I think I'm through purging from the transfer factor. That always makes me feel better after feeling worse. Glad you got through the carwash; I always feel better after that too. The shiny serum looked good when I first put it on and it didn't allow my hair to frizz but the humidity still ruined my do. For some of us, there just doesn't seem to be a cure for what ails our hair. Oh well, at my age, it's not like it's such a big deal.

    Yes, I'm sure Pam is one busy camper. Hope she fills us in on all the activity around the wedding. I sure hope Linda is OK. I know how a change of regimen can throw everything into turmoil.

    Barb's printer was out of ink so we stopped at Staples because they give credit for empty cartridges. I got ink for when mine goes dry. I'm charging my ink and paper to our assn. because, in 15 years, I never have and I've done a lot of printing and copying. We used coupons and I got a gorgeous long casual skirt and a necklace for $12 and change at Stein Mart. We had coupons for $10 off a $25 purchase at Bealls and I used mine to buy a bracelet and two necklaces which I'll restring into one beautiful necklace. I've been looking for just such beads and would spend more than that on just buying the beads at the hobby store.

    We stopped and had spaghetti on the way home. We sat out on the balcony with another friend. It's raining here but part of the balcony is covered. I brought home half my lunch so I'll eat it tomorrow. Finally, I came in as my behind was going numb sitting out there. Now, it's going numb sitting in here :)

    So glad you dropped in today. Hope and pray you feel better. Also hope our Loungers stop by soon.

    Love, Mikie
  15. Ranigar

    Ranigar Member

    I made it through!Must have been two hundred people show up at the [small] party.I was worried there wouldn't be enough food.There was a lot of setting up and we stayed to clean-up after.My DD asked how I could do it,because she has fibro and was in pain.She has pain meds and I accept pain is a part of my everyday life because I can't take anything anymore that doesn't make me sick.

    Our house was a zoo with two four yr. olds and a one yr. old.The one yr. old fell down the stairs because us 4 adults got side tracked for just a second,and that's all it takes.He ran into the corner of the wall and got a bump and climbed onto a chair and over the side bumping his head.No hosp. visits required thank goodness.This morning huz drove them to the airport and I put our house back in order.Loved seeing them and loved to see them go.

    The crowd and activity had my brain swirling and when we walked across the parking lot to leave last night my balance was so bad that I was walking sideways and DD had to grab me.I can rest now and that event is over.

    Some of the relatives want to get together before we leave.These are the brother and a sister that doesn't associate with the others we've seen lately.Between them,neighbors party and coworkers final get together we will never be out in time.People should offer to help you pack and move stuff instead of wanting to throw a party at this busy of a time don't you think?I'll deal with that later or I'll really start stressing.

    Hope all your weekends were nice and peaceful.

  16. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Pam, so glad it's over for you, for now. It sounds as though it was a good time and I'm so impressed at how you weathered the storm. You are right; people ought to throw a packing party. It could be fun and helpful at the same time. I guess you could look at it all as a compliment that so many people love you and want to let you know you will be missed. I'm sure you will be missed. Heck, we miss you here if you're gone for a couple of days. Glad to see you post.

    Leah, yes, I also try to be grateful every day. Yesterday, I paid for all that Barb and I did on Sat. I just lay around after reading the paper and watched TV. I watched the Emmys except for 9:00 to 10:00 when I switched to "Boardwalk Empire." I could have watched the whole Emmy show and caught the other show after but I figured I might not be awake. BE is always on during the week or on On Demand, but I found the Emmys tedious after a while. All those award shows are a bit boring but I keep watching them.

    I think part of it is the subpar writing for the emcee and skits. The rest is all the thanking and inane comments made by the winners. So, basically, once one has seen the stars and gowns on the red carpet, the best part of the show is over. Also, with so many nominees coming from HBO and Showtime, a lot of people aren't even aware of the shows nor the stars. I enjoy watching Joan Rivers "Fashion Police" after the award shows. Her wicked and funny comments are priceless. Everyone looked pretty good last night so she may not have enough material this time.

    Going to try to get some things done today. Tomorrow, I get my eyes checked. I will have to leave my glasses as they need a slight repair. The new optician won't work on these because she can't figure out how. They have to be sent to the downtown office and that guy isn't great. If neither of them can fix them, they may have to be sent someplace else. They pushed these expensive glasses and now, no one seems capable of fixing them. Oy!

    I get my peptide injection on Fri. I've been feeling lousy. Allergies are horrible but I won't be able to take my allergy med after tomorrow. Guess I had better get my outside stuff done today. I need to cut two blooms off the palm trees; they are making a mess on the sidewalk and stairs. Barb and I need to go to Lowe's to get flowers for our flower boxes which will be installed on the railings on the landing going up the outside stairs. We think red geraniums and some kind of trailing plants will look good and bring some much needed color to our bldg.

    I'll go food shopping tomorrow after my appt. I have a $5 coupon if I buy $30 worth of products. I also have a $5 coupon if I buy $50 worth. I'll use the first one first and if I need other things, I can go back and stock up. Sales change on Thurs., so I might find things I need on sale. I hate to spend the money but I've found that, in the long run, I have to spend money to save money. I filled up my car this week with the $50 gas card that I only paid $40 for. At the time, the $40 tacked onto my groceries was a lot but it sure was nice to fill up at a 20 percent saving.

    Well, that's about it for my exciting life--NOT! Hope everyone has a great day--exciting if you want it and calm if you don't. Bet I can guess which one most of us would choose.

    Love, Mikie
  17. Ranigar

    Ranigar Member

    It's really chilly here and temps will be in the 60's all week.I'm having a really hard day,go figure after all the weeks activities.I think I may have caught the sniffles from the grandkids or my DS the groom.I'm going to see if I can push through or just give in and lay down all day.So little time left and so much to get done.

    Mikie what is it with eye glasses?My new DIL just showed us her recent new glasses that the frame is loose and falling off and she's taken it back twice.Glasses are so expensive.Now nobody wants to repair them.

    Freida glad you are up moving around.Simple pleasures are rewarding too right?Well wish me luck I'm going to see if this body is up for any kind of work today.

  18. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    I don't know what it is but I think a lot of it has to do with rimless lenses. My glasses are all plastic and I love that they are so lightweight but the plastic screws which hold the sides to the lenses seem to be too much for the opticians to deal with. Only thing is that the last two opticians had no problem fixing them. I'm starting to wonder where they are digging up the new people and why there has been such a turnover. I've been wearing my contacts all day.

    Pam, I think after all you've been doing, you deserve, and need, a day of rest. I took one yesterday and would take one tomorrow if I weren't seeing the doc. Barb and I got the plants for our flower boxes today and I planted them, put the flower boxes together and installed them in place. Barb cleaned up most of the mess. I also got some red geraniums for my little flower pot at the foot of the stairs. Red at the entryway is good Feng Shui. It's still so humid that I sweat horribly and my bod aches all over. I'm just cooling off and will soak in Epsom Salts.

    I got a call from an old friend that I love dearly. When he lived here, we hung out together and had a ball. He moved up to NC and, eventually, got remarried. His wife has premature dimentia now. She was in a long-term care facility and he drove to see her every night. He didn't feel she was getting good care even though it's supposed to be a good facility. He brought her home and hired a live-in woman who cares for her during the day. She is so happy to be back home with her cats and among familiar things. It made my day to hear that it's working out so well. I've been praying for them ever since she became ill. My friend is quite a man and I admire him so much for how he is caring for his wife.

    Well, time to go soak a while. Think I'll take out my contacts and take something for the body aches. I knew I was overdoing it but I had to finish so as not to leave a potting soil mess all over. I'm messy when I work. Goodnight sweet Loungers.

    Love, Mikie
  19. jole

    jole Member

    Not physically, but haven't been on the computer much. I talk to my sis (with ALS) every week on the phone, and we text short notes in between. It's just really doing a number on me, watching my funny, full of life sis changing. Her hubby sends me pictures of her (she doesn't know that) and I've seen so much muscle loss in her legs and arms. She never complains about having it, but does worry about her hubby/kids going through all of this.

    Anyway, that's why I haven't been here. I seem to concentrate so much on her that I forget all I can do is pray and put her in God's hands.....wish I could fix it, but I can't. Hoping for a better day mentally, then I'll be back. Hugs to all.......
  20. Ranigar

    Ranigar Member

    That is a good way to put it,in God's hands.It must be so difficult to know you can't do anything to help.

    Looks like closing will be moving up a week from the original Oct.12 date.I had a hunch it would after all the inspections finished so quickly.We just can't get out sooner then the 25th.I know those young people will be chomping at the bit to get in here but they will have to be patient.

    Flare started yesterday as I feared with the cold weather.I worked anyway but after driving to the RV storage to pick up huz I've got to rest.


[ advertisement ]