Lounge #129 Now Open

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sending up prayers for you. I am in the same boat right now with the exhaustion so know how you feel. Hope we all feel better here at the Lounge. I know your sis will love the scrapbook.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On the thread about the storm but I want to reiterate that I'm praying for everyone in the storm's path. As though we don't have enough on our plates as it is, preparing for a major storm can really sap one's strength. There's the physical effort required and then, the stress factor. It's just too much.

Yes, I'm slumping and slogging along. Yesterday, Barb and I had lunch and then drove down to a shopping center to go to Belk's Dept. Store (my DD in Atlanta calls it, "Bilks)" I wasn't impressed as it's a small store and almost exactly the same as a Macy's. I did get a couple of thermal tumblers which are great and a lot less expensive than Tervis Tumblers. They were on sale for $5.50 each. Deal!!! They have tubes inside which screw into the lids so one can put fruit into them to infuse the water. Putting frozen fruit might be a nice way to go.

The mall was having Trick or Treat and we enjoyed seeing the kids' costumes. They were so cute. We get one or two, at most, here in the hood. Think I'll go back to sleep for an hour before I have to get ready to go vote.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Barb and I and another friend rode together to vote early. We timed it pretty well. We got there after most of the working people had voted and left and just before the retired bunch came to vote. We got seats inside and didn't have to wait long. At one point, the computers went down and that was a scare but they got them back up and running quickly. By the time we left, there was a long line outside as all the seats inside were taken. I'm glad to have it done. I've done everything I can so now, all I have to do is wait til election day. I just hope the hurricane doesn't interfer with voters. What a mess.

I am so tired that I just drove us home. I had to go to Target for an Rx so decided to just go by myself. I returned the rice cooker I bought at BB&B. I got some groceries at Target so I'm pretty well set. I just wanted to be by myself. It was too much being with other people after two days of it. I like my friends but there are times it becomes just too much. I was starting to get freaked out sitting in the waiting area with no arm room and a big guy hogging all the space. One of my sensory overload issues is touch. It was tighter in there than coach on a cheap flight.

As y'all know, I'm a paper hoarder, not in the sense that I have paper products all over the condo (I put them away), but in the sense that I always stock up when I can get TP for 25 cents a roll or less and paper towels for less than 75 cents a roll. Target had both on sale and I got a $5 gift card for buying one of each. On top of that, I use my Target card and save another 5 percent. I always feel more secure when I have paper products stored and know I won't have to pay a bunch if I were to run out. Geez, if I ever had to pay full retail, I'd probably have a stroke.

Once, my life was more than just making sure I save money on paper products. Of course, I do have TV so it isn't a total loss. And, of course, I have my Online Family to spend time with, one of my favorite things.

Stay safe, Online Family.

Love, Mikie