loungechairs: boon of the bedridden outdoorsperson

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I just got a lounge chair - a lawn chair for lying down in - the other day, and placed it on the balcony. It's fabulous! I can get the sun and fresh air, and because it's above street level and surrounded by a railing, it's private. I can go straight out in my pajamas. I also put a book in a ziplock bag out there in case I forget to bring something to read. :)

Best of all, I have a view of a treetop which is usually moving gently in the breeze and making a soft swwwiiishhhh sound. Very relaxing. The chair only cost $50 (there are probably cheeper ones) and is adjustable.

I hope some of our housebound people will be able to enjoy lying down outside sometimes. Even once in a while has been so enjoyable for me. :)
    ((xxx)) Shannon
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi Shannon,

What a wonderful idea. I'm really happy that you thought of that.

I love trees and the sky just nature in general. That would be a nice way to enjoy it and not feel so closed in from being indoors all the time.

I wish you better health and lots of happiness! Tammy.
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

It wasn't my idea, really. :) A friend of mine who has fibro and lies down all day thought of it... either that, or her doctor told her. I forget. The nice thing about a loungechair is that it keeps your back and neck straighter than lying on the couch would. I'm hoping I'll have less of a pain in the neck with using it sometimes. In winter, I think I'll bring it inside and use it in my reading room downstairs, where I don't have furnature for lying down. Then I can get use it all year.
    ((hugs)) Shannon
  4. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Most of the lounge chairs that I looked at don't lay down.
    Take care,
    Mary
  5. sascha

sascha Member

YES! i have just been involved in a marathon of helping take care of my very ill aunt, and me with CFIDS made that a very very difficult time. i crashed horribly.
    now her daughter has come to take over, and a thing i so much want to do is get a comfortable beach chair that i can lie back on, and next week i'm planning on a trip to a Calif. beach with a friend who has FM, and we're taking the dog of another friend, and go fully supplied, planning on staying for some hours, just lounging and watching the ocean. it's my dream! (after these past weeks of overdoing on someone else's behalf every day, or recovering from same) sascha
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

A nice way to enjoy some fresh air and these beautiful summer days in comfort.
  7. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Shannon, that's great that you've discovered a way to be outside and get some fresh air, but still be able to rest. I love the fresh air and the sun. Something about it just makes me feel so alive. I've been taking my son over to my parents house alot this summer, and we've been going swimming. I just love being outside in the sun and enjoying the warm water of the pool. The only problem is after being in the sun, I break out in a rash all over. It's something new for me.

But, still, I will not let my disease stop me from getting the fresh air and enjoying the summer sun. Even if later on in the day I end up feeling absolutely drained.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I haven't been using my reclining camp chair lately. Good for you for getting outside.

Kholmes