Loungers #12

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spacee, Dec 22, 2009.

1. spacee

spacee Member

On the 12th Day of Christmas my true love gave to me....

Vic, I had the same idea about the paint but you have probably ruled that out.

This has been a very tired day. I think this may very well be the last year we doing anything for Christmas. We have been hanging on to it like a rusty nail but there comes a time that the kids start their traditions. I don't feel down about it at all. There are seasons for everything.

My twin is going to have her thyroid out after Christmas. Yikes, I guess I will be spending some of the winter like ya'll live. Rats, (that is a southern saying, if you are not familiar with it). It means Darn. My cognitive abilities are worse than any family member really notices. The Orlando airport is enormous. Well, I think I can make it.

We could tell by our 60 birthday pics that her neck was a lot bigger than mine. I asked her how she felt about it. She said "Strangely unalarmed". I said, "Yes, a lot of our brain cells have died". The C word was mentioned as a maybe.

Yes, Fay, I do love everyone here. But that is cause we are in the same boat. I do not feel that way about normals at all. I feel totally misunderstood. It is the way it is so I am very, very happy to have you all here.

Gotta to go make the burned ham. DH likes it so well, we had it twice last week.

His glucose is up some. Doctor said to cut out carbs. I have been thinking about it and I think he eats pretty well. He loves salads, always has. Hmmm.

Oh, boy, this has been a health post mainly. I'll be back when I can think of something else.
    Hope that is sooner rather than later...snicker.

Oh, yes, anyone gotten any new glasses? I think we have gone a whole month!

Love you ALL

2. jole

jole Member

Just a quick try before I'm off to bed. See if the problem is solved with this volume.

Burned ham sounds wonderful, Spacee..just the way we like it also! Unfortunately, I don't have many teeth left and it's a little hard to eat :)

Nothing wrong with a health post....I hope everything goes great for your sis with her surgery! Will be thinking of her and you with the traveling......airports make me feel like a mouse in a maze. Have no sense of direction, everywhere looks the same, and those conveyer belts make me soooo off balance. Worse than a huge "fun house".

Hi to everyone! It's starting with the freezing rain here now, drats! We shall see what we shall see I guess............g'night!................Jole
  3. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Oh great,FIL doesn't want to go to Ind. now.Icy rain is hitting there tomorrow and cold front Xmas afternoon.I have all kinds of baked goods and dishes ready to go.What to do.My kids and grandkids will be so upset and I will too not to see each other.
    Just venting,we'll take it a step at a time.20+ relatives coming tomorrow evening.Husbands large family.I'm with Spacee we have to change this tradition.Every yr. I think I can't do it and every yr.I can't believe I did it.Somethings got to change.
    DH talked to his boss and he went to bat for keeping his position.He's been there longer then anyone and well liked so I think he won't get cut.Next quarter is a different story so I hope this economy picks up fast.
    DD moved into her house yesterday and I am over the moon for them.Blessed Christmas this yr. all in all.
    Fay I had a garden this last yr.That's why everyone got zucchini bread for gifts this yr.lol.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

my post never did show up here.

Well, I copied it luckily haha... so here it is:

Good luck to your twin re surgery, Linda!

I got some new glasses, and thankfully I did not need a magnifying lens to see what they look like, nor a computer simulation to picture me with them ;)

but that's cuz they're the kind that hold water...

Thanks all, for helping me to try to think it all thru re my headaches; I thought about the paint, but this recent bout started before I started (I go long periods in between - remember I started the great room last June maybe, and the room isn't all that 'great'). Yesterday after I painted the one 10x12 wall, we left for 3 hours; when we returned, I could smell it but it had already gotten cold out so couldn't keep the windows open. I turned on the fireplace, got the dampness out and (probably) helped it dry...

Anyway, no headache last night at all. I even got everything put away back into the pantry after getting home, AND it's all organized! (Amazing how much room there is when you organize!)

I almost always awaken with them, and they often go away by nightfall even if I do nothing but remain vertical. I'm usually coughing in the AM from the drainage (I can feel it). Never seems to correlate to anything at all; which is why I think it's likely related to some stealth pathogen. I don't have any more to even try except keeping on with my MP protocol which did break the 24/7 non-ending cycle. Even the ENT surgeon didn't recommend surgery for me, LOL.

Sure wish I could sleep vertically sometimes!

I used to get headaches as a teenager because...
    I painted with oils in my bedroom.
    With the door closed.
    Yessireee, nobody thought about it then! I've had 2 migraines since after being exposed to certain petroleum products.

Hope Fight will join us here?! Love her post of 'What NOT to do list', hehehe.

Well don't feel bad Linda, I would absolutely love to visit our kids and have them host us! I gave a significant amount of 'stuff' including some Christmas 'stuff', to my daughter- so it would be great for me whatever she did. But we're here and she's up there as is our son... and as I said, this year at least I welcome a quiet holiday.

Altho I'm certain there will be a LOT of 'Mexican alarm clocks' (cherry bombs) going off by Friday early AM and likely all weekend.

NOTE TO SELF: make myself go to bed early since I will be awakened by 5 AM those days! Maybe even thru NY's!?! Iyiyiyi caramba!

OK I did go to bed early (for me) and no mexican alarm clocks this AM :)) We'll see how long THAT lasts, tho.

What I find helps the most when my sinusitis headaches get this bad is to use a saline spray 3-4X/day. Somehow I always forget that!

I'm off to the store(s), an hour's drive away, with DH to get him a recliner...
    (My reward for going all that way is to get a Starbucks type decaf mocha coffee, LOLOL!)

TTY'all Later!- and hope you're having a good pain-free energy filled day!

5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I posted after Jole. I think I just deleted it accidentallly. Oh well, I'll talk to you all later.

6. spacee

spacee Member

Pam, what are you going to do with the food if you can't go? Do you northerners always have Plan B...like freeze it and thaw it out for New Years and go then?

No, I don't think that fil would be cooperative in his state. That IS hard.

Lucky you Vic...no cherry bombs! We've had our own success with our mexican neighbor's dog. I had a talk with the owner and told him that DH was getting older and his job was very stressfull and Toby's barking was really bothering him. Well, he acted like he couldn't do anything about it but HALLELUJAH, we haven't heard Toby since. Wonder what they did? Give him to the uncle who has some land?

After Rock said that Gordon made two meat loaves and Fay pointed out that they froze one of them, I had a bright idea to do that myself. Sometimes I get a bit of energy about 7 or 8pm.
    So, I did it!! And froze them. I made them into kinda hamburger size loaves and froze individually in foil. DH said that they were a 'welcome change'. LOL. Thanks for helping me out, you kids.

At least it got to 63 today so I didn't have to wear shoes. I do have on a winter sweater though and sweatpants but that is ok. The difference is that in the summer our thermostat is on 78 and now it is 72. brrr. I am enjoying sleeping at 68!

I was watching "What not to Wear" , I think is the name of the tv show. Their victim was from Miami, they brought her up to NYC when there was snow on the ground, yet managed to find her very summery clothes that would be suitable for Miami. Interesting to me.

Poor Fay, a runaway post. That's ok, it was the time and effort you put into that counts...really!

Fight's thread is really good. Another one of the creative ones on Chit Chat!

Love and hugs to all!

7. jole

jole Member

Pam, what a dilema you have on your hands! So many times once they decide something there's no changing their minds...but maybe he'll come around so you can go. I know how much you were looking forward to being with your kids. You've put so much effort into all this!

Victoria, I'm glad you like your glasses! (You had me there for a minute!!) I really do understand your headaches. Well, not completely. Mine aren't sinus related, just plain ole migraines. They're horrible, and I can't take any of the meds to get relief, so just have to wear them out. The only thing that seems to help at all is Excedrin Migraine - if taken early enough, but they mess with my stomach.

Spacee, I've done the mini meatloaves before and frozen them. Works great, and can really be a lifesaver. Haven't done that for awhile now though, so it was a good reminder.

Yes, I read Fight's thread. Interesting...lol...amazing how one thing can lead to another in such a short time. Of course, her first post pretty much covered everything!

Well, I've been watching the weather outside....ice, snow, sleet, wind...brrrr. The wind chill tomorrow night is to be -10. Our trees are covered in ice and the branches hanging to the ground. I can hear them crackling in the wind out there. And I feel so sorry for all the animals out there, and sorrier yet for all the people who are too poor to have adequate heat or no home at all. We are blessed!
  8. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

My bad, I put a post on the old volumn, can you tell I haven't been here much this year? LOL!

Here's what a wrote:

Hi all!

Rocky, lol, I loved the bit about Dolly Pardon saying she's never there, lol.

I can't always sit down and read a book. I'm not sure why. Unless it has to do with a short attention span, or maybe that I don't like the book enough??? I'm not sure. Sometimes I can skim read a book, but then lose interest in it quickly.

Don't you love it when people tell you the book is better than the movie? I use to be one of those people, lol, but not anymore. I end up falling asleep, and/or losing interest, and/or both, unless it is a how-to-book, or something I'm really fascinated in, like song-writing and such. I do write poetry and some songs, but that's about it.

Fight :)
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Too pooped to post. Well, you wouldn't understand if you haven't been
    there. Oh, wait. You all have.

I'm hoping to feel a little peppier after my afternoon nap.

Fight, great to see you back again. I am still reading, but more and more
    I have trouble keeping track of the characters.

In the words of my Norskie ancestors, a wish for all my dear friends:
    God Jul og Godt Nytt Ar!

10. victoria

victoria New Member

Hope you have quality time with your nap, Rock.

Fight, I have the same problem with reading. Movies
    are easier, but I often find myself losing interest as well.

The only thing I can 'read' are my art books -
    but of course most of those have a LOT of photos, LOL.
    The only other thing I 'read' are audiobooks, a true livesaver
    when I just need to rest or can't sleep at night.
    TG the libraries now have a program to download them!

Well, I will make my greeting truly 'international':
    "Gajan Kristnaskon"
    which is Esparanto for Merry/Happy Christmas.

Or- in the case of my German ancestors:
    Froehliche Weihnachten und ein gluckliches Neues Jahr!

Well, I know there are no penguins in the Arctic,
    but they might take up 'Eskimo/Inuit' IF they were & say:
    Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!

(I'm no language scholar, jejeje, I went to
    http://feliznavidad.aztecahosting.com/ )

PS - no headache awakening me this AM :)
    Things TO do for myself:
    write a sign to remind myself in the bathroom -

And, DH had a good night of sleep in his new recliner,
    double Yay!

[This Message was Edited on 12/24/2009]
  11. bct

bct Active Member

I am too pooped to post too! So what the heck am I doing?

Victoria, I'm glad you didn't have a headache this a.m. I often wake with them, not pain too much, but pounding like drums; usually goes away when I am vertical -- something I think you mentioned too. Anyways, I hope tomorrow is not too noisy for you! Do you like Hopper? I love him.

Rock, I'm with you today, let's nap together.

Hugs to all,
    And to all a good Nap.

12. victoria

victoria New Member

I have unconsciously composed a couple of paintings in sort of Hopper's style... didn't know it til someone pointed it out, actually.

LOL had to think twice before answering; Dennis Hopper came to mind first... I *was* going to ask if he painted, too? (So many singers/actors do, as it's all right brain activity.)

I sure wish I could sleep in a recliner, it would help everyone if being horizontal causes problems... We were reading that actually elevating the head of the bed MORE than the recommended 8-10" usually works best for gastric reflux for starters!

I'm afraid I'd end up sliding out the bottom of the bed tho....

My main 'job' today is to make brownies.... LOL!

13. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I cannot post much. Too big a day, but I wanted to pop in before I go to bed to wish you all a nice Christmas. Remember any of you who are having a bad day that you are not alone. There are many of us in the same boat. Let's have the best Christmas we possibly can. I love all of you.

Christmas Hugs,
  14. spacee

spacee Member

Took a long nap today. Told my son that I needed more hours in my afternoon. He suggested that I put in a request to Santa.

We are going to have exactly what I think Christmas isn't. It is going to be on the 27th and all but 2 know what they are getting because they picked it out. And then I wrap it and we all have a nice Christmas but it's the 27th. Guess you can tell the holidays do not put me in a good mood.

Well, I know I am depressed and I can't take the samE any longer. I tried some yesterday and the ulcer in my stomach pain came right back.

Poor me....such a pity party. And I can only get me to come to it!

I want to read a book so bad. I am going to the library and find one easy enough for me. My bedroom has been in disarray for sometime. Since we put the baby bed in there which has been used 5 times in 2 years. So, got it out and it has cheered me up to have a lamp back by my bed. Didn't know how much I had missed it. I'm going to read a book, I know I am.

I have an Edward Hopper poster. It is the one of the Silbers Pharmacy. Prescription Drugs, EX-Lax. It is right above my computer. Yes, I have that weird kind of sense of humor.

Wish ya'll were here. John is here (kid's friend) and his birthday is the 23rd so we always have birthday cake when he comes. It's red velvet and very, very good. Thank you JOHN!!

Ok, I am going to look for something and if I find it, I will post again.

FelizNavidad is all I know too...since I sang in the Spanish Choir some years ago. And, no, I don't speak Spanish. The key was to sit next to someone who sang really loud. hehe

Love you all so much.

15. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

There's a new medicine out that helps with FMS/CFS and depression together, according to my doc. I've forgotten the name of it, but when they call me to come pick it up, as it is coming through the mail, I will let you know the name and if it helps me.

Zinc tablets help cure ulcers, as do Jalepeano peppers. Both are known to cure most ulcers. Also the man who found out that a chemical in Pepto Bismol kills the bacteria that causes ulcers won a Nobel Peace Prize! The other reason for getting ulcers is not bacteria related, but certain meds cause the ulcers, like OTC anti-inflammatories like Aleve, Ibuprophen, and aspirin. Dr. Oz says to chew up the aspirin in the mouth and then wash it down with water, so that way the stomach doesn't end up getting an ulcer in it.

Its too bad that medicines have bad reactions within many people.

16. victoria

victoria New Member

It is weird how we all react so differently. I have a recurring duodenal ulcer,
    always end up taking prilosec when it kicks up. But I've never had a problem
    taking samE. It's ok for a while unless I eat certain foods too often -
    especially jalapeno.

I would think the jalapeno would kill bacteria? (tho I come up negative on the
    h. pylori test)

Have you had the h. pylori test, Linda? I have read drinking cabbage juice
    every day can do the trick, but think they've linked that to its bacteria killing
    ability, not sure.

I think I'm figuring it won't help me because the thought of drinking it turns me off... how's that for denial. Likely it has other properties that might be beneficial.

I have found aloe vera gel (gloppy but you can mix with water) and/or aloe
    capsules are very helpful. Also, besides zince, 2,000 mg of L-carnosine daily
    is supposed to help heal ulcers, along with DGL (deghlycerrinized licorice) but
    the DGL must be chewed about 20 minutes before eating. They work quite
    well; I just can't find any more here. :(

Well, I finally got my brownies into the oven; waiting for the wonderful fragrance
    of double chocolate truffle Ghiardelli brownies to waft thru the house, LOL! I
    thought I was done, when I suddenly remembered that I was at 7,000 feet and
    needed to make adjustments. Thankfully all I had to do was add a bit of wheat
    flour and water (otherwise one lowers the amount of baking soda).

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Having a friend or 2 drop by tomorrow, it's
    the only thing I was planning on serving with coffee, LOL, so it better turn out!

My favorite artists run the range from realism to semi-abstract ...

So, I love Klimt's landscapes in particular plus his other 'decorative style'paintings, Wyeths (including Jamie), Hopper, Dali, Van Gogh of course, and Bonnard, and others I can't think of right now...

but also Hundertwasser, Diebenkorn, and some others whose names I'm also
    blocking on, including many in the Fauve movement.

I once visited the Dali musuem in St. Pete FL, was amazed from how tiny to
    how large he actually painted. I never pay attention to sizes when I look in a
    book. Paintings anyway are so different when viewed in person!

My daughter once took out a Time-Life series book about the paranormal, there
    was an artist in there whose paintings were reproduced that were phenomenal,
    sure wish I could remember his name.

Well, him and many others I've forgotten! LOL!

MMMm red velvet cake... never had it til I moved south. It just looks so good
    besides tasting good. Also never had a mint julep til going to one of the mansions
    by New Orleans -

Wow, that was truly refreshing and happy-making all at the same time!

Well my daughter's and son's 'Christmas present' now includes financing patching
    up a couple of their dogs.... some got into a nasty fight, they'll have to get rid of
    the instigator sadly.

I tried to warn them they had too many and a volatile mix at that. Sadly now
    they know Mom was right, sigh. Not that I wanted to be.

Having a comfortable night, but can't wait for the brownies to be done (can smell
    them already!!!!) and go to bed. I forgot to take my melatonin before bed last night,
    was wondering why I kept awakening all night.

It suddenly dawned on me at dawn!

sweet dreams everyone, hope Santa visits for real!

[This Message was Edited on 12/24/2009]
  17. jole

jole Member

Just wanted to wish all my dear friends everything you wish for, and thank you for being here for me. So many of us don't have friends in our "real" life, and you more than make up for it! It's amazing that so many people from different areas and lifestyles can become so close, isn't it?

At any rate, I too am off to bed, but needed to let you all know you're thought of warmly tonight and I hope you all have a fantastic day tomorrow....whatever it may hold for you! And if it's not a good day...remember it's only 24 hours long. See you soon! All my love......Jole
  18. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I slept most of the day. I've been having my monthly and that makes me really tired. I didn't get the baking done that I said I was going to get done.

My mother cancelled Christmas due to surgery she had on 09-22-09 on her thyroid gland, where she had a benign tumor about 22 cm in size, I think, maybe I got the measurement wrong. I'll ask her again. It kept on growing through, so she had to have it removed.

I think I may go back to bed again if I don't get up any energy. I slept 3/4th the day and am still extremely tired, and somewhat sore. Yawn!!!!!!!!!!

My mother emailed me tonight, asking me to go to my brother's house for Christmas. The last time I did that I got reamed on by my brother's nasty wife. Plus I don't want to venture out in this nasty weather. It is unbelievably cold outside in this nasty storm we have going on in SouthCentral WI. Freezing rain, icy roads, horrible wind gusts that make 22 - 18 degrees F feel like 10 or 5. Anyway, every time I went to my brother's house, I have regretting going because his wife is so mean to me for no good reason.

19. spacee

spacee Member

I woke up at 11:30am. I decided to just "pretend" I work the 3pm-11pm shift. haha. Cause for some reason I can get a little depressed at waking up then when the normals are on the other time table.

Fight, you are so right...do not go to the sis in law's house to be treated poorly by her. Tell her Spacee said you can't go! :)

A little known fact. There is a warehouse in the northeast tip of Alabama that managed to get a contract with airlines to buy their unclaimed luggage and sell the suitcases and their contents.

The number one thing that is left at airports this warehouse deals with are DALI prints. I could just roll on my back laughing about that one. "It seemed like such a good idea at the museum but now I don't think it will fit in my house".

I have been to that same museum in St. Pete, Vic. It was really good. We took the tour so we could get a better idea of what the paintings meant. By we, I mean my twin and her hubby. My DH hasn't darkened the door of an art museum that I am aware of. :))

Ok, my friends. Last nite I decided that I could probably read books on a 7th grade level. So I googled 7th grade reading lists. Boy, that was a surprise. A lot of death, gang violence, magic, reincarnation, having to choose if you wanted to be rich with other people or poor with your family.

I am going to tell you right now, I am not in favor of reincarnation after this DD. But I am thinking I am going to read what the younger ones are reading (or some of it). I sorta new that we have moved so far past the Victorian period, the agriculture period that there was going to be something really different. Also, books have to be really face paced or different to hold their interest compared to tv and movies.

My neices and nephew are home schooled and when their mom got MRSA of the lung (awful) and was in ICU, my twin and I went to take care of the kids which included home schooling.
    I mainly did the laundry and asked the 7 yr old his questions. Twin did the reading, math ect. I do remember that they were reading about Thomas Jefferson, not reincarnation, or being killed and going to Elsewhere.

Luckily their mom's sister came and one of her could do double what my twin and I could do...so I exited.

I am going to take all the ulcer recommendations into consideration. I saw my doc a week ago and mentioned it but he wasn't interested in talking about it. Darn, I should have thrown in the blood test when I got the other one done.

Fight, sadly (pun intended) I can't get my serotonin levels up too high or I have fetal position skin pain. I might try a half an elavil to raise it a bit but not too far. Will see.

It's rained off and on here. I still have on my beloved flannel robe and pj pants and cami. We visited with the Netherlanders via Ichat. Ruby showed me her red velour twirl skirt (that her mom expects she will be wearing everyday til it wears out). And I showed her how my robe and pj's works with the tie and all. snicker.

I Love you All!!!

20. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

What is elavil???

I'm dreaming of a soggy wet Christmas! Just like the one I had last year.
    With *now slidding off the roofs, and mud puddled in the streets...
    And you hear cars splashing water every where.................................
    I'm dreaming of a soggy wet Christmas, and look outside my dream came true....
    May all of my Christmases be wet with delight............................
    And may all of my Christmases be gray, soggy, and white..........

Fight :)

P.S. - Good news! Its at my mother's house, but I thought it was my brother's because my brother and his wife are bringing the food. I'm bringing deserts. Just found this out a few hours ago.

What are DALI prints???

Also, my mom had MRSA. Yep, I said Had. Weird thing, the doc said she doesn't have it anymore. Or maybe she got it confused and confused me, which I add is easy to do since I'm blonde. Anyway, I never got it as much as I've been around her. I got tested for it, too. I'm not a carrier, nor have I ever had it. Yet I've gotten many other things. So why not MRSA? I've had a lot of infections in the past in which I had to take many antibiotics over my lifetime. Yet, no MRSA. I must have a resistant gene from my father's side of the family? Maybe all of my viruses kept me immune from it????

[This Message was Edited on 12/25/2009]