Loungers # 22

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Feb 10, 2010.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

OK, Kids. Let's all line up by our desks and march out to the playground.

How are the threads here like the Bible? Once they were scrolls; now they
    are on pages.

I don't think Fight is 3 sheets to the wind (as my mother used to say). I think
    she is exuberant. How do you get over being exuberant? You cross out the
    "uber". ("Uber" is German for "over" as in "Deutschalnd uber Alles".)

I'll be back later. (Well, I couldn't be back earlier, could I?)

2. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I hope you come back on soon Fight I'm sure you were being teased in good fun.We all support your dreams.You really liven up the place with your fun loving personality.I promise not to use the S* word again.My dad,who's passed used to say that.
  3. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I'm the one who said that. I was trying to be silly. I was referring to the pengy stuff, not your dreams. I want you to pursue your dreams. I believe we all do. No way was I making fun of that. I was thinking the pengy thing was a little extreme. Silly. I was trying to be silly too.

Please forgive me for hurting your feelings. I didn't mean to do that. I hope you'll come back soon.

4. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I've dealt with a few of them too, so I can understant that. I won't say something like that again.

As awkward as it feels right now, can we try and move forward?

Do you Tweet? I was wandering if any of you guys Tweet. I've not done it, but I've thought about it. How about you?

5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Take the time you need.

I understand. My father was an abusive alcoholic too. He died when I was 18 yrs. and it was the happiest day of my life.

If your father is an alcoholic he will never grow up. He doesn't have the ability. I don't want to crush that dream for you, but alcoholics do not grow up. There are others on this thread who have been where you are in relation to your father. Please consider staying and talking about it. Several of us were abused by an alcoholic parent. We can support each other. None of us needs to be alone.

Having said that, I repeat, take the time you need. We will be here when you come back.

6. spacee

spacee Member

Take your time Fight and get better.

No one hear would purposely try to hurt another, I truly don't believe.

We love you and each other.

My fil was an alcoholic when his kids were growing up. Beat my sil so bad she
    couldn't go to school for a week. She was a teenager, worked and kept good grades
    but it wasn't enough for him. Called her 'rebellious' till the day he died. What
    a tyrant. Big relief to me when he passed.

Love all of you. I need you kids. I really don't have anyone else.

7. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I truly regret saying such a dumb thing. I never suspected I was hurting anyone's feelings. Wow! I wish I had known.

I love all you guys too. And I'll bet alcohol has touched all our lives in one way or another. We are all hurt in some way by this drug. I did my share of therapy to recover from abuse issues. It was the hardest 5 years of my life.(the therapy). But, I learned to take back my personal power, I'm not a bad person because of my father, and I don't have to be a victim. I pray we all could learn those lessons. The alcohol had nothing to do with us. Neither did the abuse.

Spacee, thank you for posting your loving message to all of us. You are a dear person. I, for one, need you too.

Have the best day possible everyone.

I love you, Fight.

8. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Where is Victoria?

Barry you and all the others with warm weather post away with as much detail as possible about how the heat feels,the flowers look,and anything green within sight.I need the memories right now lol.

What are you up to Spacee?Anything new and interesting going on?

Fay are you hanging in there ok?My cousin says Spring is around the corner.I do not tweet but have MySpace and Facebook accounts for family and a few friends.I only like to send them notes in letter form to catch up or tell them something.I've seen way more information posted by the younger ones then I wanted to know so I don't stay on long.

Brain foggies are in full force lately.Sun. DH was deep frying up some hot wings and I unplugged the fryer.He didn't find out until he went to get them,three times this week I've cleaned up after dinner,loaded the dishwasher and put in the soap and went upstairs.I wonder about it a couple hrs. later and send DH to check and sure enough I forgot to turn it on.
    I leave the electric burners on lots of times.We laugh about it what else can you do?I amaze myself though.

Take care hope your energy picks up Rock.
  9. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I'm doing okay but need to hear Spring news too. We have another 20 inches of snow on top of last weeks 24 inches. It's so stifling. Snow removal is very slow because it's windy and drifting as fast as plowed, also there's just no where to go with the snow. I won't get my car dug out for probably a week.

Someone mentioned they think Victoria might have computer problems. I think so too. Hope she is back soon.

Speaking of letting the electric burners on, do you know what I mean about those burner covers you put over top of the burners when the stove is turned off to keep them nice and clean? They are usually very decorative and made of metal. Well, I was developing a problem with accidentally turning on the wrong burner when I put something on the stove. Twice, I turned on a burner under the burner covers instead of the one I was actually cooking on! Smoked the whole apartment up! Lucky I didn't burn the place down. I had to throw the burner covers away as I do not trust myself with them any more.

Have a good day, Pam.

P.S. Edited because I cannot spell today.

[This Message was Edited on 02/11/2010]
  10. spacee

spacee Member

Fay, you made me laugh about the burner covers...glad you didn't burn the place down either!
    I had been thinking about getting some but now I won't. I'm not good at getting the correct
    one on and I never thought about that!

Pam. I just hate to tell you about our weather when some of us have it so bad! But I guess when it is great for the *now people, it is 100 degrees here.

I had to go to UPS today and on the way I saw about 10 sandhill cranes in an empty lot.
    I have never seen that many together. They seemed to have found something good to
    eat there. They like insects. And we have plenty in Florida.

It is going to be slow here for the flowers to show. Because of that long hard freeze we had.
    Some people have planted annuals but all the dead stuff looks really bad.

Since we are not getting a new kitchen (!) too many other things to fix. I have finally found what to clean the cabinets with....windex! I found it on google. I just to a little bit everyday
    when I am heating up my hot tea. I am slowing making progress. I'm in no hurry!

11. spacee

spacee Member

In other news. I am keeping a sleep journal. I am a little scared to have to tell my doc
    that I changed the amount of klonopin without asking permission :(

It is very clear that I need 12 hours straight in bed either sleeping, trying to go to sleep, or
    mimicing sleep. For about a year or so, I have been ok with midnight to noon but I am trying
    for 10pm to 10am. (the 12 hours does not include reading or doing my word puzzle book).

The doc is pretty agreeable about things but since he also rx's ritalin, I have to show proof that I am not using the klonopin and ritalin as downers and uppers as in how the movie stars do.

One thing that is coming up soon is having a retaining wall put in the yard to fix the erosion.
    I have actually driven one wheel off of the driveway pulling out and had to call a tow truck
    to get me back on the driveway. (A little known fact is I have had a LOT of experience with
    tow trucks). That is why we have B/P Auto (like AAA). They don't make much money off me.

Well, got to make the ham and veggies.

Victoria...hoping you get online again soon!!

Love to all!!

12. jole

jole Member

Fight, I am so sorry. I know I'm the one who hurt your feelings, and I didn't mean to. I should have known better than to put that. I was in no way making fun of you! You were just so contagiously happy about your trip, and I was very happy for you. I didn't mean to spoil any of it for you!

I understand why you feel the way you do about it, as does Rock, who saw through it right away! Me, well....my brain just doesn't work the best sometimes. I didn't live with an alcoholic parent, but my brother was an alcoholic and we put him in treatment or he would have gone to jail for what he did. My dad was downright abusive, which is why my bro drank.

Guys, if I'm insensitive to any of you, please call me out by name, okay? I would rather you do that than someone else feel they were to blame. You are all very dear to me and I don't want to lose any of you as a friend. Thanks.

Having a couple bad days here, so just got on. Hope to be back later. Love ya...........Jole

13. jole

jole Member

Never been much of a tea drinker in cold weather!

Fight, I've got faith in you, and although you're going through a rough crossroad right now with making life-changing decisions, just know whatever you do will be okay. If you go, you don't have to stay forever; if you stay, you can always leave :) Love ya..........Jole
  14. jole

jole Member

Speaking of fog, Pam, I really needed to do laundry today. Did a load of towels and they were on the rinse cycle when I remembered I didn't put any detergent in. Then tried running a load of dishes (we have an old portable washer) and thought it was broken. Forgot to plug it in. Went out to water the animals and stepped in their water bowl...I'd already done it! Not a good day.

Fay, I too need some warm weather stories, although today was fairly nice here. Got up to 40 with no wind. My doggie was actually panting after the high of 11 yesterday! We missed the snow this last time, and it really didn't hurt my feelings any at all :)

Spacee, I can just picture the cranes standing in the parking lot. Makes me smile.

I wonder why our sleep patterns change so much? When I first got sick I slept 16-20 hours a day. My doc had a fit! I told her I wanted to be up, I just couldn't be. She acted like I slept 'cause I wanted to!

Now, I'm more like Rock part of the time. Will sleep a total of a few hours at night with a couple naps during the day for a few weeks or months, then back to the 12 hours to survive stuff and still be constantly tired. Don't like either, not that it makes any difference...lol.

Whatever it is that's wrong with us is amazing, to have so much control over the things that we once controlled. Sometimes I think our bodies have been invaded by aliens!! (Makes about as much sense as anything else most days).

Victoria, I hope your computer is back up and running soon. I told my daughter I'm trying to talk hubby into moving to Mexico. She was NOT happy with me. Too far away.

Hope everybody's doggies are doing well, and the neighbor's doggies are quiet. Hugs.....Jole
  15. rockgor

I belong to the same unhappy club. When my mother called to tell my
    my father died, I suggested what she put on the tombstone: Liar, Drunk

Any 12 step groups where you are? Alanon and Adult Children of Alcoholics
    are specifically for us. Personally I found Emotions Anonymous was the
    group that helped me the most.

W/ regard to writing, have you run into Writers' Market. I think it is both
    a magazine and an annual book. The book lists markets for writers of
    magazine articles, children's books, mysterious and songs.

I used to read all the back issues of the magazine at the library. Sold some
    stuff too. A homemaker's tip and some greeting cards. Made enough money
    to buy a desk.

Don't know if there are any books devoted to songwriting. Have you checked?

16. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I'm doing laundry now too.Think I put the soap in hmm.Thank goodness they have dryer sheets now instead of trying to catch the rinse cycle for softener.
    I never used the burner lids but boy that would be an accident waiting to happen for me.

Tell me more about the windex for cabinet cleaning.What about for oak wood cabinets.Mine are dingy and a wax is to difficult to rub in hard enough and other cleaners leave a oily sheen.When we move to Florida no oak anything I'm so sick of it.

Rock your statement to your mom didn't shock me.I can understand.Both parents drunks was a nightmare of a childhood and I was finally able to make peace with it but with them both deceased it's so much easier.My three sisters are still pretty scarred but I can't help them anymore.

Oh,wish me luck you all.An old girlfriend called early this morning on her way to work to invite us out to an early dinner and then a wine bar after.She said we would eat before 5 and get out of the tasting at 6.Well I was high on my morning coffee and caught off guard and said ok.
    I'm having a good day but I figure if we're following them we can leave if I can't stay.I can't drink but maybe I could take a sip of a couple.It would be a normal activity for a change.I want to try.There will be six of us and we all used to go to Vegas and Chicago all the time together.It's been yrs. since we've gotten together.I always have to say no and she stopped calling a yr. ago.Don't overthink it that's what I need to do.That and carry my xanax lol.
  17. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Lost my post last evening, then went to bed.

I found Alanon very helpful and feel I gained alot of healing there. Everyone must find their own path to healing, but as you can see, Fight, we do know where you are coming from. I hope you can get away from your dad. Distance would give you your own space to relax and enjoy your life.

Pam, Good Luck! Hope you enjoy your time out. I like the taste of wine, also like the taste of beer. But, I've always avoided too much of either because of my own childhood. Once in a while I enjoy a non-alcoholic beer.

I would never be able to catch the rinse cycle to add fabric softener. I forget I'm even doing the laundry most of the time. haha. Luckily, my washer has a little compartment where you put the fabric softener in there before you start the washer.

Spacey, I use alot of Windex for cleaning too. If you use it on the lower cupboard, be careful not to get too much on the floor because it makes the floor sticky. Maybe you've already discovered this.

Rock, where did you find Emotions Anomous, if I may ask? I've never heard of that. Is it a Step program? If I could count on being able to get to meetings, I would go to Alanon once again. That's a wonderful group as far as I'm concerned.

Jole, hope you are having a better day. Isn't it frustrating whenever everything seems to go wrong?

Well, my neighbor lady's granddaughter shoveled my car out of the snow yesterday afternoon! Wow! I'm very thankful. Things are trying to get back to normal, but still no mail and no school. The sun is very bright and it's not too cold today.

Please send Robins my way.

Love to all,
  18. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Looks like the pengys went back into cyberspace after crashing the tea party.

Did anybody see my response on who I got to hear sing while visiting Nashville?

Bill Danoff, co-writer of the song "Country Roads" who he wrote with John Denver. That's one of my ultimate favorite country songs, and here he was just hanging out with us, and then he got up on top of the bar's counter and sang it to the packed-full audience!!!!

Also, I heard Johnny Cash's grandson sing, and his voice was spectacular!

It is shocking who you can see at the downtown establishments! The stars wanna have fun too and surprise the crowds!

Aaron Rogers, Packer's quarterback was at one of the bars, but I just missed him, said the singer of the band.

At first people don't believe it, but it is true that in Nashville, you can run into a lot of stars!

And, I may be superstitious or be making this more than what it is, but when I met Bill, and heard him sing, I felt it was a clear sign from God saying that I'm going in the right direction, as I kept on singing that song along with Rocky Top Tenneesee on the way down to TN.

Fight :)
  19. rockgor

Well, I hope to get to the library today. Library hours in CA have been reduced
    a couple times during the last 2 years. The latest is library only open 5 hours on
    Friday. HaHa! When I was a kid the village library was only open 5 hours a week.

Fay, yes, Emotions Anonymous is a 12 step program. Started about 1971. If you
    look on the net you can find the home site. Put in your zip code. It will tell you
    where the nearest meetings are.

I started going in 1984 or 85. I was in such a fog of depression, I don't know what
    year it was. Anyhoo, been going to two meetings a week for decades. The last
    several months I've had so little energy, I've only been able to get to a couple

Fight, never heard of Bill Danoff. Checked Youtube. He's there singing Country
    Roads. In 1971 I went to a barbershop quartet concert. Afterwards went to a friend's
    house. One of the quartets showed up and did some songs and we had a
    sing along. First time I heard the song Country Roads. Loved it ever since.

A few years earlier I went to a Chad Mitchell Trio concert in Minneapolis. John
    Denver was one of the members. Went backstage and talked to him after the
    show. He was very friendly. I got the impression he loved entertaining.

Have you been to the Bill Danoff website, Fight? It features dancing pengys. I believe
    they were lifted from the movie "Mary Poppins". Haha! If Disney finds out, it
    will probably sue. It is always suing nursery schools, etc. in order to protect its
    copyrights. So far as I know, it has not yet sued anydobby who has a Donald
    or Mickey tattoo.

By the way, it appears that both James Taylor and Dolly Parton have songs called
    "Country Road". Have never heard James Taylor. Dolly seems to have written a
    lot of songs, but I don't know of any good ones. I did like the CD she did w/ Lorettta
    Lynn and Tammy Wynette. I do think Dolly's been a bit old for some time to sing
    in that wispy little girl voice.

Maybe you could try a country road song too. Or how about a mystic road? Takes
    me back to days gone bye, when you and I were still together. When you didn't make
    me cry.

Lots of Dolly Parton jokes on the net. Here's one allegedly told by Dolly herself.
    Only thing worse than a giraffe w/ a sore neck, is Dolly Parton w/ a chest cold.

20. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Finally got some mail. Mailman hadn't gone since Tuesday before the snowstorm hit. I was out a little today and it felt good to have the sunshine flood over me and breathe the fresh air. Also visited with my neighbor.

Fight, I'm not familiar with the names of the stars you saw in Tennessee. I don't know much about that kind of music except that once a long, long time ago I was at the Grand Ole Opry. Does it still exist? I think I was there in 1967 or so. I liked country then. I don't like the kind of country music they play today. I do know who Dolly and Loretta are. I liked them years ago. I sort of outgrew them, I guess.

Rock, I searched Emotions Anonymous and cannot find any meeting close to me. Closest was about 40 miles. But, did you know they have Internet groups also? There's one in Indiana I might check into. I also found dailystrength.org - online support groups. I'm going to look into that maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the info about EA.

Must go and catch up on my newspapers. I have 3 days worth to read.

Hugs to all,