Loungers #32. Victoria said to start after Page 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spacee, Apr 3, 2010.

1. spacee

spacee Member

I try to do what I am told :) There is a good bit of info about substitute communion wafers,
    sheets, what to sleep in, and white legs...so go read!

And Fay's grandkids are just so sweet! Hold your hat, Fay. At age 13, our cousin who lived in the same town as our grandmother. Well, she 'dropped' Henny (grandmother's name) for her
    friends. Hopefully, yours won't do that.

Hillary's legs haven't been seen and all I can say is there is a reason. Though she definitely
    looks very professional in her attaire as she should be as Sec. of State!

Oh good grief. They are cleaning on QVC. Who wants to watch that? Scrubbing is a better word. Yuk.

Hi all MIA's. I am guessing you are reading but not posting. HELLO!!

Achey day today. Guess it is cause I did the semi annual cleaning of the porch. No wonder it
    doesn't get done more often. Left the ceiling to DH.

I don't know why ya'll sleep in clothes. Well, more than cami's and briefs. Don't cha get hot?
    You just leave a flannel robe on the floor to put on when you stagger out for the day.
    I sleep on a twin bed. And I have king size comforter I can't part with, tho aged. So I
    double it and crawl in like a sleeping bag. Hey, a new invention!

I just don't want to get up today. I should go ahead. Moving around is probably better.

Ok. And BTW Henny and Hilary have legs in common so it is genetic for me.

Off for a bath!

Love you kids,

2. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I just gotta start something here.

What I sleep in is a nightie. I've done so for the past 4 or 5 years, I guess. Before that, I always slept in briefs and a tee shirt. Then, when I realized how old I was becoming I remembered something my mother, rest her soul, always taught us. You never know when you're going to have to call an ambulance during the night, SO always wear something you wouldn't mind being seen in by the EMTs and the hospital workers.

Realizing that it's more likely as I get older that I'd have to call an ambulance during the night, I thought I'd better "dress up" the way my mother said. So, now I wear nighties. Hav en't been comfortable in 4-5 years!

What do you all think about dressing for the EMT's? LOL

Oh, Spacee, tell me about Hilary's legs-----please. I think my legs are more like Barbara Bush's. Especially my ankles. Just like Barbara's.

Speaking of the men politicians. I was watching Bill Clinton on C-Span, and his complexion was very, very flushed. His hands looked very white, but his face was red! You can come to your own conclusions about that.

Summer dresses. I love sundresses, don't you? Especially the ones with a border print. Any color. Pretty sundresses like we used to wear years ago. I agree today's fashion is not the greatest. I could never wear those cute little empire waist dresses or baby doll tops. Not for me. I like the classics. They are hard to find.

No, a breeze hitting my face doesn't bother me unless it also hits my arms and legs. It's weird. And no one in my family can understand why I cannot tolerate an open window. How do I explain it? My doctor understands it. He's heard it before.

Much love,

P.S. Here we go. Everybody fess up. What do you all sleep in?
  3. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

.....'cause I spent too much time cleaning today. I woke at 5-ish this morning. DH was getting ready to go to work (he's a volunteer at one of our local town ambulance companies) and I just decided to get up at the same time. I haven't been up that early in a looooooooong time (unless you count the times I was up all night and hadn't gotten to sleep yet!). I knew it was going to be a hot one today, so I decided to get some stuff done while it was still cool.

I've been workin' like a dog all day. Oh, wait a minute, that doesn't make sense......my dog has been laying around all day and didn't lift a finger to help me! But, boy-oh-boy, it feels so great to have accomplished things.

The first part of the week was absolutely horrible (health-wise) but the last 2 days I have felt so good. I don't know if it's the Remeron (sleeping better) or the Vitamin D, or just WHAT is is......but I'm loving it. Maybe it's just the nice weather. :D

I saw daffyills on my walk with the dog today. Yesterday it was crocii and today the daffydills. I just LOVE spring! Oh, and I saw a herd of robins too!

Regarding the tee-sheets.....my hubby and I had a set. The fabric was very comfortable but they seemed to stretch out pretty quickly.

Fay, your granddaughters sound like really sweet kids. I have a lot of good memories of time spent with my grandparents. And we all know that grandparents are much more fun than parents! And I've heard that grandchildren are much more fun than our own kids. I don't have any grandchildren yet. My 30 year old son will be getting married next May but I have a feeling they'll wait for a while.

However.......my son, who has an interesting sense of humor once said to me, "Well mom, I spent a lot of time in bars when I was younger, you may be a grandmother and not even know it!" Such a charmer....... wouldn't you say?! :) Kids......ya gotta love 'em.

I think it's time to add some more of the stuff I found in my desk at work. More e-mail goodies!

These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts and are things people actually said in court, word for word:

ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
    WITNESS: Yes
    ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
    WITNESS: I forget.
    ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?

ATTORNEY: Now, doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
    WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
    WITNESS: Oral.

OK, I guess that's enough for now. See y'all later.

4. spacee

spacee Member

They are totally different.

I just about got down on the floor (for real) to laugh about Fay's 'dressing up' at night for the EMT's. I gotta feeling I know why you have anxiety issues. I have never heard that one before!!

One of my brother's was a EMT for a while. I will have to ask him what he thought of the people's clothing that he worked on. I am still so laughing. Now he works in an OR and
    the people don't get to wear anything but a sheet (if they are lucky) there.

I do have this one EMT story. A friend told me that her g.mother loved to walk. Walked miles
    a day. Lived to be 90. When the EMT's came, the woman's nightie had worked it's way up during their administering whatever they do. The EMT's jaw dropped when he saw her legs.
    They were in such good shape. (That must have been a first!)

Hilary doesn't have ankles. They are technically called 'cankles' cause the calf goes right down to the foot. That's what runs in women on my mother's side.

Did ya'll read the first page where a ultrasound device the size of a cell phone has been
    invented that helps with muscle aches and joint paint. Could they hurry that thing out to
    the stores. It will be OTC. No rx needed.

Enough for me now too....LOVE YOU KIDS!!

HRN attorney jokes are always welcome...you just have to duck when Rock throws some
    paper at you!

5. spacee

spacee Member

Told DH about Fay's dressing up to go to sleep for the EMT's. He did laugh out loud and it is
    very hard to make him laugh.

Needless to say, I was rolling while I told him!

Love to all,

6. spacee

spacee Member

Had to confess. I am feeling pressure already to 'dress' for bed...just incase. I mean, one never knows.

I did read in Blink that when it comes to dialing 911 that alot of people dail 411 instead. He said that it would be a good idea to have a few practice calls. Can't help but wonder what the 911
    operators think about this. "Oh, no bother Sweetie. We are just have a practice 911 drill".

I read that just last nite!

7. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I never heard of such a thing. I'll have to check that out the next time Hilary is on TV and the camera gets a full-length shot of her. Is that possible?(I mean about the no ankles).

Fay :)
  8. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

See, when you really think about it, you'd better look presentable when you go to bed because you may have to dial 911 and be too sick to grab your robe and put it on. Better wear a nightgown. LOL!

It's my mother's fault. (Mother blame). She made me a nervous wreck!

Oh, by the way, whenever I've gone to the OR I always wear a hospital gown. When I wake up in Recovery the gown is sorta over/around me. Is there no dignity???

LOL. What do the others wear to bed? Bet the guys don't post. haha.

9. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Oh - this is going to a fun thread!

Fay - do you put make-up on and wear heels too? You story sounds like the old "are you wearing clean underwear? 'Cause you never know when you might get in a car accident!" Fay, you comment about "mother blame" reminds me of one of my favorite sayings........"I'm on a guilt trip and my mother's my travel agent!" My mom and I laugh about that one alot. I'm not sure if I WANT to know what the guys wear (or not) to bed!! BTW, my honey is an EMT. He also got a kick out of the EMT/nightie story!

Spacee - what's "Blink?" I've seen it mentioned several times and was just wondering. I hope I don't offend Rock with the lawyer jokes. My ex-husband is an attorney and he's pretty offensive so I thought it would be OK to put the jokes on the board. Actually, he and I have an amicable relationship now, although it wasn't alway that way (a story for another day!!).

As for me, I'm usually a panty/old t-shirt kind of gal. I feel too constricted if I wear pajama bottoms. And I can't stand to wear socks. Sometimes I even stick my feet out of the covers in winter.

OK, well.....think I'll have some dinner now. I've got a doozie of a headache.

More later - Jan
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2010]
  10. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

....maybe we should call ourselves The Lounge Lizards!
  11. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Where did you see this? What did you mean by "the first page?" It sounds interesting and I'd like to read more.

"Did ya'll read the first page where a ultrasound device the size of a cell phone has been invented that helps with muscle aches and joint paint. Could they hurry that thing out to the stores. It will be OTC. No rx needed."

12. spacee

spacee Member

I clicked back and came back into the post like I was doing it for the first time (right now)
    and they were back.

HRN on the homepage of this site. Not at the top but about half way down, they have the
    "latest" on things about CFS and FM. That is what I mean about the 1st page. HOME PAGE.

Darn, now I can't remember what I was going to post. Ok. I will be back in a sec. Going to
    reread the post.

Ok, HRN...you have had 2 good days! I bet it is the sleep. Way to go!! We are glad for you!!!

Blink is the name of a book that Rock recommended to me. It is written by the
    same man who wrote Tipping Point (which I have but haven't read) and a couple of other's Rock has recommended.

Fay, my mother and father did exactly the same things to us. Well not the nighties. They told us about every horror story they had ever heard...like my
    dad knew a girl who accidently blinded herself with scissors when she was sewing.

I put a stop to it in adulthood when I realized that Mother (while visiting) was reading to my elementary school kid about all the traffic accidents. I told her to "stop reading the 'obits'" She got the point and didn't do it again.

It's a that time again. I am a hour past due!

Sleep well, dear ones.

13. victoria

victoria New Member

I remember my in-laws watching the news every night and then talking about all the most horrible things reported on TV... was the main topic of conversation if we were there. We finally had to tell them to stop.

Season makes all the diff for me for pj's... without central heating, I wear the fuzzy stuff to keep warm! Otherwise I go for oversized tees! (fuzzy stuff= microfleece)

If'n the guys are too modest to post, I'm betting they do what my DH does - he strips down to whatever temp he needs, LOL.

I can attest to being careful how you're dressed at ALL times....
    just to make you all even more worried, LOL...

I had a very em-bare-assing time when my GI system seized up from oxycodone after a car accident .... just had my oversized tee on, nada mas. I ended up on the bathroom floor. Had to yell to DH to call the ambulance as I couldn't move. One of the volunteer EMTs was our appliance repair guy :(

OK that was probably TMI, right? Just had to pass that on so everybody can be careful at all times tho, LOL.

Well today I got youtube to work again for me, finally... don't know how long it'll last tho....

dulce suenos y'all!

14. HRNsotherhalf

HRNsotherhalf New Member

For the past few months, my wife (HeavenlyRN) has been telling me about the great group of folks here on this site. I decided to log on and see for myself what has captivated her (and helped keep her sanity) in light of the upcoming surgery she will behaving this week. She has asked me to keep all of her friends here informed as to her condition following the surgery, and I will be posting updates until she recovers.

I haven't had a chance to read all the threads here, but I see that there is some concern about attire should you require the aid of an EMT in the middle of the night.....Let me tell you all, we all are trained to protect peoples modesty at all times. When we respond to a call, there is only one thing on our minds... provide whatever care we can within our scope of practice, and to assure that the patient can be transported to the nearest facility with a higher level of care when required, and that you arrive there hopefully in a better condition than when we picked you up.

That being said, there are situations that require us to "expose" affected areas. There is nothing that "Shocks" an experienced EMT when if comes to Human anatomy....we have seen more than we care to already... do what we have to do, then cover the patient up.

We all carry good, strong scissors that can cut through any clothing that get's in our way, and will use them if time, or patient mobility is an issue. If you want to make our lives a little easier, let me offer a few suggestions as to attire:

- a night shirt with buttons down the front with short sleeves
    - pants that can easily be slid up to above the knee

more important...

- VALID advanced directives and DNR orders easily accessible to EMS (Red Envelope wherever you keep your medicines)
    - An up to date list of your medications
    - Allergies
    - Doctors name and number
    - What Hospital you wish to be transported to (note: in some areas with several hospitals, each one may have their specialty or the ED is at capacity, the EMT may make an alternate recommendation, please be open to the advise :) )
    - History of ALL conditions and diagnosis of previous conditions and surgeries
    - Family contact information

Most of all, If you are in severe pain, or are experiencing ANY life threatening symptoms, DO NOT DELAY calling for help. We would much rather be able to have a conversation with you on the way to the hospital, than the alternative....

15. spacee

spacee Member

That was really good info you gave us. Here we are worried bout 'coverage' and those 'more important' things had slipped my mind.

The couple of times we have had to used ambulances, I was awake and able to say which hospital. I would hate to think that DH would have to come up with what I take.

Ok, will do!

And thanks so much for thinking ahead to letting us know about our dear HRN's surgery.
    That means so much to us!

Love to all,

16. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Victoria......been there/done that as far as the "side effects" of too much narcotics. I thought I was going to die. I increased my fiber and laxatives after that little event! As you said, TMI?!!

It's another beautiful day in our neighborhood today. I guess it's not supposed to get into the 80's again, but the sun is shining and that's all I care about.

Well, even though I woke up with a hurtin' back and some vertigo this morning (probably from doing too much yesterday) I still feel relatively good. As I said yesterday, I'm not sure if it's the Remeron, Vitamin D or the sunshine, but I'm not going to question it too much. Just gonna enjoy it!

DH gave our dog a bath this morning - in the bathtub. I told him to leave the mess, that I would clean it up later after my back loosens up a bit. I just went in there a few minutes ago and the bathtub looks like something out of CSI!! Can't really tell who - or what - died in there! But our doggie looks pretty. Her fur is pretty thick at this time of year and it will probably take her all day to dry. When she shakes her head her fur stands up on end and she looks like Rod Stewart! :)

Well chickies, see y'all later. Hope everyone has a good day.
  17. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

So nice of Heavenly's DH to give us good info and to give us updates.Very nice thank-you.

Fay I hope you are at ease now and can get comfortable to sleep.I better keep something close to the bed cause I can't sleep with clothes on.Sorry if it's TMI but it's true and I don't care how old I get.

Yes jersey knit are the sheets I loved from JCP probably but yeah they stretched out of shape after awhile so I stopped using them.Still I might look for a good set again because they felt good.

I'm beat from picking up branches in the yard and having an Easter egg hunt with a toddler.It was nice to be outside today.

Jan my Vit.D is low the Rhuemy said.My GP doesn't believe in all that he told me.I can only say that the cognitive function got better when my levels rose last time.

18. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Hope you are all having a great day. I am baking a cake now. Family is coming later for dinner. I have missed talkin to ya all. It was a long busy week. Feeling worn out today.

Everyday i have lurked to see whats going on. Always get a chuckle no matter how bad i feel at the time. Laughter is the best medicine. You all are great.

How sweet of HRN'sother to keep us updated on Jan. Thanks for the great tips. Neccos for communion that was funny.

Wish i had time to address each and every one of you. Just know i am sending Best Wishes and lots of laughter.

19. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Also, HRNsotherhalf!! So nice to have you join us. Thank you for your good post with excellent tips and advice.

When I introduced this subject, I knew it would take off. I was kidding around more than anything, but now it turns out very educational. So glad you posted! Also, it's good to know you'll be keeping us updated with HRN's recovery. Thank you!

Good to see pumpkin back. Have a nice Easter, pumpkin. You are absolutely right. Laughter is the very best medicine. So, often when we get to carrying on I forget all my troubles for a while. It's wonderful.
    We are so fortunate ProHealth provides this place for us.

It's been a beautiful day here. A beautiful Easter. The kids are gone now and I've had my ham dinner. I am about to settle down in front of the TV and hem a skirt while I watch Sunday eve. programs.

Spacee, I wanted to say I hope with all my heart my grandkids never forsake me. But, I know it often happens. I know one grandma in particular whose heart has been broken. But, often when the grandkids trade you in for their friends, they eventually come back, when they are grown up. Hopefully, they won't forget their grandma.

Here's to laughter, the best medicine!

20. spacee

spacee Member

To Fay, yes...some kids don't outgrow grammies...Paula Dean is one! I'm sure there are lots that don't.

I have to sleep in my clothes tonite...funny after our topic of the day. Someone is coming about 10am to remove the old stove. And I will have to be an early bird. Be glad to wave bye bye to
    the beast. Oh, I just remembered....hahaha. There are pans in the bottom drawer I need!

I actually was an early bird today and though...well, I will just take a bit of ritalin and it will be
    a good day. It put me back to sleep for a lot of the afternoon. One of the kids says it can have that side effect. It was a very nice nap.

We might be without a stove for a week. (Can you see my eyes brighten at the thought of
    eating out, bringing in...no cooking (assembling)!)

Nite, you all! I love you so much!!