Love all the special critters that love us back..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by contessa, Sep 10, 2002.

1. contessa

contessa New Member

It's difficult reading about all the helping dogs. I lost my Shay a couple of years ago. It's was a long slow death for her but at least we were home when she went. She was with me thru thick and thin. I knew I'd found Mr. Right when he got down on his knees to play with her. I'd never before dated anyone who'd accepted her. She was a big black/tan Doberman and I can honestly say I am alive today because of her. She always pulled me thru the worst times. When I hurt she always knew where to lay for physical support or just plain emotional comfort. Shay was my lap-dog but she started attending my husbands Bible study classes. She would place her head between our joined hands and pray with us. God, how I miss her.

We have a new Doberman now, but she's so athletic and young that she hasn't quite figured it all out yet. So we also got a second cat and she is the one to crawl up and comfort me in the long nights.

Anyone wanna talk about their special 'friends'?
  2. contessa

contessa New Member

It's difficult reading about all the helping dogs. I lost my Shay a couple of years ago. It's was a long slow death for her but at least we were home when she went. She was with me thru thick and thin. I knew I'd found Mr. Right when he got down on his knees to play with her. I'd never before dated anyone who'd accepted her. She was a big black/tan Doberman and I can honestly say I am alive today because of her. She always pulled me thru the worst times. When I hurt she always knew where to lay for physical support or just plain emotional comfort. Shay was my lap-dog but she started attending my husbands Bible study classes. She would place her head between our joined hands and pray with us. God, how I miss her.

We have a new Doberman now, but she's so athletic and young that she hasn't quite figured it all out yet. So we also got a second cat and she is the one to crawl up and comfort me in the long nights.

Anyone wanna talk about their special 'friends'?
  3. JackLambert

JackLambert New Member

I am a first time visitor and find Contessa's thoughts quite in sync with what I have been learning over the past five years that I have had CFIDS. The condition has created in my otherwise scattered attention a special receptivity to my dogs, parrots, rabbit, etc,---all the little creatures I keep around my home here in Africa. It is quite a mysterious process. It is as though the chronic loss of focus on cognitive processes of the human world is actually a passageway into a remarkable close communication with my animals. Anyway..... that's how it feels.
  4. saffie02

saffie02 New Member

hi contessa my name is sherri i have a special critter .her name is saffie .she is a ci\hiuahuah .she s just a little fart with big teeth if she dont know you. but she is like my baby anyways .i used to have a red dobie when my firstson was born .boy he got protective quick .he was a cool dog .i also have a black lab, a collieand a tan hound . that s my pack i grew up on a farm and animals have always been near and dear to my heart.when i am in pain just having my lil critter to stroke helps to ease my mind anyway.writr back anytime at saffie 02 @bellsouth .net lots of hugs sherri
  5. sybil

sybil New Member

a new cat.my beloved siamese Rudi died in 1998,he was nearly 17,i bought him when he was 12 weeks old.it has taken me so long to get over not having him around.but i'm ready for a new cat,but i don;t know if it's sensible as a kitten will take lots of work and i don't know if i am well enough at the moment,

sybilxxx