Love On A Twoway Street.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Oct 7, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I hope everyone is doing the best they can can.
    I went to the rheumy again (since my fall) and he still says I am not up to par.

But (that aside): a neigbor has taken an interest in me.

I walk around the block daily. I have run into this neighbor, a doctor, a few times. I stop and we chat.

He asked if he could come over and 'visit' with me once in a while.

I was shocked. He flirts and I am not used to it. What is there to flirt with?

I have no idea what to do. He knows my condition, but is so sweet and warm and I get the feeling he really likes me very much.

Should I give it a shot. I am really afraid. Is it a 'date' or is it just a friendly thing.

I have been completely out of circulation since my divorce.

Help!

nyrofan
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Hon,

My hands are sooooooo stiff so I will be brief...

Just wanted to say that I saw your post and I say this...

"YOU GO DOWN THE ROAD AND GRAB YOURSELF A DOCTOR!!!!!"

He asked if he can come 'visit' with you??? I say YES and tell him to bring the lil black bag, you have a job for him...tehe

Seriously tho, I'm gonna say what I am thinking here, get ready...Be cordial...Maybe have him over for a 'visit'...BUT, always be on guard (I no longer trust many people, esp. docs,tehe,so I am somewhat apprehensive)...
    However, this may be THE ONE and you certainly wouldn't want that to pass on by, right?

This person can be the ONE that truly understands you and wants to be with you anyway (that didn't sound right, I meant all your ailments) and wouldn't that be WONDERFUL!!!

Allright, between the all over pain today and the poor Yankess getting tortured in the playoffs, I am getting silly...

Glad to hear you are walking around and fighting back from the fall...You, Go Hon!

Now don't forget to let us know when he comes for a visit...It'll be like a real-life soap opera...tehe

Peace~Alicia
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Go for it! The best part is, he already KNOWS about your medical stuff and isn't put off by that, which, of course, he shouldn't be. But I mean, there's nothing to either have to hide or explain.

Why not invite him over and just let things lead where they lead---if it's nothing more than a great friendship, well, we could all use more warm, understanding friends. And if more comes of it, well, maybe that's good, too!

But more than anything else----ya gotta keep us posted!!

(((Hugs & good luck)))
    Pam
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Nyro.. you grab that fellow and hang on.. cuz we are all comin to your house! Dang! Ya know how hard it is to find a good doc??
    teheheh... Maybe you can play doctor!!

Girlfriend.. gosh just have some fun and make a friend. If it is meant to be it will go farther.. if not you have someone you can ask for medical advise!

I say go for it girlee!!!

I'm excited for you!! Keep us posted!

Hugs!
    dona
  5. misskoji

misskoji Member

I can't tell you for certain what it is. Here's my thought though: if you FEEL the flirt, it is! Honey, I hope you go for it! You deserve someone, and a doctor, woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

I say next time you run into him, invite him for a visit! If you're up to it, make him a nice desert.

Best of luck to you hun, and you go girl!!!!!!!!

Deanna
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I have to agree with everyone else here. I would move slow with caution- a girl can't be too careful these days.

I know what you mean tho, I have been single since 1994 and have never dated again. He was the love of my life but he couldn't control his demons and depression and let alcoholism destroy him.

After that I just chose not to date. I found out I like myself very much and enjoy my own company and didn't NEED someone to make me happy.

Now I wouldn't mind to have a freind to go to dinner or a movie with but a good looking doctor might change mey mind,lol.

I hope you start to get better and keep up the walking and invite the good Dr over for coffee and see what happens. Carla
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

I Know how you feel! All the above advice is perfect!! I think sometimes people come into our lives for a reason! If your comfortable around this person then yes i would say go for it! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Maybe He can take you out for a nice dinner ! All i know is it's really nice to have Male companionship! Even after a Divorce!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goodluck! ,,,,,,,,,,,S
  8. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It never hurts to have another friend. Since he is a doctor you might ask him who he considers the best doctor for you.

I find that the biggest challenge, finding the best doctor to help my different problems.

Why don't you let him be your friend and see where it goes. I understand your reluctance but you never know what is intended in your life.

This person could wind up your soul mate, you don't know.
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you, girls:

Chock full of good advice. And you know what? I'm going to take it.

I will go forward with some caution. This is the first time since my divorce that anything like this has happened.

I like the idea of having him over for some dessert.

I am hesitant and uncertain, but since so many of you think I should 'go for it', I am going to chance it.

Maybe i will just end up with a good friend. For me, that would be victory in itself.

He is a widower. His wife left this planet two years ago.

And yes, he knows my condition.

My, oh my, what unexpected things happen.

Well, i will take my daily walks around the block and when I see him again I will ask hime over for coffee and dessert.

I will definitely keep you post. Thank you for the really good advice.

nyrofan

10. Apparantly he has noticed your daily walk around the block. lol! Heck go for it. My sil friend's husband passed away a couple yrs ago, her neighbor across the streets wife died recently and they got together and she is having a ball. He is taking her to plays, movies, trips, they are even planning a trip to Vegas and he pays for everything. I say GO FOR IT!
  11. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I have been following your story. Sounds like a little excitement in the neighborhood. Fun!! I think everyone's advice about being cautious is good, but keep walking because it sounds like something could develop. Keep us posted, would love to hear how it turns out. :) Take care, hope you are having a pain-free day! Kim
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Well it sounds like it would be a lovely afternoon Date. You already know where he lives so be careful, but, Yes go for it.

Sounds like a nice Doctor and if nothing else you can pick his mind for things that might help you.