love the message boards

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeddiAnn, Sep 20, 2002.

1. TeddiAnn

TeddiAnn New Member

Dear Friends,

Thank you all so much for the kindness and consideration that you show to one another. I am new to this web site but I love being able to read and respond to other people who also have similiar health problems. Sometimes I get so depressed. I have just gone to two new doctors searching for anything new in the way of treatment for accute symptoms of CFS. I was given the waste basket routine and came away angry. Just because there arn't any new treatments (I was told) that doesn't mean that I don't the right to ask. I suffer with both night and day sweats, very sore throats, headaches and the feeling "like a two ton dump truck ran over me and then backed up to make sure he got me". I have had these symptoms as a reaccuring cycle for the last several years. Sometimes is is not as bad as it is now but it is always a major problem. I also have arthritis and my PCP has me taking docycline on a regular basis because I can get a sinusitis infection at the drop of a hat and it can turn into bronchitis very fast if not treated. I just had to get another pair of new glasses and I have all my glasses tinted rose because artifical lighting hurts me eyes. I was asked why and when I explained I got the weirdest look like I am some sort of freak. I know, she is just ignorant. At least here I think you might understand what it feels like to be different.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2002]
  2. TeddiAnn

TeddiAnn New Member

Dear Friends,

Thank you all so much for the kindness and consideration that you show to one another. I am new to this web site but I love being able to read and respond to other people who also have similiar health problems. Sometimes I get so depressed. I have just gone to two new doctors searching for anything new in the way of treatment for accute symptoms of CFS. I was given the waste basket routine and came away angry. Just because there arn't any new treatments (I was told) that doesn't mean that I don't the right to ask. I suffer with both night and day sweats, very sore throats, headaches and the feeling "like a two ton dump truck ran over me and then backed up to make sure he got me". I have had these symptoms as a reaccuring cycle for the last several years. Sometimes is is not as bad as it is now but it is always a major problem. I also have arthritis and my PCP has me taking docycline on a regular basis because I can get a sinusitis infection at the drop of a hat and it can turn into bronchitis very fast if not treated. I just had to get another pair of new glasses and I have all my glasses tinted rose because artifical lighting hurts me eyes. I was asked why and when I explained I got the weirdest look like I am some sort of freak. I know, she is just ignorant. At least here I think you might understand what it feels like to be different.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2002]
  3. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi TeddiAnn, We like to think of ourselves as unique and once you get to know us, you'll agree. This is a fantastic support group that reaches all over the world. Grab a cup of herbal tea, put your feet up and stay awhile. I'm sorry that you have had a bad time with the Doctors, most of us have had similar experiences. Don't forget to look over the whole site as there is so much information here, I've even noticed a lot of other sites posting articles from here. Have a good evening.
    God bless, Deena
  4. ladydi

ladydi New Member

WELCOME TO YOU, I'M GLAD YOU FOUND THIS MESSAGE BOARD.
    IT'S SO INFORMATIVE.

THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT OF WHEN YOU SAID YOUR DOCTOR
    SAID THERE WAS'NT ANYTHIN NEW FOR CFS, WAS THE POST
    HERBLADY DID ON PROVIDIL.

GO TO THE TOP OF THE SCREEN IN THE "SEARCH MESSAGES" BOX
    AND TYPE IN "PROVIDIL". IT IS A STIMULANT. SHE HAD A
    WONDERFUL SUMMARY OF THE DRUG AND MANY POST YOU CAN READ
    REGUARDING IT.
    HOPE THIS GETS YOU GOING.
    WARM WISHES,
    LADYDI
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

It is sure a family that understands.

Glad you are here, Kim and Gary
  6. TeddiAnn

TeddiAnn New Member

Dear Ladydi and others, thank you for your responses. I couldn't find anything on the internet about providil. Are you sure about the spelling? I do remember hearing something about this about a year ago but my insurance company won't pay for it. I will probably go back to taking Dexdrine which helps me to focus and concentrate but doesn't do anyting for the flu-like symptoms. I am taking Red Clover extract and that is helping some. I will be going back to my PCP who is an internist. He at least is willing to listen to my complaints and tries to refer me to people who can help.
  7. Nana2Andromeda

Nana2Andromeda New Member

Hi....
    I read your message to nomoredance about your social security. Did your's ever get it approved? And what state are you in? I have a hearing coming up and I am not sure if my doctor types him notes, I guess I better find out.