love the weight of a blanket?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JannyW, Sep 21, 2002.

1. JannyW

JannyW New Member

Does anyone else feel like they need the weight of a good, heavy blanket or afghan on them when they're having a flare-up? Maybe it's a security thing for me, but I NEED my double-weight afghan when the pain gets really bad. I laid on my bed last Sunday, wrapped up in this heavy thing for about 7 hrs, I was hurting so bad.

Jan ^v^
  2. JannyW

JannyW New Member

Does anyone else feel like they need the weight of a good, heavy blanket or afghan on them when they're having a flare-up? Maybe it's a security thing for me, but I NEED my double-weight afghan when the pain gets really bad. I laid on my bed last Sunday, wrapped up in this heavy thing for about 7 hrs, I was hurting so bad.

Jan ^v^
  3. granmama

granmama New Member

...because I was telling my daughter today how years ago my grandmother made quilts with real cotton filling. The weight of them felt so good as a child. Maybe it is a security thing, but now, it would be hard for my arms to handle raising the covers to get up during the night.
    I use a light weight quilt and open weave thermal blanket, plus top sheet. I have used this during the summer along with my wireless mattress pad for warmth.
    I don't know if I will need a wireless blanket or not for the winter, but they are on sale now through JC Penny's catalog.
    I'm not sure if you can use both at the same time though.
    I'll have to look into that unless someone else has an answer. Until I got my wireless pad, I did feel the need to have lots of covers.
    take care Jan,
    granmama
  4. mvock

mvock New Member

Sometimes the blanket helps support my legs by taking some of the pressure off. It can almost feel like sling. It really helps.
    Mark
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I use a light blanket and a cotton sheet with a regular sheet. This is during the summer months. The only problem I really have is that my toes hurt sometimes and the weight of the blanket bothers them even more. So I make my bed with a lot of fullness at the foot so that it dosen't fit tightly at the foot of the bed.

I love big comforters during the winter months, I don't seem to get Warm any other way at times, even during the days I can be found hiding uner my Quilt. ;o)

Sincerely,
    kredca4/sharon