Loved The Secret DVD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi All!
    I just bought The Secret DVD recently and I'm very excited about it. It's a 90 minute long DVD focused on positive thinking and visualization and gratitude. I've only been doing The Secret for a few days and already I'm feeling a little better and I've lost one pound. I ordered it off the internet and got it 3 days later.

I'm very excited about The Secret and even saw one of the two shows about The Secret on Larry King Live last Thursday. I'm going to continue to watch The Secret DVD over and over during the next few weeks. It basically tells people that what you focus on will happen in your life.

Have A Great Day!

Love, Jasmine
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You got so much out of the film. It has been the same for me. It has totally changed the way I pray, meditate, and see the world. I've been reading and watched the "BLEEP" film but "The Secret" is so simple and it gives step-by-step instructions to help people learn how to manifest abundance in their lives.

I watched the film online and took notes. I have done two creativity boards and they remind me every day of where I want my focus to be.

Love, Mikie
  3. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I am going to do a creativity board soon too. I was a little surprised that I'm already feeling better. I just need to continue to do The Secret everyday and try to focus on the positive rather than the negative. When we are feeling unwell, it's so easy to focus on the negative. Let's stay positive! I've been making positive statements to myself throughout the day and I can feel the difference. I'm very excited about doing this long term and seeing the effects!

Love, Jasmine
  4. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Just a bump up for everyone to read.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, the effect is sooooo dramatic in the beginning. We settle in and get used to this new way of thinking and it becomes natural to us. The feeling of well-being continues as do the other benefits but as this becomes second nature, the feeling of awe diminishes a little. It's normal to live a life of abundance and joy. You're right; it's easy to lose sight of that when we feel sick. Thing is, though, that as we feel more abundance, graitude and joy, we start to feel better physically.

As you know, I've been sick for six months, first with my gallbladder and now this abcessed tooth. I never gave up nor let these setbacks deter me from my spiritual goals of gaining enlightenment, growing in spirit, and learning to manifest and create in my life. If I had just given up, I wouldn't probably have been able to get the gb problem diagnosed and I'd still be sick from that.

The tooth flared up six months ago and got better when the dentist adjusted my bite. Now, though, it's obvious that the nerve is dying and it needs the root canal. Every day, I give thanks for my healthy body which has been able to withstand all this and I give thanks for the medical help I have had to enable me to get well. I no longer pray for good health; I assume it is my natural state and I focus on my good health. I'm also thankful that both the gb and the tooth can be treated and will cease to be problems.

I put adhesive cork on the backs of the two long doors to my computer armoire. Then, I printed out pictures of the Universe taken by the Hubble telescope for the background. I've put pictures and sayings of the things I want to manifest and am grateful for on top of the background. I see it every day and every day, I spend time looking at it. I also spend time praying and meditating.

Again, I'm so glad you found this film so helpful. I absolutely loved it and it has profoundly changed my life. I hope others will see this too. When we open ourselves, the tools we need come to us.

Love, Mikie
  6. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Could you give a little more information about this. Before I buy anything I am wondering the religious background on this?
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

People are often concerned that it's some kind of dark practice. It isn't. It's inspirational regardless of one's religion. The origins lie in quantum physics and how science and spirit are related. These books and films are not done for the purpose of teaching religion nor maligning anyone's religion. The only mention in the BLEEP film is that man has failed to see the magnificence and abundance with which God has blessed us. Quantum physics has allowed us to begin to see just a bit into how God's creations work.

We are free to realte to the material, reject it, or whatever but there is nothing to fear from it. It's not evil. Nothing in anything I've seen or read is antireligious.

Love, Mikie
  8. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I just watched The Secret DVD for the second time on Thanksgiving Day. I'm going to watch it several more times so it all sinks into my mind. The Secret basically says that everything we focus on positively will come true. I just started my Vision board today with pictures of everything I want to manifest in my life. I'm so excited!

Mikie, I'm so glad to hear that The Secret is helping you so much. I've also been practising gratitude every day.

Love, Jasmine
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I may buy the DVD if I can find it for less than the retail price. I got a break on the price of the BLEEP DVD's.

I think the biggest thing which I have discovered is that we manifest what we focus on. That's why we see people stuck in a cycle of negativity. They focus on all that is wrong and they just get more of it. Others will pray and pray, trying to convince God that they are in need. They focus on their need and just get needier. I think you are so right; we first have to focus on gratitude for what we have and more will come to us. It's an attitude of gratitude.

Can't remember where this came from but it's on my creativity boards:

"Our thoughts are prayers, and we are always praying. Our thoughts are prayers, listen to what you're saying.

Seek a higher consciousness, a place of righteousness. And know that God is always there. And every thought becomes a prayer."

Love, Mikie
  10. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Mikie,
    I'm really glad I bought the DVD for $34 because I feel it's important for me to watch it once a week so all the information can really sink into my mind. I'm halfway done with my vision board. I've already spent hours and hours on it. It's my newest project!

Love, Jasmine
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The high we get when we first discover these things does wear off a bit and watching the films again helps to rekindle the sense of well-being and optimism and sharpens our skills at manifesting.

There's a lot of info about creative manifesting online. I read about one woman who believes we need to be very clear about what we want and focus on that. Then, she says she leaves it alone and goes into the "sparkle zone." She has decalred a place on the floor as a sacred space and she lies down there. She pants lightly for about 30 secs. Then, she takes a couple of deep breaths followed by easy, slow breathing. It's kind of how she gets into meditation. She leaves the requests alone to let them gel in the Universe. Finally, she is on the lookout for anything which comes along which might advance her desires. She does this over and over in cycles. She said that some things take longer and happen in God's time. We shouldn't get discouraged because He has bigger and better thing in mind for us. I liked that.

I did lie down and try her method for meditating and I did feel a kind of sparkle in my body. It must be energy I can't feel when my mind is racing around. She says not to think too much about requests nor figure out how they will be manifested. We have to just give everything over to God and let Him sort out the details.

Love, Mikie