Low abdominal..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stillafreemind, Feb 7, 2003.

1. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

cramps..sorta. Does anyone else get this? The the last three or four days..across my lower abdomin..I get like cramps..sorta like it went into a spasm and wants to stay that way. It relaxs once in a while..but really is quite uncomfortable and I do not really feel like going out .. and as I have turned 50 today..hubby would like to take me out to supper...just do not know if that is a great idea at this point.

I also have fibroid tumors...but they usually do not go into spasm and just stay there..also..I do feel that menopause/perimenopause and I are definitely getting to know each other.

Does anyone have this? And what do you think it is? It is driving me a bit crazy. Also..do ya have any suggestions for me?

So glad to know this site is here. I want to thank you in advance...Sherry
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Sherry, I had fibroid tumors too. It was hard for me to tell what was going on "down there" because that's where my FMS pain started. So I didn't know if the pain I had was the fibroid, the FMS or what! I had a fibroid last year and had a D&C. This year I had pain and was diagnosed with a UTI. I got that cleared up, but still had pain. Back to the doctor and an ultrasound. She found a fibroid as big as a peach. I had a hysterectomy this past November. I would run to your GYN and find out the status of your fibroid. It could have grown. Don't always assume everything is from the FMS. Let us know what happens!!!!

Annette2
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Thanks so much for your reply. I have several fibroids..one really large one..the size of grapefruit..well it was..it has slowly shrunk over the last five/six years. I have had them twist on their stalks..and die and collapse..this just does not feel like that. I am sure my estrogen is spiking and dropping like a rollercoaster right now..

This feels like the flu that I got a couple of weeks ago..only then it was my stomach muscles doing it..that went around this area and still is. Its just that this is lower this time.

I appreciate your reply..and if it does not straighten up..I will have to go have those little ole fibroids checked. Thanks again...Sherry