Low back pain,anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by adirondackhoney, Jun 30, 2006.

1. adirondackhoney

adirondackhoney New Member

Drives me zippy.
    Includes tail bone, entire pelvic "girdle"
    siatica,hip sockets.
    How do you deal with it?
    Cindy Lou
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I have been experiencing this for about a year. They are still not giving me an answer. I have had so many tests and was told by orthopedic doc that it wasn't a severe spine issue (even though I have degenerative discs). He thinks it is neuropathy. Then, I return to my Rheumy and he said that it is the FMS/MPS. I am so frustrated too!
    I am not dealing too well right now. I am so hard to be around...the pain makes us different people sometimes...don't you think?

Mari
  3. adirondackhoney

adirondackhoney New Member

it does.
    Plus I hate when some say it's "JUST" the cfs/fms..
    It gets severely frustrating.
    (((HUGS)))
    Cindy Lou
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I know what you mean!

I am searching for new doc, but it is so hard...as you know.

Mari
  5. im currently going through a severe bout of low back pain.its that type where my spine stiffens up.its affecting the spine just below where my bra fastens,and goes all the way down my back,i dont have pain in that tail bone thingy though.but i know from past bouts of this spine stiffness and pain,that its going to be affecting me for quite a few days.it always does.

i have a large swelling at the base of my spine,this always swells when im having this spine stiffness.

im a active person,always walking when ever possible,but these past few days ive had to get down on the sofa and sleep,yes the chronic fatigue is with me again too,,, the cold chills/sweats/sneezing and horrible head throbbing,blurred vision.

i bought a roll on pain relieving gel called biofreeze,i apply this to my lower back,it does eases the pain a bit.i can just about cope.but my thigh muscles are very painful,and my knee tendons keep giving me the feeling that they are about to strain themselves or even tear.

with me being active and walking through the pain,i am tearing muscles in my buttocks and thighs.ooohh what is too much walking,and what is too little? im so sick of this illness,really i am.

im concentrating on being kind to myself and resting in between walking around the house.but this sneezing is doing me in just now.

as regards my stiff spine..well im just sick of having to think..oohh it could be because of this..or that...

i dont care anymore,i give in.im resting,and it isnt getting better just now.my irratble bowel syndrome has kicked in too.the rules to get through a day with this illness,feel so complex to me while im at my worst.so im just not going to even think about doing this n that.im just concentrating on being..JUST HUMAN..i hurt and im lying down a while.

kind regards
    fran
  6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

it is constant, I get some relief with my Meds.
    But it never goes away.
    I think it's not so bad during the summer months, because I can Swim in our Pool here. It is kept at a warm temp, so Us old folks, can get in, and do some Water-Arobic excerises.

Plus it's fun,
    sharonk