Low back pain/inflamation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by missdiz, Apr 10, 2007.

1. missdiz

missdiz New Member

I had my back go out and it seems on one side the muscle will not calm down. I feel like the two fibro spots on the low back are kind of keeping it inflamed. Does anyone have any suggestions? This has been going on since January. Meds from Dr help, but too many side effects. Thanks
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Missdiz:

I get that also. Ibuprofen seems to help. That is about all I know and if you have not tried it it can not hurt to try.

nyrofan
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have a lot of low back pain. I don't know what meds you've tried but there are also other things to try.

I have a TENS unit. Have you heard about or tried one of those? It uses electrical stimulation to scramble the pain signals to the brain and make your body produce more pain fighting chemicals (endorphins).

Moist heat

Soaking in a hot tub

Ice

massage

chiropractic treatment

placing a pillow (or two) under your knees when you sleep on your back or one between your knees if you are on your side. This keeps the spine in alignment and really reduces my back pain.

I hope you get some relief soon.
  4. missdiz

missdiz New Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried all but the TENS unit. That might be an idea. I used one for shoulder pain at one time. Thanks again