Low back pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jun 27, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

My low back is what bothers me the most. It feels like it is majorly strained. I can bend over to try and stretch it out and it makes this awful crunchy sound. If I stand for more than 5 min. at a time my back starts killing me way down low. Is this normal with this dd?

Kriket
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

BUMPITY BUMP. Am I the only one here with this kind of back pain?
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Kriket,

Have you ever had a CT scan or MRI of your lumbar spine?

That will show if you have any bad disks, etc. that would be giving you a lot of pain.

I have a pinched nerve in my low back (between L4,L5,S1) that causes me tremendous pain. I also have a lot of other problems (listed in my bio) in my back. I found out all of this from my CT scan. An MRI is best, but I can't get MRI's due to me having a pacemaker.

I don't think this is a normal problem of fms--but normal for a bad back!!! LOL

Due to all of my back problems, and pinched nerve, I can only stand up or walk for a few minutes at a time before I must sit down.

My best friend is my heating pad. Every time I am sitting in my rocker/recliner, I have the heating pad on low behind my low back.

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and lay down and do your stretches...

jodie
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Heat seems to aggrivate it. Was just wondering if this was a normal symptom of fibro. Sounds like it's not.

Kriket
  6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

kriket-

No your back pain does not sound normal w these DD.
    Sounds more like a real back problem. IF it doesn't improve you should see a Dr. Also consider physical therapy. It helped me tremendously!!!!!! Wish I went years ago!

Be careful about bending over to stretch it out. If you have a disc problem you could be making it worse. Trust me, thats what I used to do.

The exercises they teach you in PT can really help many people with low back pain.

Good Luck!
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I think I may have injured my back from standing and stooping over for hours on end doing massages. I am just trying to do too much. Seems each time I do a massage it gets worse and worse. I think it may be repetitive strain injury, I don't know. If it gets much worse, guess I will need to go to the doctor and have an MRI done. I have no insurance so I don't know how in the heck I am gonna afford it. Thanks for the reply.

Kriket