Low Back PainAnyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Apr 22, 2006.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Been suffering from low back pain--SI sacroilliac joint.

The ache feels like it's in the butt cheeks and moves down the thigh. The funny thing is that one day it's on the right and the next moves to the left---very odd.

Anyone with FM have this kind of ache? What do you do for it?

I live with the heating pad.

Tania
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Mostly on the right side. Of course, I also have pain up and down my whole back too. LOL But I know what you mean. My doctor gives me trigger point injections there and it helps for a little while.
  3. schaken

schaken New Member

Sometimes on my right, and others on left. Heating pad or ice packs.

Does anyone else have cramps in their feet. Sneakers, sandals, birkies, nothing works.

Leslie
  4. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Does it ever go away? I went to therapy a few months ago and I swear the SI joint pain went away for a little while but then it's back. It is so annoying.

What do you all take for this back pain?

Feet pain--yes And, sometimes I can get away with wearing Tevas or Clarks, but in the long run I end up with hip pain. Seems like I HAVE to wear sneakers with a 1/4-1/2 inch heal lift in my right shoe to avoid pain in my left hip. Here goes my love of pretty shoes!

Tania
  5. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I know what you mean about the ice. Many doctors say ice, but yes heat feels so much more comforting. The last time I had this SI joint pain--the doctor was nice and said ice for 20 minutes and then I could use heat too.

I'm going to see the orthopedist this week, but until then I'll talk your advice and try the ice again. BRRRRRR!!!!!

As far as meds, I'm just taking Tylenol. I guess if I pop an Advil it might help. Too many days of Advil just kills my stomach.

Thanks everyone for posting.

Tania
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have had lower back pain since 98 and was diagnosed with Lumbar Spondylosis, facet syndrome, cervical spondylosis and other problems not related. I was fine and one day I stood up and couldn't bend forward or backward. It was a Sunday and friend called Chiropr. but no help. I had to lay flat on my back on the floor for relief for 3 weeks. Now, I'm on meds for it but still a lot of pain, mostly on the right side. I don't think this is related to your problem but I have a friend who had something like you are describing. She was out of work for 3 months, then got ok and is still fine now. That was several years ago.

Hope your back problem gets better and I CAN relate to the pain.

Take Care!

BlueSky555

7. Gly

Gly New Member

Yes, I've had that for many years now. I take Celebrex. Also learn some exercises to strengthen your core and be careful when bending. A physiotherapist can teach you more.

I can't take the Celebrex right now because I have a surgery coming up and it can increase bleeding. So I'm taking Emtec 30 as needed (Tylenol 3 w/o caffeine). Another good pain reliever is 2 Tylenol taken with 2 Advil and a cup of coffee. That's what my daughter's doctor recommended for her knee pain.

If you do a google search for "Sacroiliac joint dysfunction" you'll find some more information and some good exercises. I haven't been able to get rid of mine completely, though. When the fibro is bad I don't move around enough and then the lower back pain gets worse, too.
  8. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Had this for years. Here are my tools: ice; arnica gel, magnetic wrap, homeopathic called "BACK", brace when riding in the car or "doing" anything, massage, and if it gets really bad to the chiropractor.

It's become worse as the years progress.

LIGHT**********carole
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

i have crippling & agonising lower back pain every day 24/7 365 days a year.
    I take 8 x 50mg tramadol every day but its had to be inccreased to 10 per day.
    There is nothing at all that stops it or eases it i have tried ice,heat & allsorts of other things.
    I have to suffer theres no 2 ways about it.
    May god bless you & yours.
    fibrolady37.