Low Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jan 16, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

My boyfriends blood preaaure is 92 over 56. Pulse is 68.
    Usually his blood pressure is too high. What would make it drop so low. It has been low for a few days, but seems like it keeps getting lower. When should I be alarmed?
    He is sooooo hard headed about going to the doctor. One reason, no insurance.

Kriket
  2. ksl25

ksl25 New Member

do you have a medi-merge or free clinic nearby?
    u should really get him to see someone. my sister was filled with fluid after having a baby and almost died. her heart was bearing functioning. it was basically a heart attack (congestive heart failure) good luck to you and your boyfriend!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/16/2007]
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

No, we live in the country and there is no such clinic like that around here. We have to drive 45min.- 1hr. to even get to a hospital or decent doctor.

The fluid does scare me, cause he has had a really bad cough, and I have been afraid that it is turning into pneumonia and was afraid it could actually be fluid building up. Gosh, I hope not.

Thanks for your input on this.

Kriket
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

How low did your sisters blood pressure get?

Kriket
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

He does not take any medication.

He has had a real bad cough, but not the flu.

He takes his heart rate mostly at night when he lays down.

I hope it is just a resting heart rate or something like that.

he has just not been feeling well at all lately and I am very worried about him.

Kriket
  6. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

is a potentially dangerous warning sign- and as mentioned above, with a cough preceding this episode, it very well could be CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)- a buildup of fluid around the lungs or the heart. Additional signs could be (but aren't necessarily always present) swelling of the legs or coughing up blood (due to the pressure around the lungs). I would say 'be alarmed' now. A drop in HBP could also precede stroke symptoms.

Look up some info on the signs and symptoms of CHF on the internet. Do you qualify for medical assistance? Some government medical assistance programs will retroactively cover an unexpected illness even if you do not qualify for Medicaid. Good Luck!