Low Blood Pressure?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by orionshines94, Aug 28, 2003.

1. orionshines94

orionshines94 New Member

I have low blood pressure.60/80 I do not take any medications of yet. I have fibro. I'm almost afraid to take any thing because I don't want my b/p to drop any further. does any one know what could be causing this? Until about a year ago, my b/p was 140/90
  2. LBV

LBV New Member

As you can tell from this sight you must be patient and willing to work with medicines to find the right ones. You need to try to find a doctor familiar with fibro (sometimes not so easy). Alot of people have success with anti-depressents because they affect the central nervous system and can help with orthostatic intolernce(dizzy when you stand up etc.) but too much and it can have the opposite effect and lower your blood pressure so more is not better. There is also a medicine called midodrine that might help you with low blood pressure if you have some orthostatic intolerance. My sister has low blood pressure and hers is from low blood volume. First line of defense for many is to increase salt intake and fluids. Some it helps some it doesn't but it is an easy place to start.
    You might do some searches on the site for other info, they post lots of good stuff here.

Good Luck
    Kimberly