Low Blood Volume 7 to 50 less than normal people

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, Jul 1, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I read a very interesting article from a researcher of CFS. In the article the doctor stated that people with CFS are operating on 7% to 50% less blood volume than healthy people.

He was angry at doctors that tell their patients to exercise. He said that if someone saw a person bleeding to death they would be rushed to the nearest hospital for blood tranfusion, they would NOT be told to get up and run a mile.

I thought that this was a wonderful way of explaining how bad this disease makes people feel.. Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

love,
    Andrea
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Andrea ... I'm glad to see this information surfacing more and more .. I really agree with it .. I have low BP .. and it sometimes can be horrible when I have to have blood drawn for tests .. the mistake we may be making is thinking we are in good shape BP wise, when it is another underlying problem .. I also have mitral valve prolapse .. I wonder if that has any influence ?
    Thanks for the info !
    Joy : )
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hi,

Can you tell us where we can read that article or the name of the researcher ? This is all very interesting.

Thanks ... marcia

[ advertisement ]