Low body temps

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by MsBrandywine, Mar 27, 2014.

1. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Ok.. Back again with another question.
    Been home from my friends for a week and apparently I got sick with what he had or similar.. so.. I went to the Drs tuesday .. she said sinusitis.. and gives me an antibiotic..
    The nurse took my temp but said I didn't have a fever.. but I told her.. my temp has been running around 96.3 for awhile now.. so today.. after I started the antibiotic the other day.. not sure if it is the Reli on thermometer maybe not working but.. its 95.3..
    Seems like that is way too low? I dont remember having it this low before..
    Not sure if its something to do with the Chronic Fatigue.. or with my Thyroid or what.. just know I feel terrible.. been stuffy and then some coughing.. Im thankful it isn't any worse then what it is.. but.. just wondering if anyone else ever gets low body temps like this?

I do have alot of inflammation with my neck going on and with it around my neck and up around my head.. like tension and pressure even down around my cheekbones and around the ears..
  2. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Actually.. I shouldnt have but. did.. looked it up.. think I will call my Dr and find out what is going on.. with the Chronic fatigue and the thyroid issues.. is probably what it is but.. guess it doesnt hurt to check.. it out.. Sheesh been to the Drs so much this winter..
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I've had low body temperature for years and years. Wasn't able to get to fever level and was always real low. So yes I recognize what you say. I don't know what caused or cured it but I think it's better now. I haven't checked in ages, still need to replace the batteries in the thermometer.

UGH bought the new battery just hadn't replaced it yet, only to find there are two on top of each other instead of one B)
  4. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Thanks for the reply Soul.. I looked but I don't see where this one takes batteries..
    I tried and tried to get it apart.. but apparently this one is like a throw away..?
    I hadn't eaten anything yet when I took the temperature.. I was getting rather hungry so I had something to eat about 30 minutes ago.. I just tried it again.. and it was 96.4 so it did come up.. a little.
    Probably most people don't check theirs.. I don't usually take it until I feel like maybe I have a fever.
    Although I did take it a few weeks back.. when there was talk about the thyroid.. so.. I took it then and if I remember right it wasnt only about 96 or 97..
    Thank You for your reply!.. I appreciate it.
    What kind is your thermometer?
    Healing Hugs,
    Deb
  5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Mine is an ear thermometer but it was also low at docters etc.
    And it took me ages to figure out how to open it up too :p
    I have to press something pointy in a small hole before the lid will come of.
    I almost ruined it trying to open it without understanding that. I always save the instructions of electronics but only just recently ordered them and put them in maps so that I can actually find them when I need them :D

Combined with one of the old batteries it worked for a bit and I'm fully up to normal. 37,4C I only know in Celcius which normal is between 37-37,5 C and I was always at a 36 even when sick it wouldn't reach to 37.

I think for me it also had to do with bad blood circulation. I always had extremely cold feet as well and would get cold from within that I couldn't control by getting heath from outside. That seems to be much better now.

I'm trying to recall when that changed but I can't for the life of me remember when that was. I did have a b12 deficiency that was taken care of along the way but I don't recall if that was related in any way or even in the same time... I do remember not noticing any changes because of the b12 injections as I did hope to feel better because of them even though my docter said I probably wouldn't. So wish I could say anything sensible about it but unfortunately nothing related stuck in my brain... except recognizing it and having had the same problem for years and years...
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  6. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I think for ME, taking the higher dosing of Iodine is getting my daytime temps to 98+....read my notes in Mary's post on IBD/Hashi and Thiamine......

You probably would do good by starting with lower doses of Iodine and work up to 12mg or so, that dose seems to be what just about everyone on Iodine supplemention takes....some on the Iodine group, take 50mg and these are dealing with cancers and other tough health conditions.....but I stay at 12mg give or take....

I started talking about Iodine here some time ago, when I realized the Iodine Deficiency in our population, Dr. David Brownstein has books out there on this issue as does Dr. Dowd, I t hink that is his name..... You can go to PH archieves and find Iodine comments, PH sells a iodine supplement.

Do your research.....it's another missing piece to this big puzzle on our health.
  7. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Thank You Jam.. I will do that.. I have to go to the Drs tomorrow and I am going to ask her to refer me to a Dr that deals with the endocrine system I guess it would be..
    I know the one I went to before back in 06.. for a few years moved away.. and Im not certain if they replaced her.. I heard that ones regular Dr or GNP.. is taking care of it.. in this area anyways.. But tomorrow.. I am going to be doing some questioning and finding out some stuff..
    like.. changing from the Synthroid to Armour and .. also.. by the sounds of it.. It is Ok to take the lower dose of Iodine even tho taking the Synthroid or the Armour?
  8. jaminhealth

Everyone I know who takes Iodine, takes Armour or Syn, but you know how I feel about Syn, we've talked about that before here....jam
  9. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Right.. I understand that Jam.. I guess it seems logical to me..that if one takes the iodine and then the ARmour or Syn.. the dosage would be lowered because of the Iodine is helping.. so guess it would be something that needed to be checked more often.. My dosage of the Syn.. has been the same for at least 5 yrs or more..
    Thanks again for your help!.. I appreciate it..
  10. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Well I definitely know it is time to get another Dr.. Shes asking me what I came in for.. I said the GNP Diane wanted to see me in 2 weeks when I was in when I was having .. she called panic attacks.. she wanted me to try some Zoloft.. but.. I can't take any of that stuff.. and so when I went in.. The Dr says well what are you here for today.. I tell her.. and she just looks at me like.. duh.. then says well then don't take it.. when I said it makes me feel funny..

she checked me.. I mention about getting referred to an Endocrinologist.. for my thyroid.. She asked for why.. I said because.. I feel like something isn't right with it.. and I want to see about taking Armour.. and she says well lets get a ultrasound.. and thats it.. so..
    Waited almost 50 minutes.. and she maybe spent not even 8 to 10 minutes with me..
    The nurse says when I was leaving.. getting ya right in and right out.. Im like huh..

I will find one on my own.. and in the meantime look for another Dr.. The GNP.. she listens and will usually go along with what I ask or mention to her..
    its a a big Clinic.. Guthrie is well known in this area.. but.. strange when sitting there and then seeing them bring someone out with a gurney with the Ambulance team.. then when Im about to leave.. another Ambulance comes in.. and upstairs and back in where they brought the other person out.. Same two guys.. Not sure what happened.. probably wont ever find out.. but.. not good when You see 2 get taken out that way.. two within an hour and maybe 15 mninutes.. is pretty strange..
    also..
    I forget which forum on here that I saw about the Natural Drs.. to see too that deals with more natural stuff?
    Oh.. and when I mention to the Dr.. that my temp was 95.3 yesterday.. she just said.. my thermometer was broke.. when the nurse took my temp this afternoon there it was 98.6.. Go figure..
    But I know usually the temp is lower in the mornings with thyroid issues.. ..
    So.. time for new Dr..
    Im sorry if it seems like I am complaining and being negative but.. it is so very discouraging..
    The nurse set up an appt for the ultrasound and to get started for PT with my neck.. I told her about my ear hurting and in the jaw and she just said everything looks fine.. to her.. it was.. to me it still hurts.. and the glands werent swollen.. or lymph nodes.. in that area.. the GNP when Iwent for antibiotic.. said it was.. so.. must be the antibiotic is working.. some.. anyways..
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  11. jaminhealth

Well, I HOPE you can find an "out of the box" thinking MD. Darn darn shame, and believe me if I complained about all my pain, I'd live in the doc's office. I guess I've learned to "live" with it, it's changed my life, but I don't see it going away, managed YES, but whole body is chronic pain. I too know, mine are from injuries and the mess of hip replacement. jam

PS: My experience with endo doc is that they are stuck on Synthroid...could be some exceptions but the limited ones I've seen, their choice is Syn.....I'll NEVER see an endo again...

It was a Osteopathic MD who put me on Armour back in 2002, no labs, nadda, he just knew and called in Armour on the phone to pharm. I saw him for back issues for many years....the old D.O. were much smarter about health than the ones today, I believe.... But again, there are exceptions there too. We have a D.O. woman in our city and she is very alternative with her healing. She is not my doc but I know of her. I 've heard over years that Syn paid off medical schools to push their product. Wouldn't put it past them at all......
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  12. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

At my friends who was having surgery so havent been able to reply.
    I looked up on the website for the Dr You are speaking of Jam.. but there arent any around in my area They have them over by NYC but I am in Central NY
    But thank You for your reply.. God Bless