Low Cholesterol Diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Spacey, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Spacey

Spacey Member

I need help. Have High bad cholesterol,. Get a little confused on what to eat and how to stay on low C Diet. Thanks Spacey
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My chloresterol was also sky high. My daughter is a dietician. food affected it very little. Lipitor, crestor, red yeast rice.... very little help.

My fatigue doc found low thyroid function and put me on time-released bio-identical T4/T3. My body temp went up, weight going down, chloresterol getting used up too.

Also, I just read the book on Iodine by David Brownstein MD, I had started Lugol's Iodine 2 drops/day 4 months ago. I went into hyper-thyroidism! Body temp 99.4°F. Had to drop down 2X now to a lower dose.

Iodine deficiency could help you alot. 2 drops/ day ~ Iodine in the average Japanese diet.

I kinda mis-spoke in the title, its actually the liver that burns up the chloresterol. The thyroid hormone is the "gas pedal" to the cells, so the liver starts functioning again.
  3. Spacey

Spacey Member

Thank you both for the info. I am going to look this up. Sounds interesting. Diane
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

by two doctors. You can download to MP3 if you want to.

Also, consider vegetable juicing. Dr. Sandra Cabot, MD www.liverdoctor.com recommends juicing as the best way to cleanse and super charge this organ. I like carrot, celery and 1/2 beet. The raw juices contain powerful enzymes.